Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Spooners ?

Default 2015 Spooners ?

After the Tigers toweling the Storm tonight we will have certainly firmed into a short priced favorite to claim the spoon again & that's not what this club wants or needs , the next few rounds will show if any of the players have put the cue in the rack for the rest of the season apart from Myles because his efforts have been obvious of late
    #itaintweaktospeak

either us or the Knights. Pretty sad considering this was our so called 'rebuilding' year.

What I don't get is how pundits are constantly saying we need to feel the pain before it gets better ... WTF have the last 4 years been about then?
    Last edited by Titanic; 31-07-15 at 10:57 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Our win against the Eels was critical. I reckon Knights. Based on for and against and games coming up.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I still think the spoon will be ours
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    I still think the spoon will be ours
    Me too but mathematically. ......

The Knights are a hot mess right now. I'd be very surprised if they won another game - they just conceded 40 to the offensively anemic Dragons!!

We will win one more before the season is out. Don't be surprised if we win in the last round with JT, Morgan, Matt Scott, Tupou and Granville all rested before a qualifying final. (Here's hoping!!)

We beat Dragons we don't get the spoon.

Unless tigers win their last 2 games and Newcastle win one more

Newcastle don't need to do anything unless we win at least one more which is unlikely ... it's all in the hands of the Tigers now, imho.

QLD Cup

Wonderful having something to put interest into the final games of the year. it's the reason we beat the Raiders, they didn't have anything to play for.....tongue firmly in cheek!

Quote Originally Posted by NSW Titan View Post
    Unless tigers win their last 2 games and Newcastle win one more
    Panthers are still a chance as well

regardless of where we finish, would most people agree we are quite a bit better than last year?

winning 8 games for the spoons shows how good this comp is. In the super rugby and AFL, the bottom team usually wins 2 or 3 max, and there is often a second team only slightly above that.

we might get the spoon, but we also are only 2 wins behind teams who were fighting for finals up until last weekend. small consolation, and the spoon will sting, but my point is more that ladder position doesn't tell the full story of the year sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    regardless of where we finish, would most people agree we are quite a bit better than last year?

winning 8 games for the spoons shows how good this comp is. In the super rugby and AFL, the bottom team usually wins 2 or 3 max, and there is often a second team only slightly above that.

we might get the spoon, but we also are only 2 wins behind teams who were fighting for finals up until last weekend. small consolation, and the spoon will sting, but my point is more that ladder position doesn't tell the full story of the year sometimes.
    I would agree that we are much better to watch this year than last. Defence is still a problem but we are much better to watch in attack. I know all sides cop injuries but I think I read that LG and Sezer have played together 7 times this year and we won 4 of those ( I might stand corrected but I think that's right). If you keep winning 4 in every 7 you play finals footy.
    Missing DCE and losing Sezer, I hope doesn't set us back as it's essential we improve quickly and hopefully make the finals next year. Oh for some hard running hard hitting forwards.

Elgey is our shining light and will make everything OK. We're 8-7 with him compared to 0-7 without him. Spoon or not (I think we're safe) our future on and off the field is better than it has been for a long time