Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Anyone reckon Elgey needs to change his boots? Slips over alot?
    Knick knack patty whack give a DOG a bone
    DCE f.........k off home

^ yeah, anyone know what's up with that? I've noticed it a lot too.

it really, really hurts to know that Sezer won't be in this team next year. If Taylor comes straight into the starting side then he sure has some big boots to fill..
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 03-08-15 at 11:21 PM.

When i checked out the pitch tonight it was heaps slippery and nikes arent the best that elgey wears
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

anyone expecting ash taylor to fill Sezers boots will be dissapointed.

Sezer debuted in 2012 and has had a handful of good / really good games before this season. It will take Taylor at least a little while to get there.

LG actually made more consistent impact in his first dozen matches than Sezer did.

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    When i checked out the pitch tonight it was heaps slippery and nikes arent the best that elgey wears
    Yep, the FoxSports coverage seemed to suggest it was quite slippery under foot. In Fact, at one point I was going to ask if there was a shower pass through pre-game.

LG could probably do with some better boots, but he doesn't do himself any favours when he pivots 'n get his body angle right over like he does at times. But with that said, I've seen a Seagulls match earlier this year that was a absolute quagmire on the day, 'n he had no problems at all. It just could be the boots after all, like Davis 'n Toddy mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Davis13 View Post
    Anyone reckon Elgey needs to change his boots? Slips over alot?
    Longer studs maybe? He was slipping over up at suncorp as well. But it was great to see him with the show and go. Now he just needs the confidence to use his cut out pass and we are looking at some very handy points.

Press conference was interesting. Henry talking about Taylor drifting out to the edge on his own accord. He just doesn't want to tow the line unfortunately.

Another point I wanted to mention was I thought Bird did a better job as Captain than James at the moment. He said it himself, he revels with the added responsibility and his game lifts, which I'd agree with. He stood up and owned his dumb mistakes but it wasn't his defence that cost us a try that bought Parra to the 18-14 score line. It was dismal defence from Moseley and James.
    Just on our defence, we seem to be very out of sync. A lot of our energy is used up trying to wrestle against each other in the process of making the tackle. Ones pushing whilst the other is pulling. Allows for a lot of ineffective tackles, offloads and quick plays. Thought we would have had this sorted out by now.

Hopefully Melbourne take their Tigers form into the game with us this week.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Press conference was interesting. Henry talking about Taylor drifting out to the edge on his own accord. He just doesn't want to tow the line unfortunately.

Another point I wanted to mention was I thought Bird did a better job as Captain than James at the moment. He said it himself, he revels with the added responsibility and his game lifts, which I'd agree with. He stood up and owned his dumb mistakes but it wasn't his defence that cost us a try that bought Parra to the 18-14 score line. It was dismal defence from Moseley and James.
    I don't know if he is injured, but it seems to me that Ryan James form has plummeted badly compared to how he was playing before SOO. Anyone else agree with this?

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    I don't know if he is injured, but it seems to me that Ryan James form has plummeted badly compared to how he was playing before SOO. Anyone else agree with this?
    Samson (James) should not have had his hair cut......

I was lucky enough to finally get back to a Titans game. It felt great to be back.

The first half was a real worry and painful. But I moved to The Legion at half time. Was great to see so many old and familiar faces. And to see that I was missed. It really is a great place to watch the footy. Stand and cheer your team. But supporter culture at our club needs all the help and cooperation we can give it.

I also would like to totally claim the win as my won. Because as soon as I moved we started winning.

I was so stoked I thought it was time to grab one of the new Titans jersey with the Aquis logo.

It was also fantastic to see Darryl Kelly there with the Titans supporters waving the flags all game. What a guy seriously. He saved our club and he did it because he is a true fan of the sport and club. I had a chat to him about HKRL and he was quick to point out that our major sponsor is from Hong Kong.

Happy with the win and glad we have lifted off the bottom of the table.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Was that Mr Daryl Kelly sitting in the crowd, just watched interview on foxsports and I swear it was him or if it wasn't it was his twin brother
    It was the man himself! What a guy!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Eels: Match Highlights

One last rant (that's a lie), anyone watching live at home. When Tim Mannah went off in the first half under the concussion rule. Was there anything that showed contact to the head? It pissed me off cause he was due to be subbed (28 or so minutes in) and he claims a hit to the head and gets a free interchange. I saw nothing on the ground to suggest that a concussion interchange was warranted.

It's something that we are going to see a lot more of too given the reduced interchange next year.

he got slammed a little bit, but it was 20 mins in an d exactly time for a rest. he definitely started walking are normal pace once he was off the field, as i watched him the whole way thinking the same thing

QLD Cup

Saw the post match coach interview. Just wondering when the team's budget can stretch to buying razors for the coach. They didn't have enough with Carty but surely the NRL would have some. Might help with our professionalism.....