Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I gotta say i love the pride and passion meady plays with, if everyone put in half as much effort as ,eady does wed be in the top 8. And full credit to elgey who led the team around the park, wasnt spectacular with some of his last tackle options but kept trimg and never took a backwards step to pauli

Yeah Kane's attitude in defence is admirable. Kept showing up. Plays with plenty of heart.

So glad to see Greg bird back just hope he can stay on the park, don't care what anyone says I'd love to see him retire here, loved the dummy from LG good to see him playing with enthusiasm, agreed on all the comments about Sezer he will be sorely missed next year, good to get a win but I'm still not convinced

Scrappy win and not the best game of footy but I'll take it!

Elgey is a star and will only get better. Seemed like he took more control in this game especially in the second half. Great kicking game and has good support play which led to points tonight.

Aidan has really picked up his kicking lately and he will be missed. Bloody DCE.....Bring on Taylor/LG though

Bird had a good game tonight. Worked hard and got involved. Also didn't hog the ball as much which gave us some more attacking opportunities on the left.

Meady once again played with 110% heart and effort like he always does. Never stops trying the bloke and really shut down Semi tonight.

Nene MacDonald should be a long term centre or winger for us, no doubt in my mind. I'm a big fan of his and his stats tonight (2 tries, 150m+, 5 tackle breaks etc) showed how dangerous he is. Possibly needs to work on defence a little but loving the way he is playing.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Gotta give credit to fai fai loa he played well

Was that Mr Daryl Kelly sitting in the crowd, just watched interview on foxsports and I swear it was him or if it wasn't it was his twin brother

Anyway forgot in my earlier post to just say Meady once again gave 110% really aimed up in defence against rardradra and had some good carries also Nene is only going to get better and is a long term prospect

Nene impressed me a lot, the only criticism I have is when we has his dummy half runs, I think he should just run straight and hard instead of sideways etc, he's a big fast bloke and will make more metres that way, but other than that he was one of the best

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Gotta give credit to fai fai loa he played well
    Yeah agree showed a lot more then mr Gordon has shown in the past few weeks

It's official, Parra fans are the biggest douche bags in the league.

Still not seeing a team effort. Agree with most of the comments. Elget definitely more vocal and commanding in the second half. Good to see him take some of the kicking duties off Sezer. Maybe someone will learn to run off Bird when he makes his short breaks.

Our defence is too spread out, we are defending from sideline to sideline when we could be compressed and tighter up the middle. Interchange worked a little better today so players weren't bleeding missed tackles before being replaced.

Roberts needs to work on this running sideways crap too. It's not helping. Anyone looking to make an effort in Ocsober can always play the Hoffman drinking game. Everytime he passes the ball you have to skoll. You'll be sober for the month no problems.

Anyway, to the Parra fan who is walking home with a flag up his ass, you get no apologies from me. Don't wave the thing in my face on purpose.

Yes it was Darryl Kelly sitting with the Legion. I went over and shook his hand and thanked him for everything he has done for the Titans. He came midway through then first half and stayed until the end of the game. He even held that huge Titans flag and was swinging it with all his might when the team came back out for the second half. Great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    It's official, Parra fans are the biggest douche bags in the league.

Still not seeing a team effort. Agree with most of the comments. Elget definitely more vocal and commanding in the second half. Good to see him take some of the kicking duties off Sezer. Maybe someone will learn to run off Bird when he makes his short breaks.

Our defence is too spread out, we are defending from sideline to sideline when we could be compressed and tighter up the middle. Interchange worked a little better today so players weren't bleeding missed tackles before being replaced.

Roberts needs to work on this running sideways crap too. It's not helping. Anyone looking to make an effort in Ocsober can always play the Hoffman drinking game. Everytime he passes the ball you have to skoll. You'll be sober for the month no problems.

Anyway, to the Parra fan who is walking home with a flag up his ass, you get no apologies from me. Don't wave the thing in my face on purpose.
    Pretty good summary. I feel sorry for parra fans watching that and for one to leave the ground with a flag up his date would make it a poor night overall.
    One of the lowest games I have seen for a while and Parra were a rabble. Our second half salvaged the night, Sezer, Mead, McDonald and Bird got pass marks but against a decent opposition we would have struggled to find anyone. Even Bird stupidly coughed up that ball trying to offload in our quarter when we led 18-10 and Parra scored that set. But he was strong overall. I agree with you about Roberts running sideways but as he doesn't get clean ball he seems to have little choice. Oh for someone that can give him space. I also didn't think Moseley had a great game but we do look sharper when is there over the very predictable and slow Falloon.
    I'll just cop the win and worry about this team without Sezer some other time.

I saw Darryl Kelly just down there - that was really good!

I need just one more win to collect on my over 7.5 season wins bet, my best chances look to be the home games against the Raiders and Dragons.

Mosely makes a difference in there, he should provide a really good change of pace at hooker with Nathan Friend there next season. Falloon can't get gone quick enough.

It's great to see us get a win but I am 100% certain that we would have lost tonight's game if Aiden Sezar was not in our side. Canberra have got a good one there. It is painful to think that we are suffering through another bottom 4 season and that our spine will actually be WORSE next year.

The other frustration was how little ball Roberts got. Having Bird out there choking all the attack is just so hard to watch. There was one instance in the second half where we shifted it wide and Bird was positioned OUTSIDE Roberts in attack. How does that happen?!?!?!?! Crazy...

Anyway, it's great to get a win. just one more (at least) please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Yes it was Darryl Kelly sitting with the Legion. I went over and shook his hand and thanked him for everything he has done for the Titans. He came midway through then first half and stayed until the end of the game. He even held that huge Titans flag and was swinging it with all his might when the team came back out for the second half. Great guy.
    I am also certain he was on the train I was on going to the game and he was talking to people as we walked to the game. Seems a genuine guy and we can't let him go.

It was a scrappy game but we got the two. Meady was begging for the ball all night and you could see he was not impressed. As others have said he always gives 110%. Fai Fai Loa played OK I thought as did Birdy, LG and McDonald. Sezer had a blinder and is going to be sadly missed next year. Makes me hate the little backflipping turd $CE even more, if that is at all possible.

Mead was immense. you could tell he was pumped not to let their star weapon get any room. was in his face, big contact and soaring for catches that semi normally gets to tap down to his centres.

Sezers kicking was pretty sweet.

Elgey was barking at his guys to get up and defend in second half which was good. he got bowled over more often than glenn mcgrath tonight....but kept getting up and getting his body infront again. his spark that he had early in year, and was missing in games since injury seemed to be back.

Nene was sick, and FaiFai was really useful too. above Gordon, behind Don is his ranking.

Bird was pretty good..but he did make two errors that gave parra possession which they then scored two of their three tries from. the last one was an unnecessary offload 20m out from own when we are up by 8 with 16 odd minutes left.

as a team..we were too flat in first half trying to run backline shifts in each other pockets.

A win is a win...if we didnt get the points it would be remembered in bottom rung of games this year...but winning makes it bearable.

as an aside...some of our potential signings that are still secret and were dependant on people like D taylor leaving, and now he is going. is that going to speed things up i wonder.