Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Neil Henry

In large part this is an outcome of ignoring the junior talent in our backyard...our record of bringing players through our system in my opinion is not great...then we pay BIG money to players to come here and play because we haven't nurtured the junior talent into A Grade players. This is the real strength of the Broncos...their junior identification and development programs are outstanding...talent overload and they make the tough decisions when they need to happen and let players go that aren't performing.
    History would show we failed miserably in the Junior Identification and Development from Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    In large part this is an outcome of ignoring the junior talent in our backyard...our record of bringing players through our system in my opinion is not great...then we pay BIG money to players to come here and play because we haven't nurtured the junior talent into A Grade players. This is the real strength of the Broncos...their junior identification and development programs are outstanding...talent overload and they make the tough decisions when they need to happen and let players go that aren't performing.
    History would show we failed miserably in the Junior Identification and Development from Day 1.
    Hammer you hit it on the head there.
    The Broncos have great success with keeping and developing their talented juniors. The Storm and Bellamy also seem to identify and develop players very well. There was an interesting article last week which had the Titans as 4th last with the number of NYC players that had come in to the NRL which is poor considering the numbers of our juniors. However the guys on here that closely follow the young blokes have indicated things have improved on that front fortunately.

Answer me this, I've seen it from one club but has anyone got anything to do with a JRL club on the Gold Coast and when it comes time for a junior to possibly be signed (or go through a development program), are they pushed towards the Broncos or the Titans. I've personally seen players being pushed towards the Broncos from Gold Coast JRL clubs purely because there is a future there and a better program.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Hammer you hit it on the head there.
    The Broncos have great success with keeping and developing their talented juniors. The Storm and Bellamy also seem to identify and develop players very well. There was an interesting article last week which had the Titans as 4th last with the number of NYC players that had come in to the NRL which is poor considering the numbers of our juniors. However the guys on here that closely follow the young blokes have indicated things have improved on that front fortunately.
    For certain mate. The recent addition of our HPU is an absolute game changer although we won't see the fruit of this until 2-3 years time when some of these guys break in to the NRL grades

Junior

Very disappointed with the "Team Talk" email from Neil Henry. Yes, we are veeeeerrry long odds to make the finals, but he's clearly thrown in the towel and sounds happy to play for scraps for the rest of the season. He says he's happy with how went went against Brisbane (I assume because we suck and he expected us to do even worse), and called the Eels a 'powerful' side (which I can only interpret as his tacit admission that we'll lose). Boy howdy, thanks for revvin' me up for some Monday night Footy, Neil!

Andrew Johns basically scoffed at Titans attacking plays the other week on the radio.

"These block running plays are just toooo easy to read, you need some variation"

The lack of variation in the Titans play sheet is really hurting the team. Henry has not improved this area at all this season
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

teke, I couldn't agree more. Henry has offered nothing in structures at any club he has coached. I don't mind him re-organising the club as it needed someone to do that but he is anything but a modern-day coach.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Personally, I'd prefer Lockyer to teach our young fellas a thing or two. That ugly unreadable grubber kick of his is something Johns cannot offer anyone.