Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ahh righto, gotcha now. Fair call.

May not have played a whole game but showed just how good he is. If him and elgey can have a big offseason and bulk up abit they could form a lethal halves partnership

Well I'd just like to thank Wayne for "easing" Taylor into first grade for us. Great confidence builder.

i was at work and missed Ash's debut.

how did he look?

Immortal

He looked quite composed and confident especially with his kicking. His defense was also quite solid, in attack he did not have to do much but pass to Milford. Encouraging for me, even though he was injured

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post

how did he look?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post

how did he look?
    Pretty good a few nice kicks before he copped a compound fracture & dislocation to a finger on his right hand, the Donkeys will miss him for the 20's finals
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Well I'd just like to thank Wayne for "easing" Taylor into first grade for us. Great confidence builder.

I thought his first kick was a nervous shank that only just landed in. His next one, a precision bomb that came down right in the zone where fullback can't put his foot into the in goal comfortably when catching, and his third a little grubber that deflected back off the opposition, which the broncos were lucky to recover for a repeat set. I cant remmember him kicking again after the grubber? I liked the way he bossed Hodges out of dummy half, how he got his body into tackles and how he ran the ball to the line though.

He had a nervous game before the injury, but definitely showed flashes. No doubt his kicking game is going to be A+. Needs to put some weight on for sure.

I think he'll spend some time behind Tyronne when he gets here, but it shouldn't take long for his class to become unavoidable.... although we do seem to be good at avoiding the unavoidable round these parts.
    Last edited by K2G; 04-09-15 at 07:58 AM.

I think the theme is his kicking game. His bombs just seemed to float in the air for ages. What a shame he left the field with a bad injury.

At least Bris****wits got beat..
    he looked ok from his short time on the field
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

For the 10 seconds I saw him, I did like how he was committing to tackles. But also agree he will need to bulk up a bit and work on his fitness, he seemed to be a bit out of sync with the D line catching his breathe, but that is expected with the pace of the NRL compared to U20s.

But he does fit the mould to compliment Elgey, where he seems to rely heavily on his kicking game to control the game, and Elgey playing like Alfie always chasing the ball and backing up players through gaps. It does suck he got injured, but the way I think of it is thank god it was his first game with the Broncos at the end of the season compared to the first game with the Titans at the start of the season. Hope his recovery goes smoothly and can still get in a good pre-season.

Congratulations Ash Taylor, named at halfback in the NYC team of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Congratulations Ash Taylor, named at halfback in the NYC team of the year
    well deserved, imagine if he gets NYC poty then we have two consecutive poty in our halves

True enough but it takes years for some to develop and some don't, cases in point, Sezer and Beau Henry. It's a pity we missed out on Parcell.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    True enough but it takes years for some to develop and some don't, cases in point, Sezer and Beau Henry. It's a pity we missed out on Parcell.
    We didnt
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Elgey named as 5/8th for PM's team. its a pretty cool team this year, better players than usual and an honour for him to get selected after 1 year of first grade.

it will be a great learning opportunity for him