Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I know we'll know the actual team within the hour but I just don't get what's wrong with a team that looks like this:

Hoffman, Mead, Roberts, Macdonald, Don, Sezer, Elgey, Douglas, Falloon, Myles, James, Taylor, Bird, Paasi, Pettybourne, Peteru, Redman.

Yeah, sure, there are players and positions to be debated but that squad should be able to at least compete, if not win. The fact that they aren't is really bad and I can't accept that one or two changes means consistently losing by 30 points, no matter who they are.
    Last edited by Titanic; 21-07-15 at 06:20 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Titans
    1 Josh Hoffman
    2 David Mead
    3 James Roberts
    4 Nene Macdonald
    5 Kevin Gordon
    6 Aidan Sezer
    7 Kane Elgey
    8 Luke Douglas
    9 Beau Falloon
    10 Nate Myles (c)
    11 Ryan James
    12 Lachlan Burr
    13 Greg Bird

Interchange
    14 Agnatius Paasi
    15 Eddy Pettybourne
    16 Matthew White
    17 Daniel Mortimer
    18 David Hala

How does White keep getting selected? Don had one bad game so he's dropped? If that's the case Myles should've been gone weeks ago. I like the King is punishing bad performances but i don't like this weeks team.
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

Quote Originally Posted by IpswichTitans View Post
    How does White keep getting selected? Don had one bad game so he's dropped? If that's the case Myles should've been gone weeks ago. I like the King is punishing bad performances but i don't like this weeks team.
    How the hell does Mortimer get in? White? Gordon? Henry is showing his true colours now, next it will be Zillman.

Worst team I've seen this year. How the hell does Don, Peteru, Redman deserve to be dropped but Mortimer retains his spot and Gordon, White and Myles come into the team. I have supported Henry 110% and he has definitely improved our club but the choices he is making lately are mind boggling. Hopefully White picks up a injury and Hala comes in so we can finally see him given a shot. With this team selected I am not confident of beating a full strength Brisbane side minus Reed.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

That's total BS that Morts is selected.

The amount of pressure the Titans are under when he leads is ridiculous
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm sure I read somewhere today don was injured?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know how HALA has been going?
    Knick knack patty whack give a DOG a bone
    DCE f.........k off home

Quote Originally Posted by Davis13 View Post
    Reportedly not doing much.

QLD Cup

I can't understand the dropping of Don. I imagine Mortimer keeps his place ( heaven forbid ) as back up for Sezer. He is not as bad at hooker. Either way we are in for a shellacking ....................or a miracle.

Wooden spoon here we come.

Another 50+ on us here we come
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Well that is a shame. Taylor dropped as well. The only bloke that has made a line break in two games and Peteru, the only guy to back up a line break in two games. I could understand it a bit more if Myles was dropped and we were going to see how bad we truly are for next year but this has me stumped.

Even if Mortimer is there as a possible back up for Sezer haven't we learnt that he isn't an option either way. Now as it is, we have no back up for a shift to the centres from anyone to allow a backline reshuffle if Hoffman was to come into the half's. We know what White has to offer, so why keep bringing him back. Kevin Gordon gets another lifeline for 1st grade which will allow him to feel a little more secure instead of the club making a statement by saying "Please look elsewhere and give us back our cap".

Just out of interest, what did Don do that was so bad (if he's not injured) compared to Hoffman, Myles, MacDonald, Roberts?

If this is truly a team that's been named on performance then I'm watching different games. Looks like the rot has made it's way through the club and to Henry now too.

Let's hope Sezer can find the keys to the Ferrari in the centres that Mortimer couldn't find for the last couple of weeks. Hoffman is very average at fullback - Mead needs to be persevered with, throw Hoffman on the wing and just tell him to run hard. Taylor did miss 7 tackles against the Knights so he should've faced the axe. Our spine is back in tact minus Moseley who was great at getting us on the front foot, we have no excuse for being blown out except that the Broncos will just be too good. Would love to see Hala get a crack before White. Passi and Pettybourne have been rock solid and I hope Burr fires on an edge - he looks to have plenty of potential. I'll cop it from all sides this week, but I'm sticking firm - let's hope the lads can fire up against the competition leaders and find something for us fans to grasp on to.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

IMO Taylor misses the tackles cause he has no fitness and is left out there too long. Blind freddy can see that and it's exploited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davis13 View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere today don was injured?

- - - Updated - - -

According to the "team talk" all changes are form based. So Don was dropped. According to the same video Hala has been playing well in a team that hasn't been playing well. Mortimer retains his spot cause he's done well in the utility role. WTF?

Why did we leave Don on the right on the weekend? I won't question Mortimer's effort - he's just not a halfback. He's a bench dummy-half and decent at that particular job. Taylor missed 4 tackles and made 18 in 43 minutes ran 8 times for 100 metres. Hoffman ran 17 times and broke 7 tackles - for just 94 metres. How can a fullback possible run 17 times and only make 94 metres?

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    IMO Taylor misses the tackles cause he has no fitness and is left out there too long. Blind freddy can see that and it's exploited.

- - - Updated - - -

According to the "team talk" all changes are form based. So Don was dropped. According to the same video Hala has been playing well in a team that hasn't been playing well. Mortimer retains his spot cause he's done well in the utility role. WTF?
    I agree with you re Taylor. He has just been bludging and of course he'll make a line break or two a game as you would expect with his size, but it's what he isn't doing. The change in him from last year is stark. Don has been poor the last two weeks but I was surprised he was dropped before a few others. Redman and Peteru have done very little but who has. Burr does nothing for me and same goes for White, but he had to get 13 from somewhere.
    I just hope with Sezer and LG back together that we rediscover the attack that was going pretty well until they got injured but a hiding is on the cards.