Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    Tweed have not won in a month, and Burleigh are letting in about 50 points on average the past 3 weeks.

I am expecting a lot more spirited performance. I reckon King would be whipping them this week after two weeks of poor performances. Elgey & Bird should be better for the run too.
    I love your enthusiasm, but if Henry hasn't been able to motivate them for the past two matches, how is the Broncos game going to be any different? If this is a rebuilding year, we might as well be trying out a bunch of juniors and under 20s to see if there's anyone who can replace some of our dead wood (senior players). That would at least give me something to look forward to at our home games.

I agree with aspects of both of your comments. But like Yankee Doodle said we may as well try some unknowns, we are not winning a premiership this year, highly unlikely to make the top 8, probably favourite for the wooden spoon now. David Taylor and Nate Myles are leaving next year, we may as start blooding 2 new forwards there. Daniel Mortimer has been the worse player I have seen in the comp in the last few rounds he can pack his bags, I would say he could stay at hooker but I prefer Chad Redman and Kieran Moseley as long term options, and who knows maybe Matt Parcell, which gives one more junior another go. Kevin Gordon can pack his bags as well, would much rather a no name as he could only do better than KG.

The only person I would keep on the field even though he is leaving next year is Aidan Sezer as I think Elgey could learn from him and he gives James Roberts early ball, and got screwed over by the club. Blood the youngens let them cop some thrashings at NRL level so they get the experience and can hopefully deliver us a premiership in 3-4yrs. Agree we need a halves coach (Matt Rogers I would love but hes on dancing with the stars), wouldn't also mind Preston Campbell showing some of our back what "heart" is, seen that bloke play with a dislocated jaw for a whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I agree with aspects of both of your comments. But like Yankee Doodle said we may as well try some unknowns, we are not winning a premiership this year, highly unlikely to make the top 8, probably favourite for the wooden spoon now. David Taylor and Nate Myles are leaving next year, we may as start blooding 2 new forwards there. Daniel Mortimer has been the worse player I have seen in the comp in the last few rounds he can pack his bags, I would say he could stay at hooker but I prefer Chad Redman and Kieran Moseley as long term options, and who knows maybe Matt Parcell, which gives one more junior another go. Kevin Gordon can pack his bags as well, would much rather a no name as he could only do better than KG.

The only person I would keep on the field even though he is leaving next year is Aidan Sezer as I think Elgey could learn from him and he gives James Roberts early ball, and got screwed over by the club. Blood the youngens let them cop some thrashings at NRL level so they get the experience and can hopefully deliver us a premiership in 3-4yrs. Agree we need a halves coach (Matt Rogers I would love but hes on dancing with the stars), wouldn't also mind Preston Campbell showing some of our back what "heart" is, seen that bloke play with a dislocated jaw for a whole game.
    This idea of blooding youngsters makes me chuck. It is worth noting that the NYC are already copping thrashings so why bring some of them up to NRL and destroy their confidence completely. Anyone being thrown to the wolves should be generally via QCup. The article about clubs and the number of players that have graduated from NYC to NRL made interesting reading and it was very sorry reflection on the club that we were 4th last, but that's for another thread.
    I might be missing your point about Sezer being screwed by the club. However we let him go when it appeared DCE was coming and Sezer was getting $600k from the Raiders. The club had no choice and would have been silly, at that time, to try and match the Raiders offer.
    As for Matt Parcell I watched him closely yesterday based on the comments that have been put on here and he looks extremely promising. Went great yesterday.

I believe that Matt Parcell will develop into a halfback. We are in big trouble when people like Kimmorley actually print stuff like this, even though it is so right:

One thing I know is that Daniel Mortimer needs to be dropped against the Broncos. He’s a great interchange player and a back-up hooker but he made some really poor decisions for the Titans and shouldn’t be there next week.
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nodd...1471033826edb2

and this ... they forgot to add the second half against the Warriots capitulation ... how many points leaked in the last 2.5 games? Dreadful

Softc0ck (sic) Titans vow to face hard truth (lololol)

Embarrassed Titans players have vowed to make amends for two inept performances in less than a week and have pleaded with fans to give them one more chance against the Broncos on Friday night.

Having conceded a combined 68 points, missed 79 tackles and made 28 errors in successive losses to two teams well outside the top eight, Gold Coast are staring down a second wooden spoon – having been in the top eight little more than a month ago.

Five-eighth Aidan Sezer is a chance to return from a hamstring injury but even his steadying hand and past heroics against Brisbane cannot make up for the lack of discipline and intensity on display against the Sea Eagles and Knights.

Fans of most teams can cop a loss when there is evidence of energy and effort but those qualities have been in short supply since the Titans came back from the bye to suffer their worst ever home defeat in Round 18 and then be kept try-less in Newcastle.

And with an assignment against the competition leaders with the greatest home-ground support in the NRL now just days away, Titans players have been forced to have some frank and open discussions about where it has gone so horribly wrong.

"After the game (the 30-2 loss to Newcastle on Saturday) we had a massive talk," said centre Nene Macdonald.

"Everyone's got to come out and tell what they expect from each other and if they're not fulfilling that then we need to make some changes or do something about it.

"It's more just the individual effort at the moment. Everyone's got to step up their game. It's been tough with a few injuries but we can't use that as an excuse anymore."

With 159 metres and 38 tackles against the Knights, prop forward Luke Douglas was one of very few Titans who could hold their heads up after Saturday and said honesty was integral if they hoped to turn things around.

"You've got to be honest. We've got to have the mentality of constructive criticism," said Douglas, one of only three Titans to have appeared in every game this season.

"We can tell each other what we did wrong and what we need to work on. We've got to take responsibility as individuals and make up for poor performances.

"We're all trying, just a few mistakes in defence and making wrong decisions and stuff. For [the fans], don't lose hope, we'll be giving our all. We haven't given up.

"We're going to be working hard all this week and then again on Friday night."

The Broncos were pushed late by the Titans before winning the previous encounter between the teams 26-16 in Round 5 and although current form would suggest a bloodbath on Friday night, Macdonald says Titans fans who make the trip north to cheer them on won't be disappointed.

"Stick by us at the moment and hopefully it all turns around," said the former Rooster who played in front of more than 35,000 fans at Suncorp Stadium in Round 6.

"We've got a good team, it's just a couple of bad losses. It's not anything major, we can always fix it and hopefully turn it around.

"It will be a real good game to come and watch if any of the fans want to come and support us; Friday night against the Broncos it will be an exciting match."
    http://www.nrl.com/titans-vow-to-fac...0/default.aspx

One thing for sure there won't be 35,000 paying to watch our rabble.
    Last edited by Titanic; 20-07-15 at 06:02 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Agree about parcell could become a very talented half with size speed and ball skills

FUN FACT: the next Titans debutant named, will be our 100th player to play an NRL match for the Titans

Macdonald says Titans fans who make the trip north to cheer them on won't be disappointed.

"Stick by us at the moment and hopefully it all turns around," said the former Rooster who played in front of more than 35,000 fans at Suncorp Stadium in Round 6."

Oh come on. How many times has that been said by one of our players over the past 4 years.

Geezus, that's concerning when they're getting a bloke that has played 2 or 3 games for us 'n he's doing the talking these days. Nothing untowards Nene, but I guess they got to give him a crack because it'd be a challenge to get our senior players to convince us (fans) that anything has changed.

It reminds me of when I do a new induction at work and the new guy asks me (the guy who's been there for 20 years) what it's like? The guy whose spirit is broken shouldn't be the one who's out front answering those questions. So you get the new guy, who's just happy to be drawing a wage.

There is no team culture at this club and it's obvious. It's looks like a bunch of long term employees shuffling through week to week.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Geezus, that's concerning when they're getting a bloke that has played 2 or 3 games for us 'n he's doing the talking these days. Nothing untowards Nene, but I guess they got to give him a crack because it'd be a challenge to get our senior players to convince us (fans) that anything has changed.
    It's a change from Nate Myles saying the older players need to stand up (he is quoted again today as saying that) yet he has been one of the worst offenders in making mistakes, playing poorly etc.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I am one who wanted Sezer moved on for LG to pair with DCE, wouldnt change my stance if the same situation came up again.
    Yeah, I'm completely cool with that. I just get annoyed by the savior complex that people are developing with some of our very, very average players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    It's a change from Nate Myles saying the older players need to stand up (he is quoted again today as saying that) yet he has been one of the worst offenders in making mistakes, playing poorly etc.
    Hahaha!! I find that funny because you'll have more of his rubbish next season...

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Hahaha!! I find that funny because you'll have more of his rubbish next season...
    If I heard right the other day, even Carty is heading that way next year. Thank **** he'll have nothing to do with any Qld team very soon.

Our board has gone very quiet since the Aquis signing ... I must admit that being a couple of hours (and a few light years) behind you blokes I half expect to open the Forum and find that someone has fallen on their sword.

[maybe wrong thread, Mods please move to Signings, rumours, etc]
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

had a whacky dream last night...94 - 0 to the Broncos @ 46min in LOL

Getting back to the game this week...

When we played the Roosters it was 100% clear that they did not give a toss about us as an opponent. They turned up, did enough to win without covering the spread, and went home to get tattoos or smash boom gates or stalk women or whatever it is they do in their spare time.

I don't see the Broncos doing that. They took their foot off the gas for twenty minutes and conceded 16 points to a Tigers team that has points in them. I expect that Wayne let them know what he thought of that lapse. They'll be keen to put us to the sword and even if they do fall into a lull, we don't have the attack these days to make them pay for it.

We should get crushed.