Default Fittler says what Henry won't

I don't often like quoting NSWails has-beens like Freddy but he's spot on twice in one day:

Gold Coast missed an opportunity to create a long-lasting rivalry with Manly after a dispirited performance on Monday night.
    Rugby league great Brad Fittler was scathing in his assessment of Gold Coast's performance in the 38-6 loss to Manly on Monday night, accusing them of lacking heart.
    "They showed a real lack of heart," Fittler told SportsFan. "It was hugely disappointing from the Titans and I'm sure the coach would be scratching his head wondering what he needs to get a surge out of this team.
    "The atmosphere had to come from the Titans players and you could see from the start they (the crowd) were willing to boo Daly (Cherry-Evans) on any occasion, which would have been great, but that was the only entertaining thing apart from the fact that Manly scored some brilliant tries.
    "A really good way to show the integrity they have at their club is by making it hell for Daly Cherry-Evans, but they didn't. They made it quite comfortable and it was quite sad to watch the spirit in which they played."
    and this
    The return of Wayne Bennett has seen a significant improvement of the Broncos because he simplifies the game, says Brad Fittler.
    “If you look at the Brisbane team, they don’t have any of the super stars of today ... They don’t have the super stars that we see as our pin-up boys for rugby league,” Fittler said.
    “They all think about the team (and) they all work really hard.”
    Fittler says it’s hard to single out a best player after a Broncos game.
    “You walk away from a Broncos game most weeks and if you’re giving the Dally Ms (votes) you struggle, because (it’s spread) across the board,” Fittler said.
    “The halves still haven’t nailed the short-kicking game yet, and that’s crucial going into finals.
    “When they do that it could be scary what they can do to some of these better teams – just with pressure.”
    While Brisbane has lost just three of 19 games and sits on top of the NRL ladder, but Fittler says the second and third-placed Cowboys and Roosters are the premiership favourites.
    both from http://www.sportsfan.com.au/

My points being that (1) we were bloody disgraceful and a rabble on Monday night with darker connotations for the future, (2) we don't need superstar half's to be successful, just a team that plays for each other.
    Last edited by Titanic; 15-07-15 at 02:23 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I don't often like quoting NSWails has-beens like Freddy but he's spot on twice in one day:

and this
    both from http://www.sportsfan.com.au/

My points being that (1) we were bloody disgraceful and a rabble on Monday night with darker connotations for the future, (2) we don't need superstar half's to be successful, just a team that plays for each other.
    Thumbs up but we do need decent halves to be successful
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Excellent quotes on both topics. A real missed opportunity and dead right about Bennett's Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic
    (2) we don't need superstar half's to be successful, just a team that plays for each other.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Thumbs up but we do need decent halves to be successful
    Yes mate, of course I agree. By decent, I think we both mean two players who know how to play their positions.

I'll go further to add that a re-building year means having players who are learning to play together not a rabble being lead by some traitorous dog who obviously has no ethics at all.

Any little respect I had left for the plodding, 3-games-a-year, 'poopy draws' was left on the field last Monday.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.