Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    omg that's perfect, incorporates the seagulls and the Chargers.

image uploading

Another version!

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    That jersey last night was ok, but it is not a " heritage" strip. Other than last season, that design has had no place in Gold Coast national rl teams.

I'd really like titans to do a Giants jersey with the silver, black and white, Tweed seagulls have used these colours in their away jersey this season, and it looks deadly!
    We first used that style in 2009, when its was the seagulls style with titans colours. I sort of appreciated the mix of old and new.

I quite like it, but if people can think of a better one I'm ok with that

I would happily buy both those jerseys above.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Young playmaker Kane Elgey fuming at his own display for Gold Coast Titans

TODD BALYM THE COURIER-MAIL JULY 20, 2015 12:00AM

KANE Elgey might be the future of the Gold Coast but the rookie halfback blasted himself as not performing at a first grade standard and put the onus upon his own shoulders to lead the Titans out of their mid-season funk.

If there were any positives to come out of the Titans abysmal 30-2 loss to Newcastle on Saturday night it was the attitude of Elgey.

At 21 and playing his first NRL game in seven weeks, just the 10th game of his career too, you could excuse the young halfback for not injecting himself heavily into a contest that was dominated by the opposition. But Elgey was looking for no cop outs, the way he saw it he failed his team and was filthy that he let them down.

“(Coming back from injury) is no excuse. It’s just me. I have to be better if I want to play first grade. I wasn’t good enough and I’m going to work on it,” Elgey said.

“It was tough, the conditions were pretty hard I guess but I wasn’t good enough coming back. I wasn’t dominant enough. I will have to go back to training and work on that.

“It was hard we just weren’t in the game, it’s the same as the last few weeks we just haven’t been good enough.”

Given the absence of quality halves at the Gold Coast, it is highly doubtful Elgey will get dropped any time soon.

But if attitude counts for anything, and it usually does, Elgey has the determination to make a career of this football career because he was genuinely upset at how badly he’d played in his comeback game.

On a tough night played mostly out of their own end, Elgey finished with just two runs for 1m, two tackle busts, one error and four kicks for only 102m as Daniel Mortimer played the more dominant role.

It was not his finest outing but he was hardly alone on a night that even some of the Gold Coast’s most experienced players offered little resistance to Newcastle.

“I’ve got heaps to work on as a young half, it’s a hard position. My kicking game was probably terrible tonight,” Elgey said.

“I’m always trying to work on my defence and I just have to keep going.”

The focus now for Elgey is to prepare for Friday’s clash with Brisbane. He faced the derby rivals in just the second game of his NRL career but this will be a new experience taking on the ladder leaders in front of a large Suncorp Stadium crowd.

“We just have to focus on ourselves, we just have to work on our own game,” he said.

“We won’t worry about Brisbane, we just have to worry about ourselves because I think that is the main thing at the moment.

“I’m pretty excited (to play at Suncorp Stadium) to tell you the truth. I played a 20s game there but it won’t be like first grade.

“That will be a good experience but we just have to get our football back to how it was before.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227448059058

^^
    A pretty good summary of his game and refreshing in it's honesty but he had plenty of mates that should be examining their own performance far more than he is. It was his first game for a while and in poor conditions and it was the experienced blokes that should have led the way.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 19-07-15 at 09:33 PM.

Good on LG for admitting he didn't have the best game but as MT said, there are 16 other guys who are in the same boat. He is only young and will learn as his career progresses. Big test on Friday night vs the Broncs but he will at least have Sezer by his side this time and not Mortimer. Just hope he demands the ball a little more and has confidence with it. Again, this will develop with age.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Elgey got dominated/over ruled by Morts.

So disappointing
    Last edited by teke; 20-07-15 at 01:56 AM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Didn't help we kept passing the ball to the right. Even after the half time break when the game plan should quite clearly have been keep the ball away from Morts.

Junior

If it's a heritage strip shouldn't it be the inaugural 2007 strip??

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    If it's a heritage strip shouldn't it be the inaugural 2007 strip??
    And it should be sponsored by Harley-Davidson.

Very nice of Elgey to fess-up but pretty hard in those conditions behind a pack that was well and truly owned by the Knights.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    And it should be sponsored by Harley-Davidson.

Very nice of Elgey to fess-up but pretty hard in those conditions behind a pack that was well and truly owned by the Knights.
    yeah of all people he could be forgiven, 10th game in first grade and back from his first real injury... and he takes it on his own shoulders. good kid. sounded genuine.

the hallway bandit and glassy mcglasser should be protecting this little fella, not letting him down and making him feel the pressure and like a failure.

another thing.. i actually think Sezer is a fair leader. you can tell he barks at the guys and keeps his head more then our celebrated leaders. we have missed him.

i have never been particularly sold on him...but he unfortunately waited till he signed elsewhere to show what he has.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    the hallway bandit and glassy mcglasser should be protecting this little fella, not letting him down and making him feel the pressure and like a failure.
    Both played the other side and got the ball whenever they wanted it and therein lies our problem

another thing.. i actually think Sezer is a fair leader. you can tell he barks at the guys and keeps his head more then our celebrated leaders. we have missed him.

i have never been particularly sold on him...but he unfortunately waited till he signed elsewhere to show what he has.
    I completely agree ... he did nothing for me until this year and that seems to have coincided with him not worrying about who he had to impress which puts this comment in the same category as my comment above ... therein lies our problem.

To put it plainly ... the team is intimidated and lead by two friggin' dinosaurs which our management seem unable or unwilling to control.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Elgey got dominated/over ruled by Morts.

So disappointing
    exactly, not forgetting it was his first game back in weeks as well. Problem is if we go left to Elgey all the time then all that does is mount a heap of pressure on the kid. We need a half who can help share the load and that sure as hell can't be Mortimer.