Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default ROUND 19: KNIGHTS vs TITANS

Aquis Gold Coast Titans’ Australian forward Greg Bird returns from his eight-match suspension handed down after the Anzac Test to take on his hometown NRL team, Newcastle Knights, at Hunter Stadium on Saturday (5.30pm), giving the Titans a much needed boost in the pack.

Bird is in great shape and has been training hard for his comeback game, and slots in at lock to a revamped pack.

Dave Taylor has been elevated from the bench to the starting line-up in the second row and Beau Falloon, after returning from a dislocated wrist off the interchange bench against Manly last night, will wear the No. 9 jersey with Chad Redman dropping to the bench.

Lachlan Burr is the player to drop out of last night’s 17 and will play for Burleigh Bears, while Agnatius Paasi and Eddy Pettybourne drop to the bench. Kane Elgey has not been selected but his ankle injury will be monitored during the week

1 – David Mead

2 – Anthony Don

3 – James Roberts

4 – Nene Macdonald

5 – Kevin Gordon

6 – Josh Hoffman

7 – Daniel Mortimer

8 – Luke Douglas

9 – Beau Falloon

10 – Nate Myles (capt)

11 - Ryan James

12 – Dave Taylor

13 – Greg Bird

Interchange

14 – Agnatius Paasi

15 – Eddy Pettybourne

16 – Nathaniel Peteru

17 – Chad Redman

18 – Ben Ridge

So are we to assume if LG is fit, Hoffman goes to fullback, Mead to the wing and KG to the Bears? Can someone please tell me if Fogarty is fit?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    So are we to assume if LG is fit, Hoffman goes to fullback, Mead to the wing and KG to the Bears? Can someone please tell me if Fogarty is fit?
    Fogarty is not fit

So are we to assume if LG is fit, Hoffman goes to fullback, Mead to the wing and KG to the Bears?
    Or if LG is fit, Mortimer to the bench and Redman drops off ... just saying.

Anyone ever considered that the answer for Dave Taylor is to play him on the wing like Vatuvei?
    Last edited by Titanic; 14-07-15 at 04:35 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Not a bad looking side if LG comes in. Excited to see Bird back as I think we have missed his aggression and hard work in defence but just needs to not turn that into penalties. Also I think it was a good call to swap Paasi back to the bench with Taylor (who had a solid game last night) starting. Burr going to QCUP for a bit might be useful because, as much as I think he'll be a future forward for us, he does make a few silly errors and missed tackles.

This game is a must win in my opinion. We are close to full strength and playing Newcastle.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I agree, there's no way we can lose this game imo, although I think Morts will have something to say about it. Good side, I think in the past few games has made us realise how important Birdy is to this team and his inclusion could be a difference.

No Halves no win IMO, remember last night we were lost on the field.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    You better change that to half's before you get schooled.

So are we to assume if LG is fit, Hoffman goes to fullback, Mead to the wing and KG to the Bears?
    Like the sound of that. I just want to give Hoffman a set stint at fullback for a while the Total Package is out and see how he goes in a settled position.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    I like the look of the forwards but we will struggle with those Halves/halfs/have nots.

Default Round 19: KNIGHTS vs TITANS

KNIGHTS vs TITANS
    Sat 18 Jul 2015 Hunter Stadium
    #NRLKnightsTitans
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Licking their wounds from a record home loss, Gold Coast at least appear to have one less injury to worry about after picking captain Nate Myles for Saturday's NRL clash with lowly Newcastle.

And fellow Test forward Greg Bird has been rushed back from suspension after their "poorest performance of the year", according to coach Neil Henry.

Myles had been set to undergo X-rays after suffering suspected hyperextended fingers in the second half of an injury-hit Gold Coast's 38-6 Monday night loss to Manly.

However, Titans officials on Tuesday said they had been encouraged by Myles' recovery and included their captain alongside Bird in the team for the must-win clash.

The cavalry are finally returning for the Titans who had been missing nine regulars in the seven-tries-to-one rout by the Sea Eagles.

Apart from Bird, hooker Beau Falloon (wrist) returned against Manly and halfback Kane Elgey (ankle) would be monitored ahead of the Knights clash despite not being named on Tuesday.

Officials were breathing easy over Myles but appeared most encouraged by Bird's return from an eight-game lifting tackle ban.

"Birdy will be back next week and he'll be a welcome addition," Henry said.

"He has a bit of experience out there so we will throw him in the team."

Titans forward Ryan James said Bird's presence would be vital if the 14th-placed Gold Coast were to remain in the finals mix.

"Just his experience and what he brings to the team with his presence on the field as well," James said.

"Players don't really want to play against him ...so he's one of the players you want to play with."

Henry needed some good news after their third straight loss and, seemingly, their most devastating of the season.

"That's our poorest performance of the year," he said.

"We weren't in it after 15 minutes. The attitude wasn't there to get into a contest and we were thoroughly outplayed.

"We had a lot to play for - both sides did, given the situation with the ladder - and we've just made it a little bit harder for ourselves now.

"And on a short turnaround against Newcastle, who are an equally desperate side, it's going to be a good test of our character how we respond to that."

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I hope Nene tidies his D up or Gagai may just bathe him

Junior

[This isn't exactly the right thread for this, but it's the closest there is so...] Just for fun, I played around with the ladder predictor on NRL.com and figured out that we could finish as high as 4th on the ladder if all teams play at or around their current level (as represented by their position on the ladder). But...uh...err...it also assumes we win every single game from here on out. BUT, it also means there are scenarios where we lose some games but still manage to sneak into the top eight (and we'll have Elgey back at least after the Knights game). Anyhow, it's all a long shot, but it ain't impossible. Having said all this, if we can't beat the Knights, then I think its safe to write off our chances

You better change that to half's before you get schooled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I like the look of the forwards but we will struggle with those Halves/halfs/have nots.
    Got all you lot at 6's and 7's
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Best looking bench I have seen in years