Default Question RE: Stadium Seating

Hi all.

I'm heading down for the game in Round 25, and it will be my first day game at Robina.

Just wondering how bad the sun is on the eastern side? Does it impact on visibility?

Yeah mate ... stay out of rows DC & E.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Hi all.

I'm heading down for the game in Round 25, and it will be my first day game at Robina.

Just wondering how bad the sun is on the eastern side? Does it impact on visibility?
    That game starts at 4pm so the sun will be pretty low at the start of that game and straight in your eyes. The reason I picked western side was to avoid the sun in your face for day games. If you sit further back at least you are looking down to the field a bit more and the sun will not be as annoying. Frankly I would always take the west side for day games if you have a choice but the kids don't go free on that side. Mind you I just checked Ticketek and they are doing kids free (a mistake perhaps?) for Gold on the western side but you would be in Bay 1 which is on the dead ball line.

I sit on the Eastern side and hate early season day games as I fry. But, this time of year is OK*. You get what warmth is left up until half (halve....Titanic....which one?) time. Depending which row you are in of course. I sit in row 16 so the sun creeps behind the stadium about 10 minutes into the second half. The higher you go the longer you have the sun. But as I have said, I actually appreciate it at this time of year.

*Wear a cap and sunnies. Wear a Jacket for warmth but you will probably sit on it for the 1st half.

The other thing worth pointing out is that if you do find the sun too annoying on game day grab an attendant and they'll more than likely move you to make you comfortable. But the sun tracks through the north so at this time of year it barely peaks over the corner of the north stand. Later in the year you might find it up higher but sunnies and hat are all you need. It's the Feb/March games that are the killer.