Touch Football Australia elects first female Chair
http://www.nrl.com

After over seven years as the Chair of Touch Football Australia (TFA), Mike Rush recently indicated to his fellow Board Members that he has decided to step down as Chair due to family and work commitments.

The Board has elected Anita Hagarty as the Chair with a view to working through its next strategic cycle.

Hagarty has the full support of the TFA Board and will be looking to engage with all stakeholders in the near future.

Rush has overseen a period of renewal and indeed success for the sport and will look to focus on providing ongoing strategic advice to the Board as a continuing Director in the casual vacancy created through Anita moving into the Chair role.

Rush said that he looks forward to working with the Board to support Hagarty in her new role.

"The sport continues to operate in a challenging environment. I remain very proud of the team at TFA and what it achieves and would like to thank the members and stakeholders for their support of the organisation in recent years and their support for the Board and me as Chair. I look forward to working with the rest of the Board to support Anita in her new role," Rush said.

Hagarty becomes the first female Chair of the organisation and said that she is humbled and proud to take on the role.

"I am looking forward to building on the fantastic work of the Board as well as building strong relationships with all of our partners, members and fellow Board members in order to progress the sport forward," Hagarty said.

TFA Chief Executive Officer, Colm Maguire thanked Rush for his contribution as Chair and welcomed Hagarty in her new role.

"The Board and the sport are extremely grateful of the contribution of Mike Rush as Chair and are grateful to have his continuing support as a Director on the Board," Maguire said.

"We all look forward to working with and supporting Anita in the role of Chair. Anita is not only a dedicated member of the Board but is truly invested in seeing the sport achieve great things through collaboration and unity. We look forward to building upon and consolidating the strong relationships we enjoy with our members to ensure the future success of the sport."