Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/e...#ixzz3foLGHndO

Whilst the NRL is paying the bills..........
    Broncos finally get rid of him and look at them now.

Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I can't adequately put into words how angry and frustrated I am by last night's inept performance. I was quite happy to sit back and watch this season unfold as a re-building year but to see the lack of commitment and professionalism from our coach and captain towards the fans that pay their very inflated wages just cheeses me off.

Even worse, in the eyes of the league world DCE made the right decision. Who would want to join our rabble even for a million a season?
    Putting frustration of our team getting smashed at home aside, calling your team a rabble is a bit tough. Compared to this year, I've seen a hell of a lot worse seasons in the early 90s.

We all knew this season was a re-building year.

What has happened to Ryan James' form?

Having no creative halves is really killing us atm. Mortimer tries his hardest, but combined with Hoffman, who went missing last night - Mortimer tried too hard and in the end looked really bad.

Hopefully LG is back this weekend. Put Bird at 5/8 and hopefully the players are ripped a new one during the week at training.

First time I've criticised the bloke but Paasi isn't a second rower. He is lacking the fitness and positional knowledge. Mead was atrocious in defence so the debate for him to stay fullback is alive and well in my books. .
    You're going to have to give examples because im totally dumbfounded you could fault Meads defence in last nights game. Clueless
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    You're going to have to give examples because im totally dumbfounded you could fault Meads defence in last nights game. Clueless
    Imo, Mead was good. Passi I felt had his best game for us, and if we had more players like Luke Douglas on the park, we'd be winning games. The fella is having a standout season imo.

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    Imo, Mead was good. Passi I felt had his best game for us, and if we had more players like Luke Douglas on the park, we'd be winning games. The fella is having a standout season imo.
    Douglas is easily the titans best player this yr.

Recruitment should have targeted his brother to come join him
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Agree on Douglas, has never bent the line as much as he has over the last month.
    I think our pack is Ok, we just need that hard hitting, wide running second rower.

We lost a lot of fringe fans last night. I fielded so many text messages from mates who have just wiped their hands. We were never going to win that game cause we had no halves but we could have at least tried to harden up in defence. I have never seen a worse performance from a team in my life. For the last 15 mins of that game (after 7000 people had already left) all I could do was sit there with my mate and laugh at how bad Mortimer is.

Hooray for booing DCE all night (it did feel good) but today's headlines are all DCE silences critics so he gets the last laugh and the justification for backflipping on such a poor excuse of a team. We didn't even run at him at all. To save some dignity last night we could have at least made him look foolish in defence. Even the last hit up that Ryan James took he had every opportunity to run the ball directly at DCE and considering it was right in front of me and I was screaming "run at him" it was disappointing that he veered off and hit Lyon instead.

First time I've criticised the bloke but Paasi isn't a second rower. He is lacking the fitness and positional knowledge. Mead was atrocious in defence so the debate for him to stay fullback is alive and well in my books. But we were atrocious in defence out wide on both sides of the field. Myles contract was obviously a three and a half year contract and he deserves the same boo's that DCE was getting from here on out. It's sad when you're only comeback for a Manly crowd is last laugh is on them for signing that waste of a soul for three years.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't think our forward pack is the issue, we have some good units in there but it feels like we never properly utilise them. If you look at our starting pack and our bench we have go forward in there, but we rely too much on our backs bringing the ball out from our own 50m which doesn't get us anywere. In saying that Dave Taylor had a good attacking game last night, but left heaps of gaping holes in defence he doesn't react fast enough. I also think our players look really lazy in tackles and tend to lean on them to milk time which always gives away penalties. Agreed we need another hard running backrower, and need our halves in ASAP, I can also see Chad Redman being our long term hooker he brings a lot of energy out of dummy half.

I remember seeing rumours a while back that Dale Copley was considering coming here, any more news on that front because we need him?

Still think we should poach Corey Norman, would slot in nicely and actually have a few playing years ahead of him (could be a leader), even though he is contracted next year. With Ash Taylor as a backup because lets face it, one of our halves will always be injured at some stages during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    Putting frustration of our team getting smashed at home aside, calling your team a rabble is a bit tough.
    The team leadership has descended into an area that is just completely unacceptable. The last few games have been progressively woeful, culminating in our two leaders publically embarrassing themselves = a rabble, in my opinion.

The other lads, try as they may, are supposed to look to them as examples, as would any potential recruits. We are not the only club without creative halfs but we are the most ill-disciplined which more than a lack of creativity is what's punishing us.
    Last edited by Titanic; 14-07-15 at 04:08 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Dumbfounded says it all for you champ. His first hit up in an exit set was a dropped ball. He's never anywhere near a 5th tackle option. He had no voice at the back directing traffic or organising. His line defence saw him getting involved in tackles that were already completed and leaving him a mile away from the next play. Tafua first no try saw Mead trying to go high on him as he tip toed down the sideline only to be shrugged off and got over the line with not much of an issue. Stewarts try he was defending three metres behind the try line and his best effort due to that was to throw his boot under it?????

Now I'm sorry for insulting your mate but I'm calling it like I see it. He is a mediocre FB in a (last night) less than mediocre team. I'm not giving praise when it isn't deserved.

As for Paasi, I don't know about the majority of you on here but I'm at every game, I'm not reliant on what the cameras are showing. Paasi isn't an 80 minute player and he was out on his feet most of the night. Our right side was made to look amateurish. Like I've said time and time again, I love the kid, but I prefer to see him off the bench and in the middle.

Dumbfounded says it all for you champ. His first hit up in an exit set was a dropped ball. He's never anywhere near a 5th tackle option. He had no voice at the back directing traffic or organising. His line defence saw him getting involved in tackles that were already completed and leaving him a mile away from the next play. Tafua first no try saw Mead trying to go high on him as he tip toed down the sideline only to be shrugged off and got over the line with not much of an issue. Stewarts try he was defending three metres behind the try line and his best effort due to that was to throw his boot under it?????

Now I'm sorry for insulting your mate but I'm calling it like I see it. He is a mediocre FB in a (last night) less than mediocre team. I'm not giving praise when it isn't deserved.

As for Paasi, I don't know about the majority of you on here but I'm at every game, I'm not reliant on what the cameras are showing. Paasi isn't an 80 minute player and he was out on his feet most of the night. Our right side was made to look amateurish. Like I've said time and time again, I love the kid, but I prefer to see him off the bench and in the middle.
    I stand firm on the clueless remark about the defence issue last night.

Firstly Im much more critical of him than you'll ever be but there wasn't a resemblance of common sense in the Tafua or Stewart example. Tafua's first try, he's marking 2 players 5 mtrs out from the line with a rampaging stepping Tafua, hello!! Stewarts try, there were 3 players hanging off him before he got anywhere near the play. If this was Zillman id have the same stance, you've overreacted and im willing to let this idiocy slide cause you were drunk and Frostbitten.

"You're not reliant on what the cameras are showing" you sure should be
    Last edited by teke; 15-07-15 at 04:02 AM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I stand firm on the clueless remark about the defence issue last night.

Firstly Im much more critical of him than you'll ever be but there wasn't a resemblance of common sense in the Tafua or Stewart example. Tafua's first try, he's marking 2 players 5 mtrs out from the line with a rampaging stepping Tafua, hello!! Stewarts try, there were 3 players hanging off him before he got anywhere near the play. If this was Zillman id have the same stance, you've overreacted and im willing to let this idiocy slide cause you were drunk and Frostbitten.

"You're not reliant on what the cameras are showing" you sure should be
    Tafuas first NO try. Get some sleep and don't take your frustrations out on me just cause your mums new boyfriend doesn't get like you.

If Meads so great where would you rank him in the NRL as far as fullbacks go? 1-16?

Hoffman is a better defensive player and we'll see who retains the FB spot when the half's return.

Mead won't be playing fullback for much longer anyway by the sounds of it. Henry said once the halves come back, Hoffy will go back to fullback with Mead on the wing.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Tafuas first NO try. Get some sleep and don't take your frustrations out on me just cause your mums new boyfriend doesn't get like you.

If Meads so great where would you rank him in the NRL as far as fullbacks go? 1-16?

Hoffman is a better defensive player and we'll see who retains the FB spot when the half's return.
    Dont let Titanic and his grammatical crash course intimidate you. He is halve was around the world for goodness sake
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 15-07-15 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The team leadership has descended into an area that is just completely unacceptable. The last few games have been progressively woeful, culminating in our two leaders publically embarrassing themselves = a rabble, in my opinion.

The other lads, try as they may, are supposed to look to them as examples, as would any potential recruits. We are not the only club without creative halfs but we are the most ill-disciplined which more than a lack of creativity is what's punishing us.
    I agree Titanic, I hope Bird brings some leadership back to the field when he plays this weekend.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).