Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Dont let Titanic and his grammatical crash course intimidate you. He is halve was around the world for goodness sake
    Good shot if p1ss-poor grammar DB and full marks JB ... I knew there would be some light after Monday night's debacle.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I watched Monday's nights game with Titan Pete because the guys I usually head in with were not going and I could not find ANYBODY to take my spare ticket. There was not a moment of joy to be had watching that band of 'professional' athletes (largely in name only) give us absolutely nothing.

It was as bad a night as I have had at the football. It was as bad as any game under Cartwright - there is absolutely no sugar coating it. We have missed 115 (ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) tackles in the past three matches. That has nothing to do with coaching or injuries and everything to do with attitude and commitment. That is completely inexcusable.

Elgey and Sezar are not going to be responsible for stopping disgraceful tries like the one where Willy Mason just pushed his way through defenders right beside the posts.

People rave about Mead but he was not even 1% of the player Stewart was. That's the Brett Stewart who's the wrong side of 30 and has his best days well and truly behind him.

The only positive is that the club has finally driven off the last of the swinging voters. The only people left at the game last night were the rusted on fans who will support the team regardless of what a pathetic rabble they are. Even the legion looked basically empty. We have been bottoming out for years now and last night we officially hit the ocean floor - somewhere around the bottom of the Mariana trench.

The question now becomes when will we begin to rise.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    The question now becomes when will we begin to rise.
    Good question, and the mystery to me is that we seemed like a whole new, rejuvenated team at the start of the season. We seemed to be throwing the ball around and executing genuinely creative set plays. At the time I figured Henry or one of the new coaching staff was the brains behind this, but now I just don't know... Is it all psychology? The players themselves have just given up on the season mentally? Sure we've had injuries, but how does that explain the recent absence of those set plays that seemed to mark a genuine break from the Carty era?

I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever begin to rise.

I'll never leave the game early no matter what the scoreline. I won't give the opposition crowd the satisfaction. Plus it's easier to push the bastards down the stairs when you leave behind them.

Even my 9 year old who is holidaying in another province said "lost again? hopeless daddy" and when I said "we'll be better next year" he said "you've been saying that for the last three years" ... that's about the entire range of his living memory

If these blokes win away from home this weekend then somebody better start having a good close look at our home office ... no permanent training ground, borrowed facilities, rented offices and being leaderless = a first class rabble.
    Last edited by Titanic; 15-07-15 at 04:26 PM.

SO we didn't win away, in fact we worse than ever before, so we should just accept that this is the worse club in the competition, and I win the prize for being the only person to correctly predict a bottom 25% finish … but I must admit even I didn't see a Wooden Spoon coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    SO we didn't win away, in fact we worse than ever before, so we should just accept that this is the worse club in the competition, and I win the prize for being the only person to correctly predict a bottom 25% finish … but I must admit even I didn't see a Wooden Spoon coming.
    Thats what happens when you have mortimer and myles in your team

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Thats what happens when you have mortimer and myles in your team
    And Falloon, James, Taylor and Bird.

Bird was good in the opening 15 but like the rest of the team, he just gave up after that.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Bird was good in the opening 15 but like the rest of the team, he just gave up after that.
    That's not what I saw … he didn't give up, he just kept doing the same thing, hogging the ruck, but got tired because he's spent nearly the entire season holidaying on the Coast.

I'm not sober but I'm fairly sure this is the wrong thread for the above 5 comments

EDIT: will review tomorrow

HS out

You are completely correct bro hahaha I didn't even realise.
    #iwillneverwalkaway