Default Jack Rogers (son of Mat)

Good on him........

I have seen some you tube clips of him. He has come a loonnggg way in 2 years.

http://www.cronullanews.sydney/roger...rd-generation/

The famous Rogers name is to live on at the Cronulla Sharks…

By Brad Forrest

Jack Rogers, son of dual international Mat Rogers and grandson of Cronulla Sharks Immortal the late Steve Rogers, will look to follow in their footsteps when he signs with the Sharks this week.
    The 20-year-old rugby star has been scoring plenty of tries playing for Bond University’s Premier Colts side on the Gold Coast. He has been described as possessing a mixture of his famous grandfather Steve Rogers’ skill and the speed and step of his father Mat.
    Uniquely, father Steve (1253) and son Mat (1112) are 1 and 2 in the club’s all-time point scoring table.

Could be anything
    “He’s got all the attributes to make it in league,” said a friend. “Jack is a bit bigger than Mat without having done any set team weights program, so if he buckles down he could be anything.”
    Cronulla only recently weighed in for the young Rogers, who has been starring at fullback but can play anywhere in the backline, after both the Queensland Reds and the NSW Waratahs both showed interest in keeping him in the 15-man game.

Impressed Waratahs
    He impressed the Waratahs after flying down to Sydney recently, but he had long harboured a wish to play for his Dad’s old league team, Cronulla.
    In a recent interview he showed where his true allegiances lay. “I want to progress from where I am now to the NRL,” Jack said. “I grew up playing league and watching league. It’s *always been league.
    “I don’t feel like I have to live up to anything. I just love playing footy and Dad supports me, which is good.”

Grew up in Shire
    The eldest son of Mat and Michelle Miller, Mat’s first wife, Jack grew up in the Shire with sister Skyla and played junior league. He later moved to the Gold Coast, where his father and second wife, actress Chloe Maxwell, reside with their other children.
    Just like his father had done before him, Jack switched between league and union with the Burleigh Bears and while attending Palm Beach Currumbin High. He proved a standout at the recent Queensland rugby union state championships, and playing for Bond University’s Premier Colts side.

Hands and skill
    His father said: “He’s got the hands and skill but he probably plays a tougher game than I did.
    “He’s got what it takes. It’s just a matter of time to get the opportunity.”
    If he proves half as good as Mat and Steve, Jack Rogers will offer something special to the Sharks.

(Not all the article pasted...the rest is about Mat and Steve.)

Was he of no interest to the Titans?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Was he of no interest to the Titans?
    Wasn't good enough. He didn't even make our MM Cup squads (he trialled).

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Wasn't good enough. He didn't even make our MM Cup squads (he trialled).
    Jed Cartwright only got a start in MM because the selectors were told they didn't have a choice & were proven right at the time but he has definitely shown plenty of talent since then & has earned his spot in the 20's
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Jed Cartwright only got a start in MM because the selectors were told they didn't have a choice & were proven right at the time but he has definitely shown plenty of talent since then & has earned his spot in the 20's
    Opportunity presents itself in different ways for sure. Happy for Carty and I hope Jack excels but I'm not upset about him signing elsewhere when he was provided an opportunity with us and didn't make it. Must be doing something right to warrant all the attention he's getting though.