Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

This could be a blow out game, i think they will go close to putting 50 on us.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

i like seeing James as captain.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i like seeing James as captain.
    I would be surprised if he plays. Will be a very quick recovery from last weekend but here's hoping.
    At least this game is at Gosford so not really a home game for them. Plus they'll have the Monday game hangover. So do I think we'll win.......nah but it might be closer than others on here think.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    I don't think defence will be the problem and I don't believe they'll run riot. I just think our halves won't get us over their line. So whatever their score they'll keep us to zero.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

I think we've got a try in us at both the 5th and 79th minutes.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Just like the past two games in Sydney vs Roosters when our team was severely under strength?

Anything can happen. I thought the boys were in good form for the first half of the Warriors game, and then we lost some cattle.

I'll be at the game. The boys will have a crack at the chooks.

Dunno if this one is beyond us, (iirc) the Roosters have had a couple of shockers this year. If we're firing, we might just get this one on 'em..

Pray for rain then we won't need to depend on our halves as much.

Titans turn to former Roosters for guidance
    http://www.nrl.com/

The Titans have turned to two former Roosters to help engineer the upset of the season after confirming their team to head to Gosford's Central Coast Stadium on Sunday.

Having opened as $5.80 outsiders against the Roosters, the Titans have already drifted out to $6 with Sportsbet and could be as long as $7 by the time a ball is kicked as they endeavour to keep their top eight aspirations alive.

Captain Nate Myles – another former Bondi boy – has been named to return from a foot injury to play his 200th NRL game but a decision won't be made until later in the week as to whether Ryan James has recovered sufficiently from a bruised shoulder to take his place in the team.

With Aidan Sezer sidelined with a hamstring injury Daniel Mortimer has moved back into the halfback position to partner Josh Hoffman in the halves while Nene Macdonald will face the Roosters less than a fortnight after leaving the club to link with the Titans.

Having only started five games in the halves in three years at the Roosters, Mortimer moved to the Gold Coast to play halfback but after suffering a wrist injury lost his place in the halves to rookie Kane Elgey and has had to fill in at hooker over the past month.

Injuries have conspired to give Mortimer another shot at his preferred position but coach Neil Henry said all the playmaking responsibilities can't fall to one man.

"He will be [the chief playmaker] but I thought that Josh Hoffman has been doing a fair job as well," Henry said. "He carries the ball well and is getting a bit more confidence about commanding the ball so he'll need to do that as well so it doesn't all fall on Morts's shoulders.

"He's really filled in well and shown his versatility. He's been out there playing big minutes in a role in the midfield and making an enormous number of tackles and been very effective in what he has been doing as well.

"He's a versatile player that's proved his worth as a utility, that's for sure."

Macdonald turned out for the Roosters last in Round 8 against the Dragons and now eight weeks later finds himself on the opposite side of the field.

With an all-star backline entrenched at the Roosters Macdonald sought a new opportunity at the Titans and impressed many with his club debut against the Warriors, Henry confident he has addressed some defensive deficiencies that were exposed.

"I think he'll be up for the challenge," Henry said. "He hasn't had too many opportunities to play first grade down there this year and I thought he showed some nice touches for us in his first game too.

"He's working on his defence, there were a couple of times that they got through that edge but he's big and strong and he showed what he can do with a nice pass on the inside and a couple of strong carries."

Gold Coast's other mid-season recruit, Chad Redman, has been named to start at hooker and with Henry naming a five-man bench full of big forwards will be expected to play big minutes against the Roosters.

With few playmaking options at his disposal, Henry said Mortimer will be used to relieve Redman at dummy-half at various stages during the game.

"We're not expecting 80 minutes [out of Redman]. Daniel Mortimer can move from his role in the halves and we'll just have to do a bit of a shuffle there," said Henry.

"We think we can do a bit of dummy-half work out of yardage in particular with 'Meady' (David Mead) and our outside backs in there so we think we can nurse him through for probably 60 minutes.

"He's fairly fit but we'll have to be a bit creative around getting him rests in the game.

"We've got 12 or 13 players out now and we're depleted particularly around our halves and hooker spots so it's a trying time for the club.

"We're in there battling and we need to win a few games to stay in touch with the top eight and it's going to be a tough task against the Roosters."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Didnt we rolll the roosters last time we played them ? We were not expected to win but did ?
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Exert from one of many articles circulating...

"There is good news for the Gold Coast with captain Nate Myles likely to be fit to play his 200th game, while Henry has tenuously named forward Ryan James who is expected to recover from a shoulder injury.

James has been cleared of any structural damage but will be monitored throughout the week."

I'd prefer to see Ryan sit this one out, have the bye off and be right for R18 where he can use his fully fit shoulder to run at a certain halfback.

GCB reporting that James Roberts is going to be playing in the halves on Sunday when Morts moves to hooker

Oh lawd

He should be playing there instead of hoffman. At least he can pass and he will get the ball alot more often

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    GCB reporting that James Roberts is going to be playing in the halves on Sunday when Morts moves to hooker

Oh lawd
    He can pass but no one will have any idea what he's doing. It'd be like DCE in SOO 2.

Titans consider Roberts switch

Thu 25 Jun, 2015, 6:00am
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent, NRL.com

Bereft of playmaking options due to a horror injury toll Titans coach Neil Henry is manoeuvring his most dangerous attacking weapon closer to the ball in order to unsettle the formidable Roosters defence on Sunday.

Having named Daniel Mortimer and Josh Hoffman in the halves, Henry will start with former Knight Chad Redman at hooker and has named an extended bench consisting of five forwards for the clash at Gosford.

With no back-up hooker available for selection and the expectation that Mortimer will move into dummy half to give Redman a spell at various stages, Henry looks set to bring the electrifying James Roberts in closer to the action.

Should Roberts come in from the centres to spend some time in the halves, Dave Taylor will likely shift out wider from the back row, a position he proved very effective in for the Titans in a number of games last season.

The Titans' most prolific player with 14 tries in 14 games this season, Roberts has received the ball on just 200 occasions to rank eighth among touches for Titans players thus far in 2015.

Although he played some fullback for South Sydney in the under-20s competition, Roberts' entire NRL career to date has been spent in the centres or on the wing but he spent plenty of time at first receiver at training on Wednesday, prompting captain Nate Myles to christen him with the nickname of 'Cherry-Evans'.

Insisting that under-20s hooker Karl Lawton needed more time playing in the Intrust Super Cup before he would receive an NRL call-up, Henry said on Tuesday that he would need to be creative in how he managed his interchanges on Sunday.

"I don't expect [Redman] to play 80 minutes but Daniel Mortimer can move from his role in the halves and we'll just have to do a bit of a shuffle there," Henry said.

"I think we can nurse him through for probably 60 minutes anyway, he's fairly fit, but we'll have to be a bit creative around getting him rests in the game."

Redman and Nene Macdonald will be expected to play a more prominent role in just their second game for the club and Macdonald said that while the injury toll is tough on his new team, there is enough versatility in the squad to trouble the Roosters.

"We've got a few boys that are pretty versatile which is good. Jimmy Roberts can go anywhere and a few of the other boys are slowly coming back," said Macdonald, who will line up against Roosters players who were teammates less than a fortnight ago.

"It's tough with everyone injured but it's good with me and Chad coming here and adding two more men to the field so we'll just see what happens."

... I know I'm calling Nate a better player than Shillo in another thread, but honestly - I'm glad he's leaving. I'm still dirty on him for his role in the DCE saga, and feel like he should've been dropped as captain for the remainder of the season. The harmless jibe in the above story, makes me filthy at the club for persisting with him as captain.
    Last edited by K2G; 25-06-15 at 12:49 PM.