Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 140
  1. #16
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    6,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    You know the young blokes far far better than me but In my view the best of the under 20's go to QCup before NRL unless they are exceptional talents. I have watched the under 20's a fair bit of late and in my opinion there is no one close to being an exceptional talent. Play them against men for a while before the NRL if they are any good.
    In fairness Daniel played cup when he was 18 (before u20's) and played it last year as well for a bit. Has been injured recently but has played more cup than any of our other 20's players combined as well as Elgey.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    In fairness Daniel played cup when he was 18 (before u20's) and played it last year as well for a bit. Has been injured recently but has played more cup than any of our other 20's players combined as well as Elgey.
    Thanks for that HS. I would hope that once he went to QCup he would stay there but perhaps he is guaranteed more game time in under 20's.

  3. #18
    Super Moderator TITAN PETE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SKILLED PARK S5
    Posts
    10,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    You know the young blokes far far better than me but In my view the best of the under 20's go to QCup before NRL unless they are exceptional talents. I have watched the under 20's a fair bit of late and in my opinion there is no one close to being an exceptional talent. Play them against men for a while before the NRL if they are any good.
    You are right mate but Dan Schwass has played a few games of Intrust cup last year & will probably get another start or 2 this year but I'll think most of us that mentioned him may have said it "tongue in Cheek", Riley Jacks from Burliegh would be a rough chance but I expect it will be
    6.Hoffman
    7.Morts
    9.Redman
    The bench is where a possible surprise may come from
    #itaintweaktospeak

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    You are right mate but Dan Schwass has played a few games of Intrust cup last year & will probably get another start or 2 this year but I'll think most of us that mentioned him may have said it "tongue in Cheek", Riley Jacks from Burliegh would be a rough chance but I expect it will be
    6.Hoffman
    7.Morts
    9.Redman
    The bench is where a possible surprise may come from
    I think your bench surprise spot titan pete will be that of Karl Lawton... was 18th man for the bulldogs game and if sezer was out then he would have played, i would expect them to fall back into that platform.

  5. #20
    Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Yeah i think Lawton will get the bench spot as well with Mortimer and Hoffman in the halves. Redman to start.

    Although who knows, still time before the June 30 deadline to pull a few rabbits out the hat

  6. #21
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    6,992

    Default

    [img]<a href='http://i.imgur.com/xdBIQX5' title=''><img src='http://i.imgur.com/xdBIQX5.jpg' alt='' title='Hosted by imgur.com' /></a>[/img]


    Between Lawton and Dowling apparently

  7. #22
    Junior NSW Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Northern Sydney
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Dowling in the halves? No thankyou does he even play in the halves in qcup? As far as I know he's only played centre, fullback and 2nd row, so a big no to that we need halves/hookers

  8. #23
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    6,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NSW Titan View Post
    Dowling in the halves? No thankyou does he even play in the halves in qcup? As far as I know he's only played centre, fullback and 2nd row, so a big no to that we need halves/hookers
    He is playing in the halves in Qcup but i agree I wouldn't play him near there in NRL

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NSW Titan View Post
    Dowling in the halves? No thankyou does he even play in the halves in qcup? As far as I know he's only played centre, fullback and 2nd row, so a big no to that we need halves/hookers
    Dowling played 2 games in the halves for burleigh qcup earlier in the year... played centre in yesterdays 1 point win over wynum manly. I don't think putting Dowling in the halves in NRL is a good idea at all.

  10. #25
    Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ipswich
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Titans
    1 David Mead
    2 Anthony Don
    3 James Roberts
    4 Nene Macdonald
    5 Kevin Gordon
    6 Josh Hoffman
    7 Daniel Mortimer
    8 Luke Douglas
    9 Chad Redman
    10 Nate Myles
    11 Ryan James (c)
    12 Dave Taylor
    13 Edward Pettybourne

    Interchange
    14 Agnatius Paasi
    15 Mark Ioane
    16 Lachlan Burr
    17 Matt Robinson
    18 Matt White

    Coach: Neil Henry

  11. #26
    First Grader K2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Kicking duties falling to Mortimer and Hoffman!
    This could get ugly ...

  12. #27
    Moderator JunctionBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Coomera
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    Kicking duties falling to Mortimer and Hoffman!
    This could get ugly ...
    You're assuming we'll score a try.

  13. #28
    First Grader K2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    You're assuming we'll score a try.
    I'm more worried about general kicking duties mate ... Sezer's boot (really good at turning the opposition around by keeping the ball in play, but knows when to kick dead to give our boys a rest) have been keeping us in games of late. Mortimer and Hoffman are class A shankers.
    Last edited by K2G; 23-06-15 at 04:34 PM.

  14. #29
    Moderator Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    3,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    You're assuming we'll score a try.
    That's my fear that we won't score. You look at the Rooters team list and you just go wow.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

  15. #30
    Super Moderator TITAN PETE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SKILLED PARK S5
    Posts
    10,929

    Default

    I hope we can get within 18 points of the Rooters as this game could get ugly
    #itaintweaktospeak


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew