Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Great win by a gutsy squad.

We are really going to miss Sezer. Has been playing great footy lately and his kicking game is first class.

In amongst some great efforts Burr and Ridge struggled. Granted i have missed the last couple of games as i was overseas, but if Matt White continues to get a run over Ioane then i am a poor judge.

Was also great to see an actual game plan. Ball movement really tired the big bulldogs forwards. Well done Henry.

biggest thing on the Tighe no try after Roberts awesome work was Hoffman was running alongside him the whoe way but stopped just as Mbye got there thinking Tighe was over. if he just kept his same pace Mbye would have lost the split second of time and try is scored.

Roberts ability and dare to do that after we got smashed for 5 tackles and were 5 metres from our line on the last tackle was awesome. showed responsibility and and guts. and the pass to Tighe was a pearler.

He is such a beast.

also, we played the biggest pack in comp, and without Myles and Bird we didnt get dominated. who'd a thunk it. petty was awesome down the stretch in defence and carting it up.

Burr.... good defender and ball runner, but he does need to sort his hands out do we have another zillman on our hands.

Anyone know how bad moseleys injury is??

Great win by the boys and finally we get one at home!

James Roberts is a deadset freak and anyone that says he isn't the best centre in the game is kidding themselves. Can't think of many other players that would have pulled off that massive play/break on 5th tackle when we were caught in our 20. Just hope he is okay because it looked like he picked up a leg injury in the second half. Though there have been people saying it was just cramps which is good news if true.

Mead played outstanding at fullback and I have to agree with comments saying he should remain there with Hoffy going to the centres once LG comes back. Come up with a few crucial pick ups from grubbers on our line and made a couple of trysavers as well.

As I said before, I am definitely going to miss Sezer next year. Crucial clutch plays like the 40/20 he pulled off just before halftime was awesome and he looked dangerous all night. I also used to criticise him for his kicking game but I have to admit that he has stepped it up this year and is finally finding the grass and not kicking them dead.

Finally, Neil Henry deserves a massive congratulations and thank you from Titans fans. He has turned us around and we actually look exciting in attack. We definitely look less disjointed and are playing a lot smarter. Just need to learn to hold onto the ball!

Anyway, it is good to get a win especially against the Dogs since I have plenty of mates that love them. Also good to be sitting in 8th past the midway mark in the season. We need to keep it up though.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Paasi and Ioane were solid when they came on too, they kept the momentum going.

Ridge we can do without, I'm not sure who could replace him. Burr is solid but seems to come up with the most simple mistakes at the most crucial times.

OH and no White - good times. Ioane > White
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 14-06-15 at 06:20 PM.

Good post DB - I also couldn't believe Hoffman pulled up like that ... ruled himself out as a support player right at the critical moment, for what could have been try of the season. All in all though, it was a huge effort play by Mbye. No offence to Tighe, who is generally a serviceable second string guy, It's going to be nice to have a new face out on that edge next season. And for the record, yes I would still rather have Tighe in the squad ahead of Zilman.

I have to disagree with the criticisms of Burr. Considering his age and where he is in his career, I for one am more than impressed with him and hope Henry perseveres with him in the 17 - his mistakes are terribly timed and way too frequent, but i can cop them from a rookie who puts in like he does. He is already an improvement on Minichello imo. Ridge on the other hand ... one of the blokes I'm sure we all think should've been dropped ahead of Taylor. What is his excuse?

Was really impressed with our forwards today. Douglas, Petty, Ioane and to a lesser extent Paasi. They were the best combination of aggressive and disciplined that as a unit, we've shown all year. Ioane looked really good and agree that he should be in the side ahead of White. Passi looked a little underdone to me, but still showed enough upside to retain his position.

For Mead to get thrown into the fullback at this point of the year and have the game he had is outstanding. The tries he saved, the heart he showed attacking those grubber kicks, and the opportunities he created ball in hand had me cheering all day. Gus can see it, why can't our coaching staff see it...

James Roberts and Anthony Don are some of my favourite players in the whole comp to watch. Love it.

Really sad for Moseley, hope the kid makes a swift recovery. Mounting injuries could be our downfall this season, but to think we still have Bird, Myles, Taylor and Elgey to come into the side ... is the top 8 now in our sights???

Also, I know everyone is super impressed with Sezer and saying we will miss him next year; I am convinced that we will be an even better team next year, despite losing him. That said, I'd love to see him take us to the finals in this his last year with us.

Great game to watch.

Two in a row!
    Last edited by K2G; 14-06-15 at 09:05 PM.

I'll join the chorus again. As many of us have been saying for the last 3 years, Mead is our best fullback.

Finally a win at home, in front of a terrible 10,000 crowd that must have been counted twice. Agree with most of the comments, one thing i will point out regarding Roberts was after he made the 95m break after being ruled a knock on, he was out on his feet. He could hardly even lift his feet to jog back into defence. He was wasted from then all the way to half time. When he has expended all that energy he stops trying in defence and starts to throw his hand out for the knock on rather than the tackle. We need to identify that early and move him to the wing and give him a shot of adrenalin or something.

ANd I'll say it again, Mortimer in 9 is killing it, just needs some more size. Juice him up. Ioane killed it tonight too. Never tired and made some great metres.

Hoffman at 5/8 was not impressive. Sezer's kicking game will not be replaced next year. 40/20's, finding grass, never kicking dead, grubbers, bombs. His game is on point. Can we move his family up here and get Coral to build them a home, we've done that before?

Great watching the sea of Blue and White exiting with 5 to go. Even better when you get them to give you the finger as they go down the stairs.

Which hookers are performing well in QCUP atm? Looks like they'll get a spot next week as King said in the post match, anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Hazard?
    Last edited by TitanSam; 14-06-15 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Which hookers are performing well in QCUP atm? Looks like they'll get a spot next week as King said in the post match, anyone have any ideas?
    Karl Lawton was 19th man all week and would have played if Sezer was ruled out. So at the moment, he'd be most likely. Could be looking at a potential debutant

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post

EDIT: Hazard?
    As HS said, Lawton would be the most likely considering he is a hooker/half. Pretty sure Hazard is injured and toddythetitan, who was in the sheds after today's game, said Fogarty was in a moonboot.
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 14-06-15 at 07:43 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Junior

Great result and I agree with everyone's enthusiasm. I'd like to give an honourable mention to Kevin Gordan who was solid under the high ball and scored a well earned try.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Bottle that **** that Roberts displayed today 'n hand it out to the rest of our players. That's the sort of ticker we need to play with week in 'n week out to be serious contenders. If we can get that happening, we won't need to throw million dollar contracts at turncoats..

Was King's answer to the first question asked in the presser referring to Moseley? Medial ligament in a brace? I'm worried about Roberts, he was limping for the last 20 min, looked like a knee injury.

Is Karl Lawton good? Haven't seen much of him because in NZ I can't watch the u20s games, is he good?