Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

yeah Julius.

LG's stats per game played would be top 2 or 3. the others have all played twice as many games this year.

little star.

Surely the precedence was set with a $5000 fine for Isaac Luke for his homophobic slur on Instagram. Of course, this all doesn't happen if the refs aren't miked up. Perhaps the broadcaster should be looking at a bigger fine for televising the audio.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    wouldn't be surprised. I heard about Roberts making racist remarks to people during his time at Panthers. Hope he can be a bit more disciplined when it comes to those type of stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

The type of footy the Titans are playing is making me bring back my love of footy again. The boring style of footy that used to be played during the Carty days literally killed my love for the sport day by day. But now jeez its hella fun to watch. One thing i am happy about is seeing the names of Titans players wen reading stats. Don and Roberts are both NRL's 2nd leading tryscorers. Sezer is fourth in terms of most points overall by a player. Heck even LG who hasn't played too many games is already 10th in try assists (tied with DC and few others). Don is leading NRL in linebreaks. LG is 6th in terms of linebreak assists. Never seen so many Titans players in terms of reading stats goes. Goes to show how threatening our attack has been. Only time i remember seeing a Titan in top 5 in stats is when Zillman was leading the NRL in linebreaks and still at that time he was playing ****.
    Amen to that! All we need to do is cut down on the silly errors and we will be a real force. The best thing about our new play style is we aren't dying wondering. They are throwing the ball around and getting results. I remember during the Carty days our complete inability to score points. I think we had the dubious honour one year of having the least amount of points compared to time spent in the attacking 20m.

If we can trim the fat, pick up a decent halve and some good backs and a few big men up front I absolutely love where we are heading as a team. Only bad thing is and I will 100% admit I was wrong is given the last few rounds we are really going to miss Sezer.....damn him and his integrity and not backflipping like ******** Cherry Evans!!

I heard Jimmy's slur on the tv, but as mentioned, I am pretty sure it was started by Lafai.
    I hope I am wrong, but I have noticed in the last few weeks that people seem to be able to get under his skin quite easily - standing up for yourself and the jersey is one thing, as long as it doesn't start messing with his game.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

I also agree with the sentiments that we are going to miss Sezer, his form over the last 6 weeks or so has been very good. Even at 600k, I would say money well spent, especially with reports saying Mbye will be around 700k if we wanted to poach him.(http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/titans...nd-mbye-17770/)
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Geeman...i have come around to thinking Sezer is going be worth the 500k raiders are paying him, but that's their good fortune, as he definitely hadn't shown much to indicate he was worth that much, and we were right not to match it at the time. but we look silly now. him and LG for a combined 750k odd would be the best value halves combo in the comp.

as for Roberts...i was worried as well that his getting frustrated might get him off his game, but the times ive noticed hes lost it a little bit (bulldogs, panthers, raiders) ive kept an eye on him and it hasnt seemed to rock him at all. he is aggressive enough that its maybe not a huge deal for him to blow up and then get on with it. If he was a calm player like Mead or Zillman getting all wound up i think it would affect their game as its not natural for them to be hyped up and aggro.

I didnt hear the slur, and its probably what gets said in every school yard every day, but its a shame if true. there so many other insults you can use ( cat, potato, zillman, weak @#$%, soft %$^&... you get my point), theres no need to use a racial / homophobic slur.

Nothing wrong with what Roberts does (excluding the slurs). If it gains him a couple of extra minutes for him to recharge his batteries before his next 80m break then I'm all for a bit of push and shove.

He's just a mungrel kid who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I just watched the game again, this time on the TV.

A few weeks ago i said I would give Burr the benefit of the doubt after a mixed performance, then a week or so ago I said he tends to be a bit lazy in defence and over runs the ball in attack, and after this game I am pretty sure he is not really up to the standard of first grade. Maybe he will be, but he's not hungry enough yet IMO.

He is still pretty lazy in defence, puts his arms out to try and grab guys but hardly uses his feet at all, I don't see him doing a lot of work, but he does always seem to be around the play, not a 100% kind of guy, more like a 80-90%'er.

In attack he is more like a cross between Zillman and Minichello on a bad day, mainly over running plays like old mate Will, and seems to be a bit fumbly at times like Mini. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to bend or break the line like Mini used too, and I doubt he has a sneaky offload. He never looks like he's getting the ball when he runs a decoy because he doesn't seem to want to put the extra effort in to look like hes about to get the ball so he never draws a defender.

Thats what I'm seeing anyway.

he actually looks like Zillman too a bit i think. especially when hes made an error.

its that 'oh flip, they are going to work it out soon' face

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I just watched the game again, this time on the TV.

A few weeks ago i said I would give Burr the benefit of the doubt after a mixed performance, then a week or so ago I said he tends to be a bit lazy in defence and over runs the ball in attack, and after this game I am pretty sure he is not really up to the standard of first grade. Maybe he will be, but he's not hungry enough yet IMO.

He is still pretty lazy in defence, puts his arms out to try and grab guys but hardly uses his feet at all, I don't see him doing a lot of work, but he does always seem to be around the play, not a 100% kind of guy, more like a 80-90%'er.

In attack he is more like a cross between Zillman and Minichello on a bad day, mainly over running plays like old mate Will, and seems to be a bit fumbly at times like Mini. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to bend or break the line like Mini used too, and I doubt he has a sneaky offload. He never looks like he's getting the ball when he runs a decoy because he doesn't seem to want to put the extra effort in to look like hes about to get the ball so he never draws a defender.

Thats what I'm seeing anyway.
    Exactly the way I see him at the moment C-Whiz. I had this year as a rebuild and development year and some guys like LG and James have really come on but Burr is taking longer. I am happy to give him more games as others are coming back but he really needs to take his chances. In addition to what you said he needs to pick up mentally as his errors when he makes them tend to be big. Cost us golden point against Souths as well as most other games he has let sides off the hook on the big moments.
    I think his general play has improved a bit though so I am hoping it will carry through to all aspects of his game.

Also although burr makes alot of tackles hes in the top 5 for missed tackles. Hes missed more tackles than luke brooks

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Amen to that! All we need to do is cut down on the silly errors and we will be a real force. The best thing about our new play style is we aren't dying wondering. They are throwing the ball around and getting results. I remember during the Carty days our complete inability to score points. I think we had the dubious honour one year of having the least amount of points compared to time spent in the attacking 20m.

If we can trim the fat, pick up a decent halve and some good backs and a few big men up front I absolutely love where we are heading as a team. Only bad thing is and I will 100% admit I was wrong is given the last few rounds we are really going to miss Sezer.....damn him and his integrity and not backflipping like ******** Cherry Evans!!
    Sezer has been huge in key moments. He is truly calm in big moments and can come up with big plays.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Not one mention of Robinson who made a fair fist first up. And Burr might not be bringing the house down but he certainly deserves his place in front of Ridge, imo. I'm not sure what I think about Hoffman in the halves but Tighe is the pick of left side centre options so far. A lazy and tired Myles is hardly what we need against the Bros either but then again this team in this formation is looking better each week.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.