Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    To be honest, I am going to miss Sezer next year. While he's not outstanding, he can come up with clutch plays like the 40/20 just then and he has also improved his kicking game + his ability to lead the team around. Fark you Daly!
    The other thing T4L that is now really obvious is just how Carty screwed Sezer's game. I wasn't fussed to see him leave but now I am although lets remember he is getting $600k at Canberra. A few of us always hedged our bets about Sezer and often wondered whether it was the previous coach that was killing him. Well, I think now it's official. He should give some of his $600k to Henry who has allowed him to play in a team that now uses the ball.

Agree with just about all the comments and it was finally great to get a good win at home. I didn't really think we had a bad player today although Burr's clangers at crucial times are noticeable. For me Douglas really steadied the ship in the middle when we started flagging and he was strong all day. I'm not a great fan of Ridge but he made some crucial tackles today and he is getting better with each game after missing a heap of matches with injuries.
    As others have said, great credit must go to Neil Henry for the style we are playing. Yes the error counts can be a bit high but give me that anyday over the recent years borefest. A couple of good signings and we will go places.

I thought Burr was great & I think DB you have mixed him up with Ridge because I'm pretty sure he didn't spill a single ball today , Hoffman had his best game for the club with some brilliant defense & along with Roberts & Mead should have been closer to man of the match before Sezar who had another strong game.

What happened to Douglas he didn't seem to play many minutes today which is very unlike him......really good performance from a small team against a monster pack & I hope Henry leaves Zillman & White out of every team for the rest of the season but I guess that's a pipe dream.

In regards to Lawton coming into the side if that happens next week he may be destroyed against the Warriors, I don't think he should be considered this season
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I thought Burr was great & I think DB you have mixed him up with Ridge because I'm pretty sure he didn't spill a single ball today , Hoffman had his best game for the club with some brilliant defense & along with Roberts & Mead should have been closer to man of the match before Sezar who had another strong game.

What happened to Douglas he didn't seem to play many minutes today which is very unlike him......really good performance from a small team against a monster pack & I hope Henry leaves Zillman & White out of every team for the rest of the season but I guess that's a pipe dream.

In regards to Lawton coming into the side if that happens next week he may be destroyed against the Warriors, I don't think he should be considered this season
    I tend to agree. Coaching staff think he's ready though..I'd like to see him play cup first at least

Totally agree that bringing Lawton in against the Warriors could be dangerous but really who else is there left? Hazard, Srama, Falloon, Moseley and possibly Fogarty are all injured. We could go with a 4 forward bench but not sure Morts could play 80 at hooker.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I think with Burr, the major error today that I recall was that just after we knocked back a clear two points which would have put us in the lead, Burr stuffed up a play the ball on the second tackle. Took away great momentum.

Titans surge to victory over Bulldogs

Sun 14 Jun, 2015, 5:59pm
    By Matt Harris, Queensland Correspondent, NRL.com

The Titans proved that size doesn’t matter as their speedy backline orchestrated a 28-14 victory over a monster Bulldogs side at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

All of the Gold Coast's points came from their backline stars with James Roberts scoring twice and Kevin Gordon and Brad Tighe also performing strongly.

The 14-point win was enough to see the Titans move into eighth spot on the Telstra Premiership ladder with their sixth win of the season, while the Bulldogs drop to 11th.

In a contrast of playing styles, the size of the Bulldogs was matched by the speed of the Titans after nine minutes when Gordon's break down the left touchline eventually led to a try to Roberts on the right edge, cancelling out Curtis Rona's opener three minutes earlier.

Both sides were prepared to chance their arm in the first half, to the detriment of proper ball control, with six errors taking place within the opening 30 minutes.

The Bulldogs snatched back the lead at the half-hour mark when Sam Kasiano stormed onto Tim Browne's offload to crash over next to the posts for a 10-4 advantage once Mbye added the extras.

An Aidan Sezer 40/20 kick with 15 seconds left before half-time handed the Titans a chance strike back and they did so after Daniel Mortimer's cross-field kick took a steep bounce over winger Corey Thompson's head with opposite number Gordon claiming the Steeden to score his first try of the season.

Sezer's conversion snuck over the posts to lock the score up at 10-all heading into the break.

Down to a three-man bench after Kierran Moseley failed to return from the sheds due to a knee injury, the Titans needed a boost and it came from David Mead.

Filling in at fullback due to Josh Hoffman's pre-game move to five-eighth, Mead burst through the Bulldogs' defensive line inside their half and found Mortimer who sent Tighe over the line.

Moments later Tighe found himself in the action again when he received a pass from speedster Roberts but was knocked into the corner post by Mbye's desperate tackle.

Thompson's afternoon went from bad to worse when he failed to deal with another cross-field kick – this time from Sezer's boot in the 59th minute – with an easy try to Hoffman and a 22-10 Titans lead the end result.

Titans captain Ryan James was denied a match-sealing try 13 minutes from fulltime after having his effort disallowed due to an obvious double movement.

The Gold Coast crowd started to grow nervous when Rona crossed for his second try in the 71st minute to narrow the deficit to eight points.

Those nerves wouldn't fray for long as Roberts grabbed another try with five minutes remaining to put the result beyond doubt at 28-14.

Gold Coast Titans 28 (James Roberts 2, Kevin Gordon, Brad Tighe, Josh Hoffman tries; Aidan Sezer 4 goals) def. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 14 (Curtis Rona 2, Sam Kasiano tries; Moses Mbye goal) at Cbus Super Stadium. Half-time: 10-all. Holden Cup: Bulldogs 23-10.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Does anyone know what was going on with Jimmy and Tim Lafai?

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Someone said on FB that Jimmy was heard throwing homophobic slurs at Lafai. I didn't hear it but yeah that's apparently what happened. Lets hope the Jet doesn't get cited and booked for it.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Someone said on FB that Jimmy was heard throwing homophobic slurs at Lafai. I didn't hear it but yeah that's apparently what happened. Lets hope the Jet doesn't get cited and booked for it.
    ...Yea he did... But it was Lafai who started it all, I wonder what he said to jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    I think Jimmy tackles quite aggressively, and also i think he doesn't take rubbish from anyone. he stands up for the jersey when people try put it over him. i like that.

Yeah TitanPete, Burr messed up the play the ball right near the posts after a penalty. not hangable by any means but he needs to tidy it up a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

i did hear or read a FB post that Jimmy might be suspended? that would tie in to possible 'slurs' as he didnt do anything in play that you would think needs looking at like a tackle or dangerous act

Very enjoyable game to watch. Thought we were going to get hammered by the refs early on as the Bulldogs got away with forward passes and knock-ons and we had some 50/50 knock ons go against us. Ridge has dropped balls on the first couple of tackles multiple times in the past couple of games. He is running the tough lines and making big tackles but he has to hold that ball or we can find someone else to do it. Mead was sensational and that back 3 should be persisted with unless Hoffman goes to left wing when Elgey returns. Gordon was good today though and deserves a spot at the moment. Hoffman was decent although playing like an extra centre/fullback. Mortimer is impressing at hooker. Agree with the commentary on Burr, he's worth persevering with.

Great win and will be interesting to see what Henry does when we're near to fullback health.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Burr, while he does make a few silly errors, is definitely worth persisting with. His workrate is outstanding (31 tackles today) and he will only get better as time goes on and he gets more experience under his belt. No doubt in my mind he will be a big part of our forward pack for years to come.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

wouldn't be surprised. I heard about Roberts making racist remarks to people during his time at Panthers. Hope he can be a bit more disciplined when it comes to those type of stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

The type of footy the Titans are playing is making me bring back my love of footy again. The boring style of footy that used to be played during the Carty days literally killed my love for the sport day by day. But now jeez its hella fun to watch. One thing i am happy about is seeing the names of Titans players wen reading stats. Don and Roberts are both NRL's 2nd leading tryscorers. Sezer is fourth in terms of most points overall by a player. Heck even LG who hasn't played too many games is already 10th in try assists (tied with DC and few others). Don is leading NRL in linebreaks. LG is 6th in terms of linebreak assists. Never seen so many Titans players in terms of reading stats goes. Goes to show how threatening our attack has been. Only time i remember seeing a Titan in top 5 in stats is when Zillman was leading the NRL in linebreaks and still at that time he was playing ****.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    wouldn't be surprised. I heard about Roberts making racist remarks to people during his time at Panthers. Hope he can be a bit more disciplined when it comes to those type of stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

The type of footy the Titans are playing is making me bring back my love of footy again. The boring style of footy that used to be played during the Carty days literally killed my love for the sport day by day. But now jeez its hella fun to watch. One thing i am happy about is seeing the names of Titans players wen reading stats. Don and Roberts are both NRL's 2nd leading tryscorers. Sezer is fourth in terms of most points overall by a player. Heck even LG who hasn't played too many games is already 10th in try assists (tied with DC and few others). Don is leading NRL in linebreaks. LG is 6th in terms of linebreak assists. Never seen so many Titans players in terms of reading stats goes. Goes to show how threatening our attack has been. Only time i remember seeing a Titan in top 5 in stats is when Zillman was leading the NRL in linebreaks and still at that time he was playing ****.
    It's great aye. James Roberts is close to setting the record for most tries scored in a season for the Titans...4 more to go.