View Poll Results: Who would you like to see as LG's halves partner in 2016?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jamal Fogarty

1 2.17%
  • Christian Hazard

0 0%
  • Karl Lawton

0 0%
  • Trent Hodkinson

6 13.04%
  • Chris Sandow

1 2.17%
  • James Maloney

8 17.39%
  • Mitch Cornish

1 2.17%
  • Moses Mbye (if released)

15 32.61%
  • Ashley Taylor (if released)

2 4.35%
  • Corey Norman (if released)

4 8.70%
  • Todd Carney

3 6.52%
  • Chad Townsend (if released)

0 0%
  • Steve Michaels

2 4.35%
  • Shaun Nona

3 6.52%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

I don't think Sandow would be any good for us - Form is all over the place, and not sure about his record off the field either. I know he had issues a few years ago, but maybe he has got through them...
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

If Sandow is a Titan then no longer shall I be.

Sandow should not be our primary target but I'll support whoever comes to the Titans. Who knows, maybe a show of faith with a new contract could help him pick up his form and same goes with Hodkinson. Guess we will see though. The next few weeks will definitely be interesting.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

In relation to the article above, please not Sandow. In addition to the off field dramas with him I don't see him as an ideal compliment to LG. Hodgo and Maloney fit the bill and I would be happy with either, although the Maloney missed tackles stats is a worry.
    Two young halves at this stage is too risky - the Wests Tigers are the perfect example and Brooks has gone backwards this year (of course they will both have blinders on Friday now that I have said that).

Not to mention we don't have the forward pack to allow Sandow the time to perform without pressure. Which is the only time he performs.

Out of all that has been mentioned I would go Maloney. He is really the only one who is sorta consistence.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Whilst sandow wouldnt be my first choice, i wouldnt mind him partnering elgey. We know elgey plays best when hes the dominent half and is directing play and calling the shots and sandow can sit back let elgey steer the ship and chime in in the attack

I want youth! Mbye / Cornish / Hazard are all worthy IMO.

But Jimmy Maloney would be my pick of the senior bunch. Wouldn't mind Norman either.

Quote Originally Posted by IpswichTitans View Post
    I want youth! Mbye / Cornish / Hazard are all worthy IMO.
    I want youth too and anyone who knows me knows that I favour younger players in the context of our club's position but I'm just not sure that our setup would cater for having one partner LG in the halves.

The tigers are the example used and even they have Robbie Farah at the other key spine position of hooker. We have 21 year old Kierran Moseley who doesn't have that experience and leadership.

It's tough and I'd love an LG/Mbye halves pairing but I can see it being far too much pressure on an inexperienced spine.

Wow..the Bulldogs forum really, really want Hodkinson gone. Like really bad. Begging us to take him off them.

Wouldn't mind seeing hodko, sandow or Maloney here, also like the sound of Mbye and Cornish and maybe even Isaac John, if all else fails I could live with lui or maybe even a luke walsh

Quote Originally Posted by NSW Titan View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing hodko, sandow or Maloney here, also like the sound of Mbye and Cornish and maybe even Isaac John, if all else fails I could live with lui or maybe even a luke walsh
    If that's what you could live with, i'd hate to think what 'scraping the bottom of the barrel' would look like to you.

I'd rather let Mortimer, Hazard and Fogarty play 6 than waste money on half the blokes you just mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Wow..the Bulldogs forum really, really want Hodkinson gone. Like really bad. Begging us to take him off them.
    Can you imagine the hate doggs fans would have for our club if we signed their saviour Moses Mbye right now? Holy hell - it'd be worth it just for that. They already love that we took Sezer, Carter and Burr ... If we stole Mbye and left them with 'Hokko.' Damn, I don't even know - there would be riots in Bankstown.

Well considering hazard and fogarty are both unproven at nrl level at this stag I'd go with those mentioned, Mortimer will be playing hooker for the rest of his time here unless injurys occur

Here's a left field name I saw in another forum... Quade Cooper.
    Unlikely as the rugger players are probably on higher money than league players these days.

Norman then Hodgkinson then Maloney but not much between them, imho … would like MBye in the rotation but that is just wishful thinking as he would look good in the centres.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.