View Poll Results: Who would you like to see as LG's halves partner in 2016?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jamal Fogarty

1 2.17%
  • Christian Hazard

0 0%
  • Karl Lawton

0 0%
  • Trent Hodkinson

6 13.04%
  • Chris Sandow

1 2.17%
  • James Maloney

8 17.39%
  • Mitch Cornish

1 2.17%
  • Moses Mbye (if released)

15 32.61%
  • Ashley Taylor (if released)

2 4.35%
  • Corey Norman (if released)

4 8.70%
  • Todd Carney

3 6.52%
  • Chad Townsend (if released)

0 0%
  • Steve Michaels

2 4.35%
  • Shaun Nona

3 6.52%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Good write up HS. DCE was the perfect buy for our club but nothing in the world is perfect so my options (no particular order):

•James Maloney - great goal kicker and also a good in game kicker. Only problem is he is the leagues worst defender in terms of missed tackles

•Moses Mbye - Queensland born kid with a load of potential to be a star one day. Massive x factor. Only problem is I can't see Hasler letting him go.

•Corey Norman - not a fantastic star player but is experienced which Elgey might need alongside him. Can control a game pretty well as shown in recent weeks.

•Ashley Taylor - another young Queenslander with a lot of potential. Similar to Mbye, not sure Bennett will let him go.
    Rather than repeat I pretty much agree with T4L. Main reason I want Maloney is that in addition to his kicking, I believe LG needs someone with a bit of experience around him.
    Of course getting Keiran Forum to backflip wouldn't be a bad idea.
    And Karnage - the next home game is against the Dogs. I share your disappointment mate but if we all took your approach there will soon be no NRL on the Coast. That is not what I want to see, so lets give the new coach (and soon new owners) time to get team they want and make a judgement then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Rather than repeat I pretty much agree with T4L. Main reason I want Maloney is that in addition to his kicking, I believe LG needs someone with a bit of experience around him.
    Of course getting Keiran Forum to backflip wouldn't be a bad idea.
    And Karnage - the next home game is against the Dogs. I share your disappointment mate but if we all took your approach there will soon be no NRL on the Coast. That is not what I want to see, so lets give the new coach (and soon new owners) time to get team they want and make a judgement then.
    That's exactly right mate, our very survival is on the line. A lot of the people who criticize my comments may not be putting up the money the way I am to support the team. I will continue to be critical because the people that run this club have to take some of the responsibility for the way this all played out.

The fact remains that next year the only NRL teams that play on the Gold Coast will be the opponent. We will be a QLD Cup team playing in the NRL.

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies to Hail Sezar - he asked me to stop taking his thread off topic, which is fair enough, so I'll say no more here.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    That's exactly right mate, our very survival is on the line. A lot of the people who criticize my comments may not be putting up the money the way I am to support the team. I will continue to be critical because the people that run this club have to take some of the responsibility for the way this all played out.

The fact remains that next year the only NRL teams that play on the Gold Coast will be the opponent. We will be a QLD Cup team playing in the NRL.

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies to Hail Sezar - he asked me to stop taking his thread off topic, which is fair enough, so I'll say no more here.
    lol don't apologies to HS, hes only scary cause hes a mod hahaha

I'm actually pretty excited to see where the club goes after the DCE saga. The only thing that bothers me about all of this is that he didn't announce it earlier, so we would have had some more time to look at our options.

- - - Updated - - -

By replying I might be keeping this a little off topic but why is the club responsible for the way the DCE thing panned out? They had a signed contract but Manly and DCE played within the rules as they stood, and countered the offer. I don't like it one bit but we are mad if we are to think Manly were just going to throw their hands in the air and say, well he has gone. Their members were putting heaps of pressure on the new owner. The situation stinks but I am not sure what more the Titans could have done.

I have put my money on the line as a Titanium member since day 1 and will continue to do so as I have faith in the current coach and Board. I implore others, and you Karnage, to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    By replying I might be keeping this a little off topic but why is the club responsible for the way the DCE thing panned out? They had a signed contract but Manly and DCE played within the rules as they stood, and countered the offer. I don't like it one bit but we are mad if we are to think Manly were just going to throw their hands in the air and say, well he has gone. Their members were putting heaps of pressure on the new owner. The situation stinks but I am not sure what more the Titans could have done.

I have put my money on the line as a Titanium member since day 1 and will continue to do so as I have faith in the current coach and Board. I implore others, and you Karnage, to do the same.
    Couldn't agree more, I will be continuing my support through my families membership this decision galvanises me more to be their for the titans, cant blame anyone from within the organisation their is only one person to blame and that's DCE himself

I'd go after Chad Townsend if he is still available. Then I'd go after DCE but in a different way.

No. I honestly don't care. I highly doubt I will be a member next year and given I probably can't make the next home game v the Warriors I doubt I'll bother going to any of the other home games. Year after year I stump up hard earned money to support a team that is unable to bring me anything but mismanagement, ineptitude and frustration.

The NRL is a joke and next season our team is going to be an absolute trash fire. Right now we have one front rower (Douglas), one decent backrower (James - Taylor sucks and Bird is a grub), one promising rookie half who is no guarantee to ever be anything better than say Luke Brooks or Jarrod Mullen (Elgey), one unsigned(!!) centre (Roberts) and a fullback (Hoffman).

Every other single player would not make the run on team in a top 8 side. No decent free agent will come here because they know they will be playing on a losing side. I'm glad I enjoyed our 3 wins in a row, because we won't be winning ANYTHING for years to come. Our 2015 squad is going to so much worse than the second worst squad that it is not funny.
    That's exactly the way I see it, good post mate.

- - - Updated - - -

So now our priority turns to another half, imo, all the off-contract ones are nothing special. We have Elgey but the problem is we don't have a good history of bringing up young talent, that is what worries me the most about him.

And then we need a couple of decent forwards. Forwards like Luke Douglas who actually play with their heart on their sleeve.

Not Sandow, not Kelly but a stable NRL-level 5/8 that will let Elgey play 7 ... so who's that? Only Norman or Maloney ... I want a Queenslander who knows what it means to lead from the front and one of those choices actually has a combination with Hoffman, FFS plus he has something to prove to those Ponies up the highway.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

My list (in order of preference):

1. Moses Mbye
    2. Ashley Taylor
    3. Corey Norman

My 'worst nightmare' signings (in order of most to least scary):

1. Chris Sandow
    2. Trent Hodgkinson
    3. James Maloney

Henry is a spineless pussycat who only cares about his personal win/loss tally and not the long-term future of the club if he doesn't

1. Strip the captaincy from Myles (give it to Douglas) and seek an immediate release for him, or atleast drop him to Qcup
    2. Give Elgey some of the goal-kicking, and more of the general play kicking duties.
    3. Blood Hazard and Fogarty over coming weeks to see what they can do at NRL level. Let Sezer come off the bench.

I'm also excited about the opportunities our DCEless future now holds - but the club needs to start thinking beyond 2015 finals footy.

There is a few options.

Firstly we chase Ashley Taylor, Jayden Nikorima and Moses Mbye. If we can't grab them we chase James Maloney to play beside Elgey for a few years while develop another young half.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post

1. Strip the captaincy from Myles (give it to Douglas) and seek an immediate release for him, or atleast drop him to Qcup
    This should be happening ASAP.

I say get either of the following- a kelly, carney, sandow. All right edge half. Forget about signing a left edge like hod, cornish, maloney etc

All are good options, Titans need forwards !!!!!!!

3 or 4 of them.

Regardless of what some say there is good talent in this side of its around a brute pack
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Titans need to take a page out of panthers book, buy all the best juniors

A replacement half is not even our most pressing concern, who do you think is going to be captain next year.....