View Poll Results: Who would you like to see as LG's halves partner in 2016?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jamal Fogarty

1 2.17%
  • Christian Hazard

0 0%
  • Karl Lawton

0 0%
  • Trent Hodkinson

6 13.04%
  • Chris Sandow

1 2.17%
  • James Maloney

8 17.39%
  • Mitch Cornish

1 2.17%
  • Moses Mbye (if released)

15 32.61%
  • Ashley Taylor (if released)

2 4.35%
  • Corey Norman (if released)

4 8.70%
  • Todd Carney

3 6.52%
  • Chad Townsend (if released)

0 0%
  • Steve Michaels

2 4.35%
  • Shaun Nona

3 6.52%
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Where to from here: The halves conundrum

Alright guys, time to move on. DCE backflipping seems imminent with an announcement in half an hour to confirm it.

Let's look forward. We've got a young gun half in LG on the left and need someone to partner him. We've also got 1.2 mil spare.

Currently, we have:
    Karl Lawton
    Daniel Mortimer

as contracted halves for 2016 (excluding Kane). I think we can all agree that Morts doesn't fit the bill and Lawto is untested and IMO is a hooker.

That brings us the open market. Off contract options are:
    Blake Ayshford, Justin Hunt, Kris Keating, Luke Kelly, Samisoni Langi, Jack Littlejohn, James Maloney, Te Maire Martin, Shaun Nona, Manaia Rudolph, Will Smith, Kyle Stanley, Ray Thompson, Chad Townsend
    Mitchell Cornish, Shannon Crook, Adrian Davis, Zach Dockar-Clay, Jamal Fogarty, Christian Hazard, Beau Henry, Trent Hodkinson, Isaac John, Mason Lino, Robert Lui, Penani Manumalealii, Todd Murphy, Jayden Nikorima, Jeff Robson, Chris Sandow, Zach Strasser

Of the above, I would be happy with:
    Shaun Nona - has aced everything below NRL and the best half in Qcup. Young and from Qld.
    Te Maire Martin - best attacking half in u20's, however lacks size required for NRL at this stage and an inexperienced pairing wouldn't be great.
    Trent Hodkinson - Wouldn't pay this bloke anything more than 400k based on form - reputation however may inflate his value. Decent goalkicker and strong defender.
    Jayden Nikorima - Utility value and X-factor. Again, question is whether he could handle NRL and that makes me highly cautious.
    James Maloney - Handy player buuuut highly unlikely to leave chooks.

All have their ups and downs and if I got to choose one, it would honestly be Nona.

Do we have options that are currently contracted elsewhere? Perhaps:
    Ashley Taylor
    Moses Mbye

I know the above 2 options are popular amongst forum members and I tend to agree. Mbye in particular. The complication here of course is whether they will be granted a release.

So that's the current environment regarding the vacant spot. Thoughts and feelings? Who would you guys like to see?

Junior

I vote for Will Smith. He'd definitely raise our profile! What? Oh, it's not THAT Will Smith? Okay then, I say Hodkinson, 'cause I think we could get him for under $400k, he has name recognition (although a bit infamous amongst Queenslanders) and I suspect he'd be hungry to prove he wasn't a flash in the pan with last season's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by IpswichTitans View Post
    You forgot Chrissy Sandow!
    He's there

in the off contract

without being bolded

like he should be

Good write up HS. DCE was the perfect buy for our club but nothing in the world is perfect so my options (no particular order):

•James Maloney - great goal kicker and also a good in game kicker. Only problem is he is the leagues worst defender in terms of missed tackles

•Moses Mbye - Queensland born kid with a load of potential to be a star one day. Massive x factor. Only problem is I can't see Hasler letting him go.

•Corey Norman - not a fantastic star player but is experienced which Elgey might need alongside him. Can control a game pretty well as shown in recent weeks.

•Ashley Taylor - another young Queenslander with a lot of potential. Similar to Mbye, not sure Bennett will let him go.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Junior

No to Maloney, he's a grub (remember those weird shoe stealing incidents?). If we could somehow ensure his head gets straightened out and he plays with some consistency, I actually think Sandow would be a good, cheap(-ish) signing.

I like the way Christian Hazard plays.

I honestly don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I honestly don't care.
    You care enough to reply to the thread.

10/10 response karnage

Before I get caught up in the how I am going to use the rest of this day to destroy "the backfliping grub" DCE's life.

I would go for Corey Norman, agree he doesn't set the world on fire but he grew up on the Coast, can organise a team (to an extent), seems to be popular with team mates, a bit older and has the ability to play fullback as well.

I would also target Moses Mbye just a star player in the making who is still young, I feel if we get Corey and Moses we can shift Corey to fullback or Moses to 9.

Would also target Dale Copley, definitely a future origin player, team would be great with him.

Also target BJ Leilua before Canberra poach him, think we could benefit from his size on the edges and his aggression.

Re-sign Paul Carter, because he is an aggressive tackling machine.

Sign some up and coming junior forwards

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    You care enough to reply to the thread.

10/10 response karnage
    No. I honestly don't care. I highly doubt I will be a member next year and given I probably can't make the next home game v the Warriors I doubt I'll bother going to any of the other home games. Year after year I stump up hard earned money to support a team that is unable to bring me anything but mismanagement, ineptitude and frustration.

The NRL is a joke and next season our team is going to be an absolute trash fire. Right now we have one front rower (Douglas), one decent backrower (James - Taylor sucks and Bird is a grub), one promising rookie half who is no guarantee to ever be anything better than say Luke Brooks or Jarrod Mullen (Elgey), one unsigned(!!) centre (Roberts) and a fullback (Hoffman).

Every other single player would not make the run on team in a top 8 side. No decent free agent will come here because they know they will be playing on a losing side. I'm glad I enjoyed our 3 wins in a row, because we won't be winning ANYTHING for years to come. Our 2015 squad is going to so much worse than the second worst squad that it is not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Before I get caught up in the how I am going to use the rest of this day to destroy "the backfliping grub" DCE's life.

I would go for Corey Norman, agree he doesn't set the world on fire but he grew up on the Coast, can organise a team (to an extent), seems to be popular with team mates, a bit older and has the ability to play fullback as well.

I would also target Moses Mbye just a star player in the making who is still young, I feel if we get Corey and Moses we can shift Corey to fullback or Moses to 9.

Would also target Dale Copley, definitely a future origin player, team would be great with him.

Also target BJ Leilua before Canberra poach him, think we could benefit from his size on the edges and his aggression.

Re-sign Paul Carter, because he is an aggressive tackling machine.

Sign some up and coming junior forwards
    Obviously re-sign James Roberts.

Pull a Panthers and build around a younger team with some experience in there as well and let them work for each other, will be the ones everyone writes off but its nothing we are not used too already. Who knows this could be a blessing in disguise, up the mighty TITANS!

No. I honestly don't care. I highly doubt I will be a member next year and given I probably can't make the next home game v the Warriors I doubt I'll bother going to any of the other home games. Year after year I stump up hard earned money to support a team that is unable to bring me anything but mismanagement, ineptitude and frustration.

The NRL is a joke and next season our team is going to be an absolute trash fire. Right now we have one front rower (Douglas), one decent backrower (James - Taylor sucks and Bird is a grub), one promising rookie half who is no guarantee to ever be anything better than say Luke Brooks or Jarrod Mullen (Elgey), one unsigned(!!) centre (Roberts) and a fullback (Hoffman).

Every other single player would not make the run on team in a top 8 side. No decent free agent will come here because they know they will be playing on a losing side. I'm glad I enjoyed our 3 wins in a row, because we won't be winning ANYTHING for years to come. Our 2015 squad is going to so much worse than the second worst squad that it is not funny.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts Karnage, although if you don't care about the content within a thread then the general approach is to simply not respond.

I respect your thoughts and always have - please respect mine by not raining on the thread for the sake of venting.

Junior

Dear Karnage

lol Didnt the Bunnies have a run of poor performances and average team for many a years. Yet still had the faithful behind them (even though a few are bandwagon bunnies) now they have one of the highest memberships and a premiership winning team. As I've said before Rome ain't built in a day and neither will the titans, have faith in our youngsters, but to bag LG to me shows that you either 1. Have no respect and hope for LG 2. You really do have your panties in a twist.

You seem like a passionate person, but have spilt milk and throwing toys. I suggest have listen to the song by Chris Brown 'these hoes aint loyal'.

#TitansFaithful #DoWork #TheseHoesAintLoyal

If i was in recruitment id be going hard after:

1. Moses Mbye (Under Contract in 2016, but some $$$ might bring him home. I love watching him play, he's a superstar. Can't see doggies letting him go though.)

2. Mitch Cornish (Another young Superstar in the making! Love to see him alongside LG)

3. Corey Norman (I Like Him)

Chris Sandow & Trent Hodkinson would be last resorts IMO. Brad Abbey might go alright.

4. Peter Mata'utia (Said it before and i'll say it again, I'm a very big fan of his. He adds some attacking strike out wide.

5. Copley / Kahu (Either One, if we cant manage Mata'utia)

6. Adam Docker / Michael Chee Kam / Alex Glenn / Sika Manu (Need some Big boys)

Just Some of My thoughts. It makes me happy that we now have some more $$$ to throw around!
    Last edited by IpswichTitans; 03-06-15 at 01:37 PM.

Haha!! That's all fine - except for the Chris Brown reference!!