View Poll Results: Who would you like to see as LG's halves partner in 2016?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jamal Fogarty

1 2.17%
  • Christian Hazard

0 0%
  • Karl Lawton

0 0%
  • Trent Hodkinson

6 13.04%
  • Chris Sandow

1 2.17%
  • James Maloney

8 17.39%
  • Mitch Cornish

1 2.17%
  • Moses Mbye (if released)

15 32.61%
  • Ashley Taylor (if released)

2 4.35%
  • Corey Norman (if released)

4 8.70%
  • Todd Carney

3 6.52%
  • Chad Townsend (if released)

0 0%
  • Steve Michaels

2 4.35%
  • Shaun Nona

3 6.52%
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Mbye kicks aswell doesn't he? I'd like to see him here, haven't seen nona play but sounds good also wouldn't mind Townsend but pretty sure he's a done deal at sharks

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Experience an goal kicking would mean Maloney and Hodgkinson, at of all the youngens including our own Hazard and Fogarty I would love to see titans pick up Shaun Nona, by far the best half running around in QLD Cup the last couple of years, and has the awards and recognition to back it up. Also a very very handy goal kicker.
    Yeah I liked what small amount i've seen of Nona's play. Starred for QLD Residents last month, played really well for Pride beating Panthers Cup side on GF day last year. Has a really dangerous short kicking game, can kick goals, good slight of hand and can put players into space. Also, spending the year under Belamy, and learning from Cronk, Smith and co wouldn't of hurt his development at all ... only thing I wonder about is his game management skills, and in this sense, am not sure if his play style will compliment Elgey (very similar in a lot of ways). That said - I'd rather him than Sandow or Hodgkinson.

For me, If we're going youth - I think Ash Taylor has the highest ceiling and provides the best stylistic compliment for LG ... Although the amount of time they'd need to develop as a pair would test the patience of most Titans fans. I don't think Taylor is as NRL ready as Elgey was/is but he will be a very 5/8 with some time.

What are others opinions on Nona, Taylor or any other young half not currently playing in the NRL?

Seems like most everyone would prefer an established NRL player?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NSW Titan View Post
    Mbye kicks aswell doesn't he? I'd like to see him here, haven't seen nona play but sounds good also wouldn't mind Townsend but pretty sure he's a done deal at sharks
    Mbye isn't going anywhere. Loves it at the dogs and is viewed as a future captain.

Townsend wants to return to a Sydney club, and like you said - is rumoured to have already signed to the sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    Yeah I liked what small amount i've seen of Nona's play. Starred for QLD Residents last month, played really well for Pride beating Panthers Cup side on GF day last year. Has a really dangerous short kicking game, can kick goals, good slight of hand and can put players into space. Also, spending the year under Belamy, and learning from Cronk, Smith and co wouldn't of hurt his development at all ... only thing I wonder about is his game management skills, and in this sense, am not sure if his play style will compliment Elgey (very similar in a lot of ways). That said - I'd rather him than Sandow or Hodgkinson.

For me, If we're going youth - I think Ash Taylor has the highest ceiling and provides the best stylistic compliment for LG ... Although the amount of time they'd need to develop as a pair would test the patience of most Titans fans. I don't think Taylor is as NRL ready as Elgey was/is but he will be a very 5/8 with some time.

What are others opinions on Nona, Taylor or any other young half not currently playing in the NRL?

Seems like most everyone would prefer an established NRL player?

- - - Updated - - -

Mbye isn't going anywhere. Loves it at the dogs and is viewed as a future captain.

Townsend wants to return to a Sydney club, and like you said - is rumoured to have already signed to the sharks.
    For me the ideal is to get Maloney and one of the gun young blokes like Nona or Taylor. My main interest in Maloney is that he is experienced and I believe the team needs one experienced half to complement LG's inexperience. I would hope that we can just develop a Nona/Taylor until Maloney leaves or changes positions but whether a young half would come under those circumstances is debatable. If not I believe experience is the priority as I like many others have had enough of baby steps and we need to get into finals before we lose even more support.

Junior

Blech! This whole thread is like people squabbling over who gets the last of the leftover chips sitting under the buffet heat lamps.

For marketing purposes we need a 'name' in our side, and none of the guys we're talking about provide that. I'm coming around to the idea of just getting some quality Qcup, etc., youngster (like that Nona kid you all are talking about) and then drop the serious money into getting Sam Burgess (and maybe the other Burgess brothers, as well) into our side to beef things up. That's as close to a crowd-pulling 'name' as I can think of.

May as well fold if Sandow is the primary target for Neil Henry. That'll be the mother of all **** ups/

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle Titan View Post
    Blech! This whole thread is like people squabbling over who gets the last of the leftover chips sitting under the buffet heat lamps.

For marketing purposes we need a 'name' in our side, and none of the guys we're talking about provide that. I'm coming around to the idea of just getting some quality Qcup, etc., youngster (like that Nona kid you all are talking about) and then drop the serious money into getting Sam Burgess (and maybe the other Burgess brothers, as well) into our side to beef things up. That's as close to a crowd-pulling 'name' as I can think of.
    I agree YDT. There are no more 'marquee' halves left on the market. Let's not spend big on that position until there is one we want.

Junior

Although a big name would be good. We did that already at look where that got us....

I would like us to sign Maloney on a 2 year deal on no more then 600k a year and Nona to a 3 year deal for around 200k per year. Maloney so he is able to mentor Nona and LG both of which are still young and need experience to help them develop.

We also need to re sign Roberts ASAP. Also re sign Passi and Pettybourne. Release Taylor to go to the super league.

Sign Molo, Docker and McQueen

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    Although a big name would be good. We did that already at look where that got us....

I would like us to sign Maloney on a 2 year deal on no more then 600k a year and Nona to a 3 year deal for around 200k per year. Maloney so he is able to mentor Nona and LG both of which are still young and need experience to help them develop.

We also need to re sign Roberts ASAP. Also re sign Passi and Pettybourne. Release Taylor to go to the super league.

Is the club echoing your sentiments or is it back to square one recruitment wise?

Junior

Is that a hint that Plan B is in effect TF92?? and thats who we will be going after?

I like the thought of Maloney and LG combo with Nona learning the ropes and possibly given shot. 600k a year seems a big price for Maloney though.

Friday tomorrow guys, probably get away with wearing a titans jersey at work or wherever you me be.

Lets show some support.

Junior

Yes, but the rules have since changed, no? Any big name we go after now only has 10 days to stab us in the back

In all seriousness, I'm more than happy to trust you guys who actually know who's hot and who's not in the world of footy. I just don't like Maloney. The whole frickin' shoe thief thing... But, eh, I'll live if that's what Titans HQ decides.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Is the club echoing your sentiments or is it back to square one recruitment wise?
    I wouldn't say we are back to square one but with DCE no longer coming we are able to rethink our plan and go after players that were previously out of our price range because of how much of our cap was taken up by DCE.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Is that a hint that Plan B is in effect TF92?? and thats who we will be going after?

I like the thought of Maloney and LG combo with Nona learning the ropes and possibly given shot. 600k a year seems a big price for Maloney though.
    The club always had a shortlist of replacements since the news of a possible backflip was mentioned but no formal meeting have been held. That will be done over the next 2-3 weeks and hopefully by then we will have a player or players signed to replace DCE. 600k may be a little much but his asking price is a little higher.

I must say I was pissed off yesterday about DCE. I was ready to rip peoples heads off but after a recruitment meeting this mourning I think it will be a blessing in that we can now go for a more well rounded team and not just one big name. One man does not make a team.

Pretty much what I prefer ........so lets get it done then. Simple eh!

- - - Updated - - -

In all seriousness, I'm more than happy to trust you guys who actually know who's hot and who's not in the world of footy. I just don't like Maloney. The whole frickin' shoe thief thing... But, eh, I'll live if that's what Titans HQ decides.
    We have a few blokes playing for us that have done a bit more than just throw a few footy boots away.

"Mourning" I see what you did there.

Please, Just say no to Sandow. We can't be that desperate.

If he did come here, I wonder if Maloney would still make appearances on the footy show - could help with our public profile to a degree.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!