View Poll Results: Who would you like to see as LG's halves partner in 2016?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jamal Fogarty

1 2.17%
  • Christian Hazard

0 0%
  • Karl Lawton

0 0%
  • Trent Hodkinson

6 13.04%
  • Chris Sandow

1 2.17%
  • James Maloney

8 17.39%
  • Mitch Cornish

1 2.17%
  • Moses Mbye (if released)

15 32.61%
  • Ashley Taylor (if released)

2 4.35%
  • Corey Norman (if released)

4 8.70%
  • Todd Carney

3 6.52%
  • Chad Townsend (if released)

0 0%
  • Steve Michaels

2 4.35%
  • Shaun Nona

3 6.52%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Hail Sezer, this thread needs a poll. I feel the need to vote against any idea of Maloney coming on board. Damn, I'd nearly reconsider the Sandow option.

**** it, I'd even settle for our young guns being blooded 'n hire Lockyer to show 'em a thing or two.
    Last edited by Toads; 04-06-15 at 05:39 PM.

I wonder why King is refusing to look at Super League for talent?
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Hail Sezer, this thread needs a poll. I feel the need to vote against any idea of Maloney coming on board. Damn, I'd nearly reconsider the Sandow option.

**** it, I'd even settle for our young guns being blooded 'n hire Lockyer to show 'em a thing or two.
    Poll added

Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    I wonder why King is refusing to look at Super League for talent?
    How many Pommie halves have come to the NRL and succeeded??

I'm not fussed out on missing DCE because our halves is not the biggest problem. We have some talented young halves in Fogarty and Hazard who are capable of playing 1st grade. Our biggest problem is our forwards and lack of leaders/captains in the team.
    Neither Myles, Bird or Zillman are captain material, neither is Douglas.
    Ryan James is the best option of the lot yet this is the first year he's cemented a starting spot.

I'd prefer QLD halves.No to Hodkinson, Maloney and Sandow.

Fogarty and Mbye are my top two options. I rate Hazard as well but I see him as a bench hooker/half basically what Mortimer does for us now.

Two left field options are Shaun Nona and Josh Drinkwater both have been the best halves in the QLD/NSW cup.

I'd really like the club give Fogarty a go. He's not that far from Elgey when it comes to talent, it wasn't long ago Fogarty was the better of the two IMO but then of course came Elgey's breakout year. I'm sure fans and people of the coast would back a young Titan junior and local halves combo over someone like Maloney, Hodkinson and Sandow. And the best part they wouldn't be overpaid.

Dare I mention we should get Page back and if we want a crowd pleasing unknown forward then grab Ottio or a strike centre then Teteh both from the Hunters for a song. I voted Carney but would be very happy with Norman and Fogarty off the bench but some big big thumping pigs is what we really need ... why not Shillo the Pillow, he's showing some form too?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    I'd really like the club give Fogarty a go. He's not that far from Elgey when it comes to talent, it wasn't long ago Fogarty was the better of the two IMO but then of course came Elgey's breakout year. I'm sure fans and people of the coast would back a young Titan junior and local halves combo over someone like Maloney, Hodkinson and Sandow. And the best part they wouldn't be overpaid.
    I disagree with you there mate. I think most people on the Coast want success, and in the shorter term that will be gained by getting an experienced half to go with Elgey. It would be great if two Gold Coast products eventually become the halves but would we have a club by then.
    Had we not wasted the last three years under Cartwright most of us might have more patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    Not too many have come. Millward and Bishop did quite well.

Immortal

My ideal would be Moses but we had him signed to a junior development contract and then basically said to him a few years ago, thanks but no thanks, likely he may not want to come back. Also we had Joe O in our development squads as a 13 year old and now he is a star in the making with the Broncos. Thanks heavens different people are involved with our junior development.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Not too many have come. Millward and Bishop did quite well.
    Hanley
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Much love to the person who voted for Steve Michaels.

I saw Massoud tonight reported that Mbye is our #1 target. However it's highly unlikely that he will be released by the Bulldogs. Glad we are trying though..we have been far too passive in the player market in the past.

Go after Mbye for 2017 and hope the dogs turn on him and release him early in 2016. If we can get him, any stop gap half would be fine for a year or so- Fogarty, Hazard, Walsh, Carney would all sign a one year deal

I can't see the Dogs releasing Mbye. Hodkinson is having an average season and Reynolds is a brainsnap away from a long suspension. He has too much upside for them to let him go.
    Parramatta have Foran coming in and Norman will be surplus to requirements and add the fact that they have cap issues I think he could be released early by them.
    Is Norman a long term option for the team? Not sure but he is an older head that can help steady LG as he grows into his position. Norman also brings versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    Widdop is going alright
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

My order is
    1.Mbye
    2.Maloney
    3.Nona
    4.Norman
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady