Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 2015 Origin 2: NSW vs QLD

2015 Origin 2: NSW vs QLD
    17 June 2015 - MCG
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Cherry-Evans set to be fit for Origin II

Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans is in a race against time to play against the Broncos next week, but should be ready for Origin II.

Cherry-Evans sat out Queensland's Origin I win on Wednesday night because of a shoulder injury and will definitely miss the Sea Eagles' clash with North Queensland in Townsville on Saturday.

His final chance to play ahead of Origin II is when Manly meet Brisbane next Friday.

Manly coach Geoff Toovey said the club was mindful of not exacerbating the injury and while he was touch-and-go to take on the Broncos, he would be right for Origin II at the MCG on June 17.

"I'm pretty sure (Cherry-Evans) will be fit for the second State of Origin, it's just a matter of whether or not he plays for us next week against Brisbane," Toovey said.

"He's doing as much as he can to get back. We're quietly - not confident - but hopeful that he will play (against Brisbane)."

Cherry-Evans has been restricted to rehab on his shoulder at training and has yet to resume contact work.

As the star No.7 battles to be fit, speculation continues to swirl about whether he will backflip on his deal to join the Gold Coast next NRL season.

Manly have until the close of business of Tuesday June 9, the day after the conclusion of round 13, to convince Cherry-Evans to stay.

Toovey would not be drawn on whether the Sea Eagles had offered their halfback an upgraded contract, but he said he was seeking a resolution to the saga soon.

"The quicker a decision is made either way the better for the club," he said.

"We understand what's going on and we're waiting for a decision."

Cherry-Evans will miss Saturday's match with the Cowboys however his halves partner Kieran Foran will return from injury provided he gets through the side's captain's run in Townsville on Friday.

http://www.nrl.com/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

State of Origin II tickets selling fast
    Source: http://www.nrl.com

Only 10,000 general public tickets remain available for Holden State of Origin II at the MCG on June 17 after huge interest in rugby league's showpiece event from Victorians and interstate visitors.

State of Origin is at an all-time high after NSW finally ended Queensland's eight-year dominance by winning the 2014 series, but the Blues are on the back foot following a Maroons victory in game one of the 2015 series in Sydney last month.

Game two of the 2015 series will be held at the iconic MCG for the first time in 18 years.

"On the back of a wonderful crowd at game one in Sydney, ticket sales have been very encouraging in Melbourne as well as in Brisbane," NRL CEO Dave Smith said.

"It will be incredible to see Origin at the MCG for the first time in almost two decades and it is clear the people of Melbourne have embraced the game as well.

"State of Origin continues to be the country's most anticipated sporting contest."

The NSW VB Blues and Queensland XXXX Maroons teams for game two of the series will be announced on Tuesday.

Go to ticketek.com.au/origin, call 132 849 or visit any Ticketek agency to secure your tickets.

All you need to know about State of Origin II in Melbourne.

Injured Storm duo should be fit for Origin
    Source: http://www.nrl.com

Injured Storm pair Cooper Cronk (knee) and Billy Slater (shoulder) should be fit to take their place for Queensland in Holden State of Origin II in 10 days' time, although Cronk will need to have scans to determine the extent of an injury picked up in his side's 20-0 win over Penrith on Saturday night.

Slater missed the game – the second he has sat out in successive weeks – after originally being named, but Storm coach Craig Bellamy said he was close to playing.

He said Cronk, who came off after 60 minutes with a knee injury that may be a torn meniscus, would need scans.

"He's got something wrong with his knee, we don't seem to think it's too serious but he'll have a scan tomorrow and see how we go from there," Bellamy said.

"I'm not quite sure what they think at the moment, the doc and physio just had a look at him there, they don't think it's too serious but until they have a scan we're not quite sure what it is or how bad it is."

Of Slater, he said it had been decided it was best to give the fullback an extra week to recover.

"We thought he'd be ok for this game after having Monday off but didn't come up," he said.

"He's certainly better than what he was last Sunday but still not 100 per cent obviously, he's not going to be 100 per cent, we just thought it best to leave him out of tonight's game and hopefully he'll be able to recover to play in Origin. I'm sure he will."

Storm and Queensland skipper Cameron Smith also said Cronk's injury didn't seem too serious.

"We have to find out a bit more about Cooper, I don't think it's too serious, I think it's quite minor," Smith said.

"We all know he gets on top of his injuries better than anyone else. He'll want to be there for this one [Origin II].

"Bill, I think he was fairly close to playing tonight, he just told coaches he didn't feel he was 100 per cent for the team and didn't want to go out there if he wasn't going to be able to do his job properly but we've got a fair while until that Origin so I'm pretty confident he'll be there for that one."

Cronk appeared to strain the knee when trying to score a try from a Blake Green grubber. He hobbled for a while after that, spent two plays off the field, came back in time to race 80 metres downfield to chase down a Tyrone Peachey intercept run, and was then replaced for the final 20 minutes.

"I think he did it when Blake Green put that kick in that hit near post, zeroed in behind the black dot, he was chasing then when he changed direction that's when he thought he did," Bellamy said.

"He said it felt like someone had knocked into him or knocked knees but that wasn't the case so something was done when he changed direction."

According to Bellamy, Cronk said he didn't really feel the knee during the intercept chase.

"He might not have felt it because of the adrenaline... but when he stopped said he felt it again. If it had been a real tight game he might have stayed on, I'm not sure, but that's when he did it, we thought it was safer to get him off and get him checked out."

Cronk has already been ruled out of Origin 2 so will be interesting to see if Meninga goes with the Cows halves or does he bring in the Gymnist ?
    #itaintweaktospeak

With Cronk out, I'm guessing the backflipper is in. Times like these make me question my support. Both Morgan and Hunt playing much better footy.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Nate Myles still fuming over Paul Gallen’s series of punches in State of Origin

NATE Myles has not forgiven NSW captain Paul Gallen for his infamous series of punches as the Maroons defended their front row enforcer.

Myles and Gallen will make a beeline for each other in State of Origin II when Queensland tries to wrap up the 2015 series at the MCG on Wednesday night.

Gallen missed Game One with a hip injury as Queensland won 11-10 in Sydney.

The Blues have already tagged Myles as their main target for the return bout.

Blues prop James Tamou has named Myles as the chief antagonist and niggler in the Queensland side, something Gallen used as an excuse for his attack on Myles in 2013 that led to punching being banned from the game.

Myles and Gallen have since starred in a depression awareness commercial and spent time in Kangaroos camps together.

But that does not mean everything is rosy between the pair according to Myles, who will pull on a Queensland jersey for the 28th time.

“It’s (our relationship) professional,’’ he said.

“It’s not one where we hang out. Football is the only thing that brings us together.

“It’s something we get to do and fortunately we get to do what we do for a living.

“Off the field we get on with life.

“He’s their leader and the one they look to when they need something.

“I do believe they’ll be a better side with him in it.”

Myles handled himself with dignity after Gallen’s attack but he has been repeatedly tagged as Queensland’s dirtiest player.

The Blues have promised to dish out Myles some of his own medicine but Queensland forward Aidan Guerra defended the Gold Coast Titans captain and said the Maroons played within the rules.

“There are 13 blokes from each side of the field and if someone gets their nose out of joint for copping it where they didn’t want ... well that stuff comes with the territory,” he said.

“Origin has always been a physical game and we have players, as do they, who bring that physicality.

“We are going out there to give our all and I’m sure that is no different to previous Origins.

“It (Game One) was a very physical game.

‘‘Both teams are giving their all.

“It is a hard sport we play.

‘‘State of Origin is a different brand to NRL.

“It always has been and with some luck always will be.”

Myles has been in sensational form for the Titans and rises to another level in the front row for Queensland.

The 29-year-old said his desire to win had grown during Queensland’s eight-year winning streak that ended in 2014.

“I don’t want it (Origin games) to get any easier,” he said.

“These later games now are the ones I’ve been enjoying the most.

“The results affect me a bit more now and I want to make sure every one is a winner.

“I don’t want to take anything for granted when I get these opportunities.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/

How to pick a NSW supporter

Classic DCE booed in Melbourne. I love Victorians now. Maybe the red wine speaking.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

The 10 million dollar man has looked out of his depth so far tonight..

Great battle of outside backs
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post

Looks like a speed bump or turnstiles

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post

Yep agree the gymnast doesn't look up to it whatsoever missed tackle after missed tackle shanked kicks, oh well cronk will be back next game

Sad to say that the Refs have decided the game again.

Cherry Evans was useless tonight, if anything he was a liability, kicking down the throat of NSW every set. Hope Cronk is fit for game 3..if not, stick Morgan there...can't be any worse than DCE.

Absolutely shocking performance by the referees....

However, one positive is that our possible recruit for next year, Hodko, had a cracker of a game. Played wonderful tonight. Hope to see him in Titans colours next year.
    #iwillneverwalkaway