Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

I had an absolute ball tonight. The crowd around me was having a great time. Yep, some bad errors, some terrible calls, but I thought it was a great game from where I sat. Sorry to read some of this stuff. We were in that game the whole way thru. Shook everyone of the players hands after the game and congratulated them.

And we got robbed on the obvious obstruction call.

U
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    15,500 and something.

I must say I am a bit surprised by the comments on here that I have just read on getting home from the game. Thought they are a bit harsh in general.
    I thought two things cost us:

* dumb handling errors - these cannot be excused and mostly happened early in the tackle count. We had 38% possession in the first half including a 2-6 penalty count.
    * I thought the reffing was poor. Nothing new in that but it seemed to me that they were thinking Souths are the premiers and that they watched the Titans far more than them.

I continue to see this year as a rebuilding year and I am not expecting much other than improvement which I think we are getting. There is plenty there to work with if we can get DCE and one or two others.
    Oh and I forgot Burr's error - dislodged or not that was a loose carry. I fail to get excited by him.
    Exactly my thoughts about the game. We hung tough and kept up with Souths. 2014 Titans would have folded. Yes we made errors but I still like what I saw.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    And we got robbed on the obvious obstruction call.
    i agreed with refs
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    i agreed with refs
    Actually so did I....on that one only. Mind you the ref on field said no try. Yet another benefit of the doubt that we were on the wrong side of today. We were picked up for the usual leg pulls etc but when Taylor tried to get a quick play the ball about 5 to go his leg was pulled as he was getting to his feet, nothing.
    The refs performance was indicated early when the wrong player was reported for the leg stretch/pull on Inglis. We caused a fair bit of our own downfall but I am convinced that we didn't get a fair shake today.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 30-05-15 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    i agreed with refs
    You're right, what we should have seen happen is that Burr should have run into Keary's back and flung his hands in the air and dropped to the ground and dropped his bottom lip and scream at the ref, then it would have been a shepard.

I just watched a replay of the match as my son played at the same time & after reading some of the comments I think I may have watched a different game to some ,
    Gordon had a very good 1st half & made one mistake in the 2nd half & he'll make way for Mead when he comes back
    Ryan James gave up 2 penalties & one of them was very debatable, he drops the ball from a great tackle & he's getting bagged...he made 38 very solid tackles
    White is not an NRL player any longer & needs to go
    Taylor is only slightly higher than White for me , a very overrated heavyweight
    Ridge & Burr were average & as good as Roberts was he made more mistakes than anyone else.

When you finish a game & have 41% of the ball it's more than likely you have been beaten & usually by plenty not to mention we completed 21 sets of 34 the score should've been a 40+ point loss...
    #itaintweaktospeak

QLD Cup

I just returned from 3 hours of fishing. That's what it takes to lower the stress and frustration levels from this team. The frustration comes from knowing that this team has what it takes to get into the finals, but this team also has what it takes to shoot it self in the foot. Another lost opportunity.... isn't holding the ball a prerequisite for the job of an NRL footballer? No DCE is going to improve something so basic...

Sure Pete, it's right to blame the low possession/completion ratios but the causes of them are the actual issues and when it's the same players year in year out then …. ah, stuff it, I couldn't be bothered going down that track again.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I just watched a replay of the match as my son played at the same time & after reading some of the comments I think I may have watched a different game to some ,
    Gordon had a very good 1st half & made one mistake in the 2nd half & he'll make way for Mead when he comes back
    He dropped the ball cold 20 metres out from our own line.
    He put in a kick that went all of 3 metres and straight to an opposition player.

Zillman-like qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    He put in a kick that went all of 3 metres and straight to an opposition player.

Zillman-like qualities.
    Not only dropped it cold, Souths scored three plays later to essentially put us out of the game. Too much lair and not enough footballer in Kevvy I'm afraid. Certainly should try and get some refund on his $300k if he can be cut and pick up a deal elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post

Zillman-like qualities.
    He wouldnt be the only player to drop the ball cold today.

You got the 2 James doing 3 times the errors that Zillman does week in week out, lucky the boys can play
    Last edited by teke; 30-05-15 at 11:37 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Why is it so hard for this team to hold onto the ball?

Or be the most penalised player in the League … (1) get a haircut so you don't stand out, (2) change your style and (3) aggression doesn't mean stupidity, if you're going to go high then knock the bastards out don't just tap them and give a penalty (there, I've said it).

Also, have I been watching different games? Has Don been playing left and Roberts right until yesterday … what's this Titans lethal right side stuff Roberts/Don all over the media?
    Last edited by Titanic; 31-05-15 at 10:42 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Or be the most penalised player in the League … (1) get a haircut so you don't stand out, (2) change your style and (3) aggression doesn't mean stupidity, if you're going to go high then knock the bastards out don't just tap them and give a penalty (there, I've said it).

Also, have I been watching different games? Has Don been playing left and Roberts right until yesterday … what's this Titans lethal right side stuff Roberts/Don all over the media?
    Just on that haircut business, hasn't Ryan James publicly come out and stated a few times he would cut his hair for Cancer? Shame on him for not doing !
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]