Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Just heard on the radio that Beau Falloon has dislocated his wrist at training this morning.
    Yeah Sezer in doubt too

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yeah Sezer in doubt too
    Give Hazard a go just don't put Zillman at 6
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Give Hazard a go just don't put Zillman at 6
    What about Fogarty Pete?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I would take Hala at 6 before Zillman.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Whats wrong with Sezer?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Whats wrong with Sezer?
    Sore Hammy
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Titans expecting Inglis to back up

Greg Inglis makes a run against the Titans in 2014. Credit: Col Whelan. Copyright: NRL Photos.
    He has been hospitalised for a number of days with a bout of tonsilitis but Titans fullback Josh Hoffman expects to see Greg Inglis lead the Rabbitohs on to Cbus Super Stadium when the two teams meet on Saturday afternoon.

As Gold Coast players returned to training on Monday after a bye weekend in which they participated in a team camp at Casuarina before being granted a long weekend, Inglis was the subject of intense media scrutiny as to whether he would take his place for Queensland on Wednesday night.

Should he recover in time to play in the Origin Series opener – as is expected – Inglis will have less than 72 hours to prepare for South Sydney's assignment on the Gold Coast after what is sure to be another brutal interstate encounter.

While he would be grateful for Inglis' absence, Hoffman said he and the rest of the Titans will prepare as though the South Sydney skipper will be there at 3pm on Saturday.

"Me and him, personally we've had some close encounters and he's knocked me over a couple of times and it would be a big loss for Souths if he doesn't play but we'll just wait and see after the Origin," said Hoffman.

"I'm sure he'll back up and he'll bring a lot of leadership and experience. They can produce anything on the day, it's just a matter of trying to contain those superstars.

"A player like him, he's pretty hard to stop. He's got great ball skills, he's just naturally talented, he's a freak of nature and just hard to stop.

"Our job is to get as many defenders in the tackle as possible and hopefully wrestle him and limit his time and make him chase the ball."

Although much focus later in the week will centre on Inglis's availability for the Rabbitohs, the Titans are not without their own injury concerns with Aidan Sezer (hamstring) and Beau Falloon (wrist) both failing to complete the session while David Mead's hamstring injury suffered against the Sharks appears certain to rule him out for at least a week.

Coming back from a shoulder injury, Falloon was left reeling out of an attempted tackle on Luke Douglas at training on Monday morning with an assessment on the extent of the injury to be made on Monday afternoon.

"I just took a hit-up, a bit of an innocuous shot and he got caught in between me and Eddy [Pettybourne]," Douglas said.

"I don't know the full extent of the injury but not too good first day back after a break. He'll get looked at and hopefully he's all good."

There is better news with regards to Mead's injury and his potential replacements with both Kevin Gordon (Burleigh) and Kalifa Faifai Loa (Tweed Heads) in good form in the Intrust Super Cup in recent weeks.

Faifai Loa is believed to be the front-runner to replace Mead having represented the Queensland Residents during the representative round but Gordon gave coach Neil Henry something to consider with a try in Burleigh's win over Mackay on Sunday.

"They've been playing really good with their respective Queensland Cup sides so we've got some great depth there in the outside backs," said Hoffman.

"Whoever comes in and does the job I'm sure they'll do a great one."

http://www.nrl.com/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Tickets for the game http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...spx?sh=TIT1215

We are going to need plenty of Titans supporters to show up to face down the Rabbit fans.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I would really like to see fogarty or hazard play

Missus reminded me today that it's our 16th wedding anniversary on Saturday. I told her it will be cold at the footy so we can cuddle there.

If Sezer is out then they'll just put Morts to 6 and Srama in to the 17 I'd imagine

Gold Coast Titans half Kane Elgey set for goal kicking duties if Sezer injured
    JACK HARBOUR GOLD COAST BULLETIN MAY 26, 2015 12:00AM

Titans halfback Kane Elgey could be forced to take on the goal kicking duties this weekend.

AN injury scare for five-eighth Aidan Sezer could hand Kane Elgey the chance to produce another element from his impressive kitbag with the half likely to take over goal kicking duties for the Titans.

Elgey, 21, looms as the likely kicker with Sezer in doubt for Saturday’s clash with reigning premiers the Rabbitohs.

One player who won’t be putting his hand up in a hurry is fullback Josh Hoffman. He said the Titans were not without options.

“I’m probably down at the bottom of the pecking order,” he said. “Kane’s got a nice boot on him and also Daniel Mortimer’s got a boot on him so there are a few boys who have got experience at goal kicking.

“Aidan’s just treating his hammy and taking the precaution with that.”

Hoffman said he had confidence in either Kalifa Faifai Loa or Kevin Gordon to replace David Mead who also has a hamstring injury. But if Gordon is called up, the Titans have another kicking option.

Hoffman expects Souths skipper Greg Inglis to back up from Origin I, admitting GI had been factored into strategy conversations. “I’m hoping (Greg doesn’t turn up). We’ve had some pretty close encounters – he’s knocked me over a few times but it will be a big loss for Souths if he doesn’t play,” he said.

Titans prop Luke Douglas said the Origin period was an opportunity for the Gold Coast to get ahead, and highlighted the Titans’ lacklustre record at home as a key area of improvement ahead of Saturday’s Cbus Super Stadium clash.

“We haven’t got too many wins at home so it’s something we’re trying to work on, not just for ourselves but the supporters who get down there every week,” he said.

“Origin period is that massive chance for us to try to get a few wins under our belts.”

The 21-year-old halfback could find himself the go-to man this weekend with Sezer in doubt ahead of Saturday’s clash with reigning premiers the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

But the injury woes didn’t stop there for the Titans.

Hooker Beau Falloon immediately left the field during what club officials described as an “innocuous” defensive drill yesterday morning but whether the injury is likely to impact on his hopes for the weekend remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Cherry-Evans View Post
    What about Fogarty Pete?

Another good player but I think Hazard is better but I'd be happy with Titanics option too

- - - Updated - - -

In my opinion Elgey is a better kicker than Sezar at every level
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think we'll see:

Hoffman
    Don
    Roberts
    Zillman
    KFFL
    Sezer
    LG
    Douglas
    Moseley
    Myles
    James
    Taylor
    Burr

Petty
    White
    Ridge
    Mortimer
    Paasi (18th man)
    Srama (19th in case Sezer injured, morts will go to 6)

Titans team vs Rabbitohs

1 – Josh Hoffman

2 – Anthony Don

3 – James Roberts

4 – William Zillman

5 – Kevin Gordon

6 – Aidan Sezer

7 – Kane Elgey

8 – Luke Douglas

9 – Kierran Moseley

10 – Nate Myles (capt)

11- Ryan James

12 – Dave Taylor

13 – Lachlan Burr

Interchange

14 – Matthew White

15 – Eddy Pettybourne

16 – Ben Ridge

17 – Daniel Mortimer

18 – Mark Ioane

Titans home crowd favourite Kevin Gordon returns to the Titans side for Saturday’s home clash with premiers South Sydney, replacing the injured David Mead (hamstring).

It is the first time since being injured after the round one clash with Wests Tigers that Gordon, locked in a close battle with Mead as the club’s top try-scorers in the nine-season history, has been in the line-up.

“It was a very close call between Kevin and Kalifa Faifai Loa who has also been in good form for Seagulls and made the Queensland Residents side, but Kevin just got the nod,” said coach Neil Henry.

Ben Ridge, a late call-up into the side that played the Sharks in round 10, retains his spot with Mark Ioane 18th man.

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/0...n_returns.html
    #iwillneverwalkaway