Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 2015 Origin 1: NSW vs QLD

NSW vs QLD
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

This is the year when Queensland win 3-0 and smash the Blues. No excuses.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    This is the year when Queensland win 3-0 and smash the Blues. No excuses.
    hahaha keep dreaming mate NSW will win this year

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    hahaha keep dreaming mate NSW will win this year
    Not a chance in hell if the leaked team is the team actually chosen .... & I am a Blue
    #itaintweaktospeak

I'm with you Pete!

Yes.... yes.... agree...

I love this jersey

And Artie is a True Blue? ... he'll rise from his grave and stick it right up the NSWailers' clackers ... as if Qld has ever needed any motivation.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Good to see that Ryan James' form is being rewarded:

"St George Illawarra's Tyson Frizell, Penrith's Matt Moylan and Gold Coast's Ryan James were called into camp in Coffs Harbour on Tuesday night as part of the Blues' extended squad, ..."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/s...19-gh54uc.html

I like our pack and backrow , but halves we have we will loose for sure.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Suspended enforcer Greg Bird to take on NSW Origin team today
    Sydney Morning Herald

SUSPENDED NSW Origin forward Greg Bird will switch state allegiances today.

But Bird has no plans to turn Maroon for anything more than 24 hours.

Ineligible for NSW selection following his eight-game suspension for a dangerous throw earlier this month, Bird is still allowed under NRL rules to train with the squad and has arrived in Blues camp in Coffs Harbour to assist his teammates.

But the influential NSW veteran could be in for a rude shock when he steps out to act as Queensland’s Johnathan Thurston in today’s crucial opposed training session with the Blues.

The NSWRL will today fly five rising Holden Cup stars – Manly’s Tom Trbojevic, Cronulla’s Brad Deitz, Penrith’s Brent Naden and the Sydney Roosters’ Joey Lussick and Paul Momirovski – into Coffs for the opposed session.

They will join NSW’s three development players – Matt Moylan, Tyson Frizell and Ryan James – along with the NSW bench of David Klemmer, Andrew Fifita, Trent Merrin and Boyd Cordner as opposition. NSW will have opposed sessions today and tomorrow.

“These blokes are good young players,” NSW coach Laurie Daley said.

“We thought it would be good for them to get a bit of experience and see how an Origin camp operates.”

NSWRL general manager of football Barrie-Jon Mather said: “We are trying to get some quality opposition and trying to use some of our pathway players.

“We can see these young players coming through in the future.

“It will be good for them to get some experience in a State of Origin camp.”

The aim of the session is for NSW to simulate their game plan and how they plan to attack and defend against Queensland in Game One on Wednesday night.

Bird laughed when he said “he would put on the Queensland seven jumper’’ during the session.

But he answered with a much more serious tone when asked, if eligible, should he have been chosen at five-eighth, as Immortal Andrew Johns had suggested before the selection of NSW five-eighth Mitchell Pearce.

“I couldn’t be happier with the whole team,” Bird said.

“If I had the opportunity to pick the team, I would’ve picked the exact same players. I think Pearcey, ever since he missed the series last year, his game has gone up another level and the form he’s showed at the start of this season, he definitely deserves a spot in this side.

“Their two games will complement each other. Pearcey has got a sharp step and Hodko (Trent Hodkinson) will direct the team around and give them what they need.

“The two halves that Queensland have have been effective for them and there’s no reason why our boys can’t do the same thing.

“I hope those guys can work up a combination that is going to last in the NSW side, not just this series but moving forward into the future.”

HKRL will be holding their first ever Origin event at Pulse Bar. It's pleasing to have our own events. Should also be a great recruitment tool.

Looks like Game 1 is approaching a sell out.

Chambers itching for Origin glory

Will Chambers in his Origin debut for Queensland in 2014. Credit: Robb Cox. Copyright: NRL Photos.
    It was the Origin itch he simply had to scratch and now that he is entrenched in the Maroons set-up Will Chambers is determined to continue the legacy established by senior Queensland players over the past decade.

In 2014 Chambers joined Willie Carne and Wendell Sailor as the only three players to have represented Queensland in both Origin and Super Rugby with Karmichael Hunt joining that exclusive club earlier this year.

But while both Carne, Sailor and Hunt's first representative honours were in rugby league, Chambers created his own unique slice of history by becoming the first Super Rugby player to then go on to play Origin for Queensland.

The 26-year-old had a two-year dalliance with rugby union after first spending three years with the Melbourne Storm and as he prepares for his second match for the Maroons said it was the lure of an Origin jersey that convinced him to come back to rugby league in 2012.

"It was just a great learning curve," Chambers said of his rugby stint that saw him play 23 Super Rugby games for the Reds before a short stint with Munster in Ireland.

"I got outside of that Melbourne coaching philosophy and I learnt a bit about myself. Some say I was a bit comfortable in Melbourne and that got me outside of that and it made me miss rugby league in some senses.

"I wanted to come back and play State of Origin and play for my country. I always had a goal growing up to do that and while I was playing the other game, it sort of itched at me to come back and give it one last crack.

"I'm very thankful [Storm football manager] Frank Ponissi flew over to Ireland to sign me. It was something I'll always remember and I'm forever thankful to the Storm."

Chambers had played just 42 NRL games when he switched codes but said he always intended to make a return.

Having played rugby while attending famed Brisbane school St Joseph's College, Chambers benefited from the exposure to some of the nation's best rugby players but said there was a very different feeling in pulling on the Maroons jersey in Game Three last year.

"You play that New South Wales-Queensland rivalry in rugby union and it's obviously built up as well but the Reds jersey is a week-to-week jersey, this is a one-off occasion," he said.

"You get three cracks at this whereas when I was at the Reds... It has the same meaning as Queensland but it was more of a club thing.

"I left rugby league on good terms," he added. "I went there open-minded and to see how it panned out. I played rugby at school and always wanted another crack.

"They helped me in rugby, especially early on, Willy [Genia] and Quade [Cooper] helped me a lot with my footy and made it really enjoyable up here."

Having already been chosen ahead of him for the Anzac Test against the Kiwis earlier this month, Chambers is now being groomed as a successor to Justin Hodges who is likely to be playing in his final Origin Series.

Chambers admitted that he had to pinch himself during training sessions ahead of his Origin debut last year and that he is taking every opportunity to soak in Hodges' experience while he still can.

"I'm honoured to play in this group of boys and especially outside 'Hodgo'," said Chambers. "He just gives me so much confidence and talks to you and pumps you up.

"If this is his last camp I'll pick his brains as much as I possibly can. If I can do half as much as he's done for this state I'll be very happy."

http://www.nrl.com/

It’s been far from ideal but Mal says Maroons will be all right on the night
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/

MAROONS coach Mal Meninga is adamant Queensland’s interrupted State of Origin preparation won’t come back to haunt them.

The Maroons left their Sanctuary Cove base on the Gold Coast yesterday bound for Sydney following an eventful five days.

The team arrived on the Gold Coast last Wednesday with utility Daly Cherry-Evans immediately ruled out due to a shoulder injury.

Doubts hovered over fullback Billy Slater’s fitness until he trained for the first time on Friday but his availability was offset by injury and illness clouds hanging over centres Justin Hodges and Greg Inglis.

Hodges took to the field for the first time yesterday despite sporting stitches in his foot due to a barefoot bicycle accident.

Inglis made a brief appearance after being released from a three-day stint in hospital due to tonsillitis and did not take any part in the penultimate training run.

In contrast, the Blues have had a silky smooth preparation to date at Coffs Harbour with no injury concerns.

The Maroons will train for the final time at ANZ Stadium tomorrow before Wednesday’s series opener but Meninga played down any concerns over his side’s preparation.

“Greg’s played 24 Origin games so he’s fine. He trained with us early in the week as well so he knows our systems. Our systems don’t change and he knows how we want to play so he’s fine,” Meninga said.

“He’s smart enough to tell me that if he’s not 100 per cent well he would jeopardise the team but I think he’ll be fine.

“We’ll monitor it over the next few days but we’ve still got four days so we’ll be fine.

“We have a lot of downtime. We try to freshen up our players both physically and mentally so a session like (yesterday) is crucial to our preparation. We like to get everything right and we’d like to train at game standards.”

Standby centre Dane Gagai was released back to Newcastle on Saturday in the strongest indication yet that Inglis will take the field.

The Maroons had a solid 90-minute hit-out before flying out of Brisbane and veteran forward Sam Thaiday said Inglis would be ready to go.

“You kind of get used to these things now these days, especially with representative teams,” he said.

“You have players who are saved up to the last minute to train and they usually get on the field, and play the best game of footy of their lives.

“Hopefully, that is the same in this case.

“Being in the hospital for three days all by himself, he’ll be jumping around and keen to get out there and prove a point not just to the boys here but everyone else out there as well.”

The Maroons will spend 10 days in Melbourne before Game Two but will return to Sanctuary Cove in the lead-up to the final game of the series at Suncorp Stadium.