Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Coach Neil Henry is a fan of Bird’s on-field tenacity and competitiveness while the playing group has noticed a positive shift in his training, off-field standards and approach to the game this year.
    It is this sentence that worries me. So he was a lazy trainer? Party animal?
    I like what Bird brings to the game with his effort and aggression but his leadership IMO is lacking.

- - - Updated - - -

Friend and Mead sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I like what Bird brings to the game with his effort and aggression but his leadership IMO is lacking.

- - - Updated - - -

Friend and Mead sounds good.
    I read that as he realised what he has done and he is trying to make amends. While he was stood down and whilst he sat out for 8 weeks he could have switched off like Myles and done nothing. Instead he tried to do everything he could off the field cause he wasn't allowed on the field.

Bird should be captain. We need a leader who talks on the field and leads by example in his work ethic.

Just needs to sort his off field stuff out.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    That's a good point.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

So what's everyone's opinion on this now?

My thoughts are that since we are trying to rebuild our franchise and clear our name we should appoint Douglas as the captain. However I'm sure Bird will still be an on field leader and talk the boys up.

Just think that Dougie is a better face for the club and Bird can do his leading on the field.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    So what's everyone's opinion on this now?

My thoughts are that since we are trying to rebuild our franchise and clear our name we should appoint Douglas as the captain. However I'm sure Bird will still be an on field leader and talk the boys up.

Just think that Dougie is a better face for the club and Bird can do his leading on the field.
    Couldn't agree more. Make douglas the face of the club but let birdie talk the boys up.

I Like douglas but he doesn't scream captain to me, plus he is off half of the game. Bird also gets suspended too much, if he goes a year without I would think about it next year, also he has to stop those weak dives he does. its a hard one... I would have LG as captain in a year or two but there are only a handful of players in our team atm who could. Zillman, Bird, Douglas and james... Not sure if I would want any of them as captain personally.
    Thinking bird as it might help him clam down and take ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    I Like douglas but he doesn't scream captain to me, plus he is off half of the game. Bird also gets suspended too much, if he goes a year without I would think about it next year, also he has to stop those weak dives he does. its a hard one... I would have LG as captain in a year or two but there are only a handful of players in our team atm who could. Zillman, Bird, Douglas and james... Not sure if I would want any of them as captain personally.
    Thinking bird as it might help him clam down and take ownership.
    Don't know if that last bit is correct..remember when he was captain in 2014 and he ended up urinating in public on his wedding day.

Douglas isn't a talker but he is a cleanskin and would be the perfect face of our club and eventually we can give it to LG or James. We are in the start of trying to clear our bad image.

While I do love Birdy it is unfortunate that he always seems to stuff up. If we do give him captain he has to be on his last chance. Because him as the face of our club doesn't make us look like a clean club.

I would go:
    Douglas - off field captain who represents us in the media etc
    Bird - on field leadership role to fire up the boys and lead by example
    #iwillneverwalkaway

How long has friend got left? I reckon he would be a goot short term option

What about mead? Mead or friendy imo

Mead will be picked in every game, never gets replaced or suspended, has a very good reputation and can lead by example but can he talk? He would get my vote just in front of Douglas.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

captain needs to play 80min i think-- mead would be great

i personally wouldnt mind birdy

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Mead will be picked in every game, never gets replaced or suspended, has a very good reputation and can lead by example but can he talk? He would get my vote just in front of Douglas.
    I've heard him say pass me the *** ball, shift it right about 2 mill times a game.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I have said it before but my issue with Bird is his on field interaction with the referees. Good captains talk to the refs, he yells at them.. We won't win any penalty counts with him as captain. His individual play as captain is outstanding but a captain is more than that. A good captain is someone who the referees respect on a team and I don't think he is viewed that way by officials.
    Give it to Friend with Bird as vc might work.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I've heard him say pass me the *** ball, shift it right about 2 mill times a game.
    That's my point, hardly effective sadly ... maybe getting the (c) would help that.
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-01-16 at 08:56 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.