Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Not confirmed in print but it's true
    Well I will be 50% happy with the captains.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

just to be clear, is the work horse dougie?

teach me how to dougie, teach me teach me how to dougie

Titan Pete you were 100% correct.

@badel_cmail: Breaking: titans tipped to unveil will zillman and nathan friend as co captains. Greg bird snubbed
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Zillman FFS. What a joke.

I'm just gonna leave my judgements until we see the team play. Not happy with Zillman being named but who knows maybe it will bring the best out of him
    #iwillneverwalkaway

This obviously means that Henry will be running Zillman out onto the field every week. Next, a new 5 year contract.

Zillman an NRL first grader? Not in a million, zillion years ... and captain, you've got to be joking
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Dunno whether to laugh or cry..

Though I am pleased Friendy got it over Birdy.

Well at least I have an answer when the membership people call back. This just shows how out of touch and disconnected from this community the Titans are. NFI.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Titan Pete you were 100% correct.

@badel_cmail: Breaking: titans tipped to unveil will zillman and nathan friend as co captains. Greg bird snubbed
    Why would you doubt me
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

THE MEDDLER FEBRUARY 18, 2016 9:42 AM

Yesterday’s co-captaincy announcement by the Gold Coast Titans is a victory for common sense, for the entire Titans supporter base and most importantly, for the Meddler!!

That’s right folks, it may be a little selfish but by Joey, I’ve been working harder than James Roberts’ contract lawyers for the last few seasons to bring to light the path of common sense that the Titans need to begin to trudge down.

After almost two years of stories about all the absolutely inept business, strategic and team decisions the Titans have made in recent years, finally someone at Robina has listened.

Finally, the path of sense, team, club, culture and community has been chosen.

It is indeed a joyous week to love footy on the Gold Coast.

For those of you who haven’t heard, Titans coach Neil Henry announced this week that returning club legend Nathan Friend and long-serving custodian Will Zillman (aka Reverse-Benjamin Button) are to be the Titans co-captains for the 2016 season.

But I can’t take all the credit for helping the Titans bigwigs come to their collective senses regarding the building of inspirational, sustainable club/regional sporting culture.

Well I can, but I probably shouldn’t.

This is a big win for Titans fans.

We’ve picked two cleanskins.

Sure they aren’t the most inspirational players and yeh, maybe they are a few seasons past winning games of footy off their own brilliance (would love to be proven wrong though this season!).

But what they are is safe.

They are two players who are more likely to help a nanna across a pedestrian crossing than drunkenly stumble onto her front lawn and urinate on (sorry Greg, near) her car.

They are both also unlikely to be there in 2018, when the likes of Taylor and Elgey are at the peak of their prodigious powers winning Gold Coast hearts and minds with that little (C) next to their names on the team sheet. .

It is a safe interim option that has succession plan written all over it.

All round, it is just plain smart.

This latest decision from Titans HQ represents (hopefully) a dramatic shift in thinking that could indicate the club is finally starting to grasp how to play in the big leagues.

And with that in mind we here at the Meddler wish to do something we’ve not done in almost two whole years and say a big, loud and unequivocal WELL DONE to the Gold Coast Titans.

The Meddler
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Titanic marketing strategy following:

C'mon you pussies, register for our Fantasy and Tipping comps and ... ya friggin' sheilas!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.