Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Myles was far from poor, Sezer just can't lead a team like others can
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

finding it really hard to support this club right now. Not even joking...we looked better for a few games there but now it seems like we're back to square one.

I am all for looking for positives in games but it's getting to the point where even that is getting really old. It's no wonder our crowds are dead. We just lost to a rubbish team being the Sharks.

sorry, just feeling a bit down after that loss...and getting impatient with the so called 'rebuilding phase' of this club.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 16-05-15 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    finding it really hard to support this club right now. Not even joking...we looked better for a few games there but now it seems like we're back to square one.
    The position the Titans are in now is why they chased Dce so hard. The gamble will pay off in the future
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    The position the Titans are in now is why they chased Dce so hard. The gamble will pay off in the future
    Agree absolutely, we really had no choice otherwise we would just have faded away into obserurity

love the optimism re DCE but I have my doubts. Too many ineffective forwards to make us any good yardage for our halves to begin with. We were lucky we had so many piggyback penalties and Sharks errors to help us get down their end. White needs to go, and I'm not sure what everyone sees in Ben Ridge - ineffective, again.

downvote me for or whatever for picking on individual performances but I believe our forwards are the biggest problem in this team right now.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 16-05-15 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Myles was far from poor, Sezer just can't lead a team like others can
    myles errors were costly. and his constant efforts trying to one-up fafita instead distracted him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    love the optimism re DCE but I have my doubts. Too many ineffective forwards to make us any good yardage for our halves to begin with. We were lucky we had so many piggyback penalties and Sharks errors to help us get down their end. White needs to go, and I'm not sure what everyone sees in Ben Ridge - ineffective, again.

downvote me for or whatever for picking on individual performances but I believe our forwards are the biggest problem in this team right now.
    i totally agree. i dont dislike White or Ridge, they just aren't very NRL relevant. in a game where the fifita bros, ennis, luke lewis and wade graham are all aggressively smashing into you, you cant leave it all to Ryan James and even Nate Myles to stand up.

i would be suprised if either got a new contract when that time comes.

At 16-4 up no one was bleating.
    Yeah we lost, crappy at any time via golden point, but given the bench was down to 1 we still competed. Granted the 2nd half wasn't the best but we still competed and we didn't stop.
    Years gone by we didn't do that.
    You can't overlook the fact we have raw talent in there that will take time to gain experience like some of their opposition.
    I'm disappointed we snatched defeat there......but I'm still in a better place and feel better about things than 12 months ago

Junior

Burr was very poor in defense IMO, got dominated in contact continually but credit to him he kept going at it. Sezers game was poor. Was good to see Meady open up in full flight again, although perhaps a niggle is what has held him back in previous weeks and it tore tonight. Would love to see Roberts in a fullback type role that zillman plays to allow him to roam the field, Roberts onto one of those LG inside balls would be the goods. Duplicate James and his attitude in all facets of play an we would have a decent pack.

That was a terrible game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    That's not true. I said from the beginning it was a bludger of a game because both teams were rubbish tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Yeah we lost, crappy at any time via golden point, but given the bench was down to 1 we still competed. Granted the 2nd half wasn't the best but we still competed and we didn't stop.
    Years gone by we didn't do that.
    You can't overlook the fact we have raw talent in there that will take time to gain experience like some of their opposition.
    I'm disappointed we snatched defeat there......but I'm still in a better place and feel better about things than 12 months ago
    the raw talent wasnt the main problem, which is the problem.

but i am also in a much better place. i think most people still feel optimistic, but we have taken a step backwards in the last few rounds which is shame, but not totally unexpected
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 16-05-15 at 09:45 PM.

QLD Cup

am I right in saying that in the first game of the season last year Sezer missed a shot at goal that would have won it for us? not saying it's his fault it just seems that whenever the Titans and Sharks play each other they compete to see who can loose it in the ugliest way! not feeling overly down my expectations this. year aren't very high.

Agree with most what has been said. It really just came down to some absolute clanger errors that cost that game. Kick off out on the full, Myles dropping the ball first tackle when we were in a great position, Don dropping a sitter bomb, two kick charge downs. I just cannot get wrapped in Burr the way some others on here do - his stats seemed good but most have overlooked that he dropped the ball which gave them their try just on half time. Instead of going in 14-0, they get confidence by scoring on halftime. That was a crucial error and he has made a few in other games. Yes I know he is young and I am prepared to give him time but I am not going to sugar coat anything.
    That first set of six of ours in golden point was just horrible. When quick play the balls and strong running was needed we barely made the 30 before a poor kick was done.
    Lets face it we played sh1te and just got pipped which would have been a big loss last year. As DB said it's a shame the last two games have taken the gloss off the improvement but I still believe there is plenty to work with.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 16-05-15 at 11:07 PM.

Junior

Can anyone explain to me why we opted to take the two points on two occasions when we had decent chances of getting tries instead. I'm talking about the two penalties (or was it three? I'm drinking to try and forget...) we had in the first and second halves.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle Titan View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why we opted to take the two points on two occasions when we had decent chances of getting tries instead. I'm talking about the two penalties (or was it three? I'm drinking to try and forget...) we had in the first and second halves.
    I actually thought that they were the right decisions to take the two points as from memory one put us 12 points clear at the time and the other put us 8 up. Might be wrong but I always think you should take points if the y put you a converted try or better in front. Plus they were easy kicks and a guaranteed two points.
    The people I was sitting with certainly would have taken the kicks. (your not the coach of the Under 20's are you? Just joking but they trailed by two points and did not take a penalty goal attempt straight in front with 5 to go. They didn't score and lost by two points).
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 16-05-15 at 11:02 PM.

3 penalties. im not sure why we went for them. its quite trendy at the moment in league to get ahead and take any shots at goal that come up.

i personally think we should have tried to score, but we did get 6 points from three visits up there, so unless anyone believes would have scored at least twice from those three chances had we tapped it...6 points is ok.

of course it takes us into alternate realities as taking the first tap changes everything thereafter...but that's too deep to go into after a heartbreaker.