Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Naming of teams for each round

Naming of teams for each round

When naming teams for each round, if we can create the ONE thread to discuss the game (before and after), it would be appreciated.

For example

Round 1: North QLD vs Brisbane

Post Brisbane team here

Post North QLD team here

etc

etc

Makes the forum a little more user friendly

Titan CEO

You may have noticed the Team listings have changed in format this week. We would appreciate it if when naming teams you would include the following format:

Name Teams (colour coded)
    Date/time/location of the match
    Name Referee
    Team notes: could consist of team changes, suspensions and injuries...or any intresting stats you feel would be useful.

This is so that we can give members all the information they require for the coming week of Rugby League games.

Thank you

Junior Titan

This thread has really taken off.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by wesseristilllovethee
    This thread has really taken off.
    This thread isnt for "taking off" its to let members know what to do when naming teams.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk
    This thread isnt for "taking off" its to let members know what to do when naming teams.
    Just saying, compared to most threads that get stickied this has had minimal responses.

Titan CEO

Well thats good because its purpose isnt for posting in.

Hey mods

Just moved this thread into the mod lounge to see what your opinons are on the naming of teams for rounds in 2007.

Should we keep going with the current format? Is there any changes needed to the format? etc

Also I had the idea of a "roster" type system within the mod team i.e. I would shotgun Broncos game threads, BDT_311 could shotgun Bulldog games, DeeGan or DIEHARD could take on the Titans game threads etc.

The reason why I thought of this is because I get disappointed when I see some other game threads that get done by others members that havent put in the effort of getting the team changes and the doing the pain staking formatting . And I know that the mod team can deliever 100% of the time.

Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    Also I had the idea of a "roster" type system within the mod team i.e. I would shotgun Broncos game threads, BDT_311 could shotgun Bulldog games, DeeGan or DIEHARD could take on the Titans game threads etc.

The reason why I thought of this is because I get disappointed when I see some other game threads that get done by others members that havent put in the effort of getting the team changes and the doing the pain staking formatting . And I know that the mod team can deliever 100% of the time.

Your thoughts?
    Yea great idea mate! No doubt you put the most effort in and set the standard we should all follow.

If DeeGan wanted Titans, I could go Souths and maybe Steve Cowboys. Cronk could go Storm and Dakink Dragons. Thats with all hands on deck.

How about the idea of putting Gold Coast v WHOEVER match threads in the Gold Coast Titans forum?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Yea great idea mate! No doubt you put the most effort in and set the standard we should all follow.

If DeeGan wanted Titans, I could go Souths and maybe Steve Cowboys. Cronk could go Storm and Dakink Dragons. Thats with all hands on deck.

How about the idea of putting Gold Coast v WHOEVER match threads in the Gold Coast Titans forum?
    Yup that will work

I like the idea... it will mean that it may take a while for the thread to come up though, as not all of us are available all the time...

I do think it's the best option though, and I also would like the opportunity to bring up the idea of editing results threads that members post up for games... as I feel that isn't always done to the highest quality either.

Also, I wanted to bring this up at the start of next season, but I will bring it up now seeing as it's here...

I reckon we need to clearly define how people should post up scores whilst a match is still on.

I know it won't be as much of a problem as before as most games are live next season... however I get annoyed when people just post the scores to game when those who are to watch it an hour later due to FOX or 9 haven't seen it yet. What is the use of watching a game when you know the score.

Therefore I am suggesting that anyone who posts the score, has to do it in either white or light grey font colour... as it ensures the score is harder to read off the forum background... and if anyone wants to read it, they highlight the written word.

What do you all think... I know the simple answer is that if you are wanting to watch a game, don't go into the thread, but sometimes you want to see the teams and then you get the score instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    I reckon we need to clearly define how people should post up scores whilst a match is still on.

I know it won't be as much of a problem as before as most games are live next season... however I get annoyed when people just post the scores to game when those who are to watch it an hour later due to FOX or 9 haven't seen it yet. What is the use of watching a game when you know the score.

Therefore I am suggesting that anyone who posts the score, has to do it in either white or light grey font colour... as it ensures the score is harder to read off the forum background... and if anyone wants to read it, they highlight the written word.

What do you all think... I know the simple answer is that if you are wanting to watch a game, don't go into the thread, but sometimes you want to see the teams and then you get the score instead.
    Yeah members need to clearly define the scores as spoilers (although half the time the person who post the score is just copy and pasting from another website and doesn't realise that the game isn't on TV live )

Friday night games shouldn't be too much of a problem as they will be shown live on channel nine (correct me if im wrong).

However I do agree spoilers need to be clearly marked as spoilers and they would need to be coloured white.

Come up with a "concrete template" and announce it to the forum.

I am sure there will no issues amongst the mod team. I loved the job Queenslander did last year, can't go wrong there.

Hopefully this makes sense, this was my idea for a "Concrete Template"

Thread Title:

NRL 2007: Round 1: Broncos vs Cowboys

Thread Content:

SIZE 5 Text, Bolded and Colour Coded:
    Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys
    Size 4 Text, Italic:
    Suncorp Stadium; Friday 16th March 2007, 7:30pm

Team Notes:

Broncos
    Enter Team Changes/Interesting Facts etc Here
    Cowboys