Thread: Punching

Default Punching

Just thought I would say that we are definitely Punching above where anyone thought we would be at this moment in the season sitting 7th & at worst will be 8th after today when you consider we are 4 points off the top of the table & we were robbed of 2 wins against the Tigers & Knights..

I'm not suggesting anything of where we will finish but we have become probably along with the Cows one of the most exciting attacking teams in the comp.....what a change

Thank you King for letting them play Footy
    #itaintweaktospeak

I am just loving the way the team is playing. Fast, expansive football. In years gone by we would go three weeks without seeing a winger or centre in space - now we have them running amok on a weekly basis.

I had a significant bet on the Titans OVER 7.5 season wins at the start of the season, before all of the drugs rubbish broke. After the first three weeks I was ready to use my betting ticket as confetti. 4 wins from our past 5 and all of a sudden the bet is looking likely to land.

It's not a time to bag the old coach as that is in the past, but many of us on here who used to criticise the team strongly after each boring performance, always had a little rider where we wondered whether it was the coaching. I think it's a combination of the way they were coached and the fact that the former coach would never change things either in style or the selection of players. Let's face it most of these players were available to him last year.
    As I said in another post, the difference in this team after only 8 games is staggering. With further experience and add DCE and one or two others and we should be right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I'm not suggesting anything of where we will finish but we have become probably along with the Cows one of the most exciting attacking teams in the comp.....what a change

Thank you King for letting them play Footy
    You ain't kidding! After the rush of points we've had in the last 3 matches, if the Raiders can keep the Rabbitohs to fewer than 32 points today and there is no freak score in the Panthers vs Sharks game, we will have scored more points than other team in the comp. so far this year (and we scored a doughnut in one game!). A distant dream in the Cartwright era.
    Last edited by Numbers; 26-04-15 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    With further experience and add DCE and one or two others and we should be right up there.
    Carter, Ridge, Crampton.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Carter, Ridge, Crampton.
    I think you'll see Carter in the Cardinal and Myrtle of Souths before you see him run out for us again mate.

I doubt that Ridge would anything to the squad, tbh.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I doubt that Ridge would anything to the squad, tbh.
    i agree, he might be the next one squeezed out
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    i agree, he might be the next one squeezed out
    Jamie Dowling would be up there too. Interesting to see what they do with Falloon at the end of the year too. His contract is up as opposed to Mortimer who has another year to run. Sounds like moneys tight all of sudden.

It's been an amazing turn around and I havent even seen yesterday's game yet.

All of these points also help with our for and against. It certainly will bring people through the gates if we keep playing like this.

It's so rewarding for all the loyal, long suffering fans of the Titans.

Well done Henry, keep it up.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I think you'll see Carter in the Cardinal and Myrtle of Souths before you see him run out for us again mate.
    I will be a bit gutted if this is the case.
    But yes, the attacking footy we are now seeing is fantastic, and MT has nailed it as to why...
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    It's been an amazing turn around and I haven't even seen yesterday's game yet
    It's on Setanta tonight at 2050 HKG time or you can download it at https://acrossthetasman.com/showthre...787#post290787
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.