Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I was told by a current player it's now $40k per match with 50% held back in a super fund until they retire from the game as is with all rep matches
    + a couple of envelopes along the way

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Geez mate, I like reading your opinions but is there any chance of a bit of positivity breaking out just occasionally. This team has made huge advances this year, yet I think before most games you have sounded the death knell beforehand.
    I agree that Meady was poorly treated in past years but it's hard to argue that Henry has got it too wrong this year.
    henryd done a good job but let's see how the yr ends.

Bird is a big part of the current Titans good form
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Bird is a big part of the current Titans good form
    I've only been a convert to rugby league for a couple of seasons now, so I don't claim to have anywhere near the powers of analysis you guys have...but, seriously? I agree he's been in good form this season, but I can't see how the Titans would be any lower on the ladder without Bird. I genuinely would like to know why you rate his contribution so highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle Titan View Post
    I've only been a convert to rugby league for a couple of seasons now, so I don't claim to have anywhere near the powers of analysis you guys have...but, seriously? I agree he's been in good form this season, but I can't see how the Titans would be any lower on the ladder without Bird. I genuinely would like to know why you rate his contribution so highly.
    He's a great talker but his value to the team is his defence, not only does he hardly miss any tackles he makes alot of dominant tackles. Myles sometimes plays at origin level Bird always does.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

The debate centres on whether his defensive efforts outweigh his misdemeanours … if you add up the penalties, the poor carries, the diving antics and the occasional missed tackles then there is room for debate … and I have purposely not mentioned the off-field stuff which may well negate this debate shortly anyhow.
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-05-15 at 12:57 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The debate centres on whether his defensive efforts outweigh his misdemeanours … if you add up the penalties, the poor carries, the diving antics and the occasional missed tackles then there is room for debate … and I have purposely not mentioned the off-field stuff which may well negate this debate shortly anyhow.
    Good pt, I was thinking more him vs others in the side
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This is what has been bothering me lately as well. He is a courageous player who puts it all on the line every week but he just has these brain fades and they appear to be more common now.... I get frustrated watching him throw his hands in the air and hurl abuse at a referee after he has knocked a ball on.
    Agree though his weekly effort is above Myles who seems to cruise a lot of the time.

He's a great talker but his value to the team is his defence, not only does he hardly miss any tackles he makes alot of dominant tackles. Myles sometimes plays at origin level Bird always does.
    I agree that Bird can be a dominant tackler but I think it is well wide of the mark to claim that he hardly misses any tackles. In general Bird misses 10-15% of the tackles he attempts. For a backrower this certainly ain't praiseworthy.

Junior

I agree that Bird is solid in defense, but he's an old dog who can't learn new tricks. "Tricks", in this case, meaning "not lifting the tackled player's legs above horizontal." The guy himself has admitted that he's having trouble adjusting his tackling technique so as not to fall afoul of the refs.

Anyhow, sorry to veer off topic.

Bird gone for 8 weeks. Downgrade was unsuccessful.

yeah missing a third of the season because a game not even played for the club hurts.

like Josh Reynolds, Bird and his suspension history is going to be a large cloud hanging over any club who signs him... any minor charge will be ramped up like crazy with loading...both might end up the way of Travis Burns and have to go to Super League to escpape it.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Bird gone for 8 weeks. Downgrade was unsuccessful.
    What really p1sses me off is that all the comments are about him missing the origin series. Nothing about us, we are only just the club that pays his weekly wage.

The stupidity of some players is beyond belief. Bird can f*** off to the Knights next year as far as I'm concerned, not only would he fit in well there but I hear they're looking for a replacement for Beau Scott next year.

Birds 8 weeks should spell the end of his Origin career if not more ..
    #itaintweaktospeak

News could get worse for him come Friday. This may be the least of his worries.