Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

the raiders would have beat australia today. or should have played for Australia. the canberra players kiled it in the city country match,

hope they all have big heads and dont us coming this week

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    the raiders would have beat australia today. or should have played for Australia. the canberra players kiled it in the city country match,

hope they all have big heads and dont us coming this week
    They have a great forward pack, Wighton will be playing origin in the future.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Canberra Raiders players steal the show in City v Country encounter
    http://www.canberratimes.com.au/

The Canberra Raiders contingent left their mark on the representative stage and hope their eye-catching form in the City v Country fixture carries into the NRL.

Raiders five-eighth Blake Austin capitalised on his elevation into City's starting side with a brilliant individual performance, scoring a hat-trick of tries and saving two with desperate tackles.

But it was his Canberra teammates Jarrod Croker, Jack Wighton and Paul Vaughan who will have bragging rights after Country's 32-22 win in Wagga Wagga on Sunday.

The quartet, plus prop Shannon Boyd, who was 18th man for Country, will return to the Raiders in high spirits for Saturday's match with the Gold Coast Titans at Canberra Stadium.

The Raiders will be aiming for their third straight victory after back to back wins over the Wests Tigers and defending premiers South Sydney before the representative break.

The Country centre pairing of Croker and Wighton showed they wouldn't look out of place in the NSW side.

Both scored inside the final 10 minutes to seal the victory - Wighton linking up with Joel Thompson before Croker used good strength to crash over from close range.

Croker wants to use the game as a springboard for his return to the Raiders, but is confident he could do the job for NSW if called up.

"I think I could, but I think there's a fair few people in front of me," Croker said.

"I'm not going to put my neck out there, but I'd love to get a crack, all 34 blokes on the field would.

"I'm just excited about the win.

"I thought all the Canberra boys played really well, so hopefully we can take that form back to Canberra and keep building."

It was Croker's first game for Country after 148 appearances for the Raiders in the NRL.

He was also 19th man for NSW last year.

Austin also rose to the occasion in his debut for City.

Originally selected on the bench, Austin made the most of his opportunity to start at halfback after South Sydney's Luke Keary pulled out with injury.

He crossed for three tries, but it was defence that caught the eye.

Austin pulled off a try-saving tackle on Dragons second-rower Tyson Frizzell before showing an impressive turn of foot to chase down Gold Coast Titans winger David Mead.

"I was pretty happy with my game all round," Austin said.

"My defence is something that has to be good and I find my attack flows off the back of that.

"It was a pretty big thrill to play for City.

"People say the game doesn't mean anything, but having the week in camp and being around some high-quality players, I'll be able to take that confidence back to Canberra."

Wighton did his chances of being a bolter for State of Origin no harm with another strong showing and made a quick adjustment back to the centres.

Meanwhile, Vaughan provided plenty of punch in the middle for Country when he was injected off the bench.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

GOLD Coast Titans’ Greg Bird faces an uphill battle to be available for the club’s round nine NRL game against Canberra Raiders after being put on report during Australia’s disappointing loss to New Zealand.

Bird, who was under threat of missing the Anzac clash after being put on report for two tackles the week before, will be in doubt for the trip to Canberra after producing a lifting tackle on Kiwi Jason Nightingale during the 26-12 loss.

The 30-year-old will be forced to endure another frustrating wait to see whether or not he features in the Titans line up on May 9.

“It’s frustrating and happens these days with rugby league,” Bird said.

“You go and make tackles and sometimes the referees see something different then you but it’s not for me to make a comment on and I don’t think there was too much in it.”

It was just one of many disappointments for a sluggish Australian side which struggled to match the enthusiasm of a Kiwi side determined to make the most of the extended stay in Brisbane after Friday night’s game was cancelled.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Honestly Bird is becoming more of a liability every week. If he isn't involved in an off field incident he is "waiting on the judiciary". He needs to pull his head in and sort out his tackling issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Honestly Bird is becoming more of a liability every week. If he isn't involved in an off field incident he is "waiting on the judiciary". He needs to pull his head in and sort out his tackling issues.
    It was interesting watching the game and listening to Gus Gould's description of the Bird tackle. He had so long to take his arms away from the blokes leg but he still went on with it. Gould described it as "dumb" which was pretty accurate- for the tackle and the tackler.

Junior

Mortimer off the bench in for injured Falloon? Yes?
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    It was interesting watching the game and listening to Gus Gould's description of the Bird tackle. He had so long to take his arms away from the blokes leg but he still went on with it. Gould described it as "dumb" which was pretty accurate- for the tackle and the tackler.
    During Origin last year Gould was calling him a ball hog!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expecting....

1. Hoffman
    2. Don
    3. Roberts
    4. Zillman
    5. Mead
    6. Sezer
    7. Elgey
    8. Douglas
    9. Moseley
    10. Pettybourne
    11. James
    12. Taylor
    13. Myles (If Greg Bird is Suspended)
    -----------------------------
    14. White
    15. Ioane
    16. Burr
    17. Mortimer

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by IpswichTitans View Post
    Expecting....

1. Hoffman
    2. Don
    3. Roberts
    4. Zillman
    5. Mead
    6. Sezer
    7. Elgey
    8. Douglas
    9. Moseley
    10. Pettybourne
    11. James
    12. Taylor
    13. Myles (If Greg Bird is Suspended)
    -----------------------------
    14. White
    15. Ioane
    16. Burr
    17. Mortimer
    Except for White I would happy with that team. If Zillman pick up some minor injury not career ending, maybe stub his toe or something hahaha so Crampton can get a go to prove himself that would be fine by me.

Bird looking at 6-8 weeks for his tackle in the test match. Gets a 150% loading for his previous indiscretions.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Bird looking at 6-8 weeks for his tackle in the test match. Gets a 150% loading for his previous indiscretions.
    To be honest I think its fair and its time for him to leave the club imo.

Greg Bird facing eight-week ban for tackle on Kiwi Jason Nightingale

AAP •
    Gold Coast Bulletin •
    May 04, 2015 2:17PM

GOLD Coast Titan Greg Bird is set to miss most of NSW’s State of Origin campaign for his ugly tackle on New Zealand’s Jason Nightingale in Sunday’s rugby league Test.

The veteran forward faces up to eight matches on the sidelines after being hit with a grade two dangerous throw charge by the match review committee today.

Due to three similar offences in the past two years and loading, the offence carries with it a six-week ban if Bird takes the early guilty plea.

If he decides to fight the charge at the judiciary and loses, he will be suspended for eight games.

Bird lifted Nightingale’s legs as the Kiwis winger was upended in a 74th minute tackle during the Kangaroos’ 26-12 loss at Suncorp Stadium.

- - - Updated - - -

Bird played a rubbish game as did most of the pack but his effort in lifting Nightingale may cost him a lazy $120K
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Selfish attitude I know but this is why I never want our blokes in Rep teams (this and injuries). Sure they need to be played and blokes learn a lot from being in camp with the top players but now we lose him for 6 weeks when he wasn't playing for us and the club gets no compensation. Yes it was a dumb tackle but now it's a big cost at our expense. I know in soccer you miss games from the comp you get suspended in but that wouldn't work here as Bird is unlikely to ever be picked 6-8 times for the Kangaroos again.
    Yep selfish I know but winning the comp far outweighs Test and Origin for me.

Junior

Bird played a rubbish game as did most of the pack but his effort in lifting Nightingale may cost him a lazy $120K [/QUOTE]

We still have to pay him if he's suspended, right? Or not?
    Call me Mr Stupid but...