Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thumbs up about the Burr comments, DB. I'm another one that'll be glad to see him on the field when the whistle blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    Hahahah! A manly fan talking about forward packs
    He was referring to soft forward packs and any Manly fan is well qualified to comment based on this years efforts.

He is absolutely right though, the Warriors forwards usually smash us through the middle every time we play them. They are very prone to errors though, we need to aim up and frustrate the hell out of them, the points will come.

I'm a hug fan of Burr. Cool to see Robbo get another shot but IIRC in the 9s he got absolutely steamed by the warriors pack

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Why was Hurrell dropped. Don't they think they need him?
    I don't really take notice of any other teams, but as an outsider I would say his fitness (or lack thereof!!) has a lot to do with it. He looks physically incapable of making any second and third efforts. There have always been stories in the media that he is a very poor trainer.

Interesting to hear people say that we look soft up the middle. I thought our Denise efforts had been really good at Parramatta and again this week v Penrith.

- - - Updated - - -

Denise efforts.... Should say defensive efforts. Bloody autocorrect!!

Defensive effort has been patchy to excellent but we have been susceptible behind the play-the-ball which is where teams have rolled at us and both edges have leaked points as well … we are an honest but not great team yet.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Defensive effort has been patchy to excellent but we have been susceptible behind the play-the-ball which is where teams have rolled at us and both edges have leaked points as well … we are an honest but not great team yet.
    yeah exactly what I was getting at, behind the play the ball is where teams should be targeting this team.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Our failure to wrap up the ball and stop the off loads plus half the time we can't even get a player on the ground. These are the reasons they will role up the middle. Defence can't get set. 'A' markers too wide waiting for the tacklers to fall back into that position, then cause it's quick ball the team can't afford to come up off their line they have to hold their line allows the opposition to get some steam up as they hit the line allowing them to get a hand free for the offloads.

On the same note as being a fan of Burr. He hits hard. Whenever he is involved in a tackle you hear the thud!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Honest is a lot better than where most people saw us this season.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    yeah exactly what I was getting at, behind the play the ball is where teams should be targeting this team.
    Yep, looking to Falloon to have a big 'Denise' game. That's pretty well all he's there for I would say.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

The toughest player we are up against in this match is Friendy, he's never tasted defeated against the Titans since they flicked him..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Reports over here are that McFadden hasn't been happy with Hurrell's inconsistent performances, and his replacement Fusitua has been playing extremely well in the lower grade - At least that's what Jacob Lillyman said in an interview on the radio today...
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Friendys minutes havent been to huge for the warriors lately starting off the bench would be doing his head in
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    Friendys minutes havent been to huge for the warriors lately starting off the bench would be doing his head in
    I can tell you he was pissed off but as he said to me last week "I don't care if I play 80 minutes or 5 minutes I still get paid the same"..
    #itaintweaktospeak

New Zealand Warriors backline told to shape up or ship out by coach Andrew McFadden

The New Zealand Warriors' backs have been put on notice to perform with coach Andrew McFadden saying he considered dropping more than just centre Konrad Hurrell after an error-ridden NRL loss to the North Queensland Cowboys last weekend.

Hurrell, who missed four tackles and made just nine in Saturday night's loss, has been dropped to the Warriors' reserves in favour of rookie David Fusitua - who has never played a first grade match at centre - for the match against the Gold Coast Titans at Mt Smart Stadium on Anzac Day.

Fusitua's selection at centre comes after a couple of dominant performances for the reserve side upon return from injury. However, it comes at the cost of not only Hurrell but also Matt Allwood, who was brought over from the Canberra Raiders on a three-year contract and has played just one first grade game so far this season.

The selection of Fusitua shows McFadden's intention to tidy up the outside edge play, and to not tolerate poor performances. The Warriors made 16 errors and missed 31 tackles against the Cowboys, in a part of their game which is starting to become frighteningly familiar. McFadden said the team knew where they went wrong.

"There was a temptation to make other changes but some guys need that second chance," he said. "Errors are a part of our game but the type of errors we are making are really hurting us at the moment - in our own end, fundamental, under no pressure.

"We have addressed it, again, but it is really up to the individuals now and I have had to make some people accountable and hopefully that shocks them into some performance this week."

Hurrell needed to improve in a number of areas, McFadden said.

"Konrad wasn't just about the errors, there are some other things he needs to work on as well in his game. He'll bounce back."

Fusitua, 20, had said in the past he was keen on playing more at centre, and has shown his ability in the position.McFadden has faith in his young charge: "He's definitely got centre material. He's got all the skills. He is big, he is athletic, he reads the game really well. So there's no reason why he can't play there. He has been playing centres in our cup side and doing really well. I'm very confident that he can do the job.

"He's a terrific athlete. He certainly gives us another dimension there, out wide, especially on last plays."

Ngani Laumape has yet to play a first grade game in 2015 and McFadden said a knee injury may keep him out for the rest of the year. He may require surgery on a partially torn ACL.

"We are still hopefully that we might be able to get something out of him this year. We will know in the next few weeks we will have to make a decision on that," McFadden said.

Meanwhile the coach said playing at home on Anzac Day was special for the players.

"All the Anzac games I have been involved in have certainly had something special about them, obviously the day itself and all the ceremonies before the game really add to the atmosphere. It is important that we really recognise the things men and women have done for us to provide our freedom."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER