Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Man of the match?
    James just ahead of daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    the makeup/financial environment way diff now to back then.
    FFS are you being serious. The gimp stunk the joint up for 8 years and you are going to give him a pass because the last two we struggled financially. Sorry Mrs Cartwright but I'm not buying the bull**** you are selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Fark. I am too old to cop finishes like that. That set we had with about 4 to go with slow hitups you could see we were trying to close it which is crazy.
    Dont really want to put anyone down but when Zilly dropped that simple kick was when momentum changed.
    But who gives.....we won and now i can sit back and enjoy the next couple of games. Look out fridge, here i come.
    My fridge has been violated!

James was awesome & is probably in the Blues squad after this years effort so far this season
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    Manly is going to throw the bank at Elgey after today's performance.

Great win. Like i said, win or lose, we are so much more fun to watch this season.

Also, we wouldn't have done our brand any damage over there in NZ today. Was great to see some of the local in titans gear.

So what's that, sixth spot on the ladder going into the bye? Very nice.
    Hopefully that article in todays Bully about him staying will turn out right. His attack is coming on at a great rate, but he is going to get plenty running at him as opposition coaches see that his defence is terrible at the moment. However at this stage of his nrl career his positives far outweigh any thing else. Good to see his long cutout pass was ruled backwards this week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    FFS are you being serious. The gimp stunk the joint up for 8 years and you are going to give him a pass because the last two we struggled financially. Sorry Mrs Cartwright but I'm not buying the bull**** you are selling.
    jesus Christ take a chill pill
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Rep Player

Fark. I am too old to cop finishes like that. That set we had with about 4 to go with slow hitups you could see we were trying to close it which is crazy.
    Dont really want to put anyone down but when Zilly dropped that simple kick was when momentum changed.
    But who gives.....we won and now i can sit back and enjoy the next couple of games. Look out fridge, here i come.
    Its a strange feeling isnt it being able to enjoy super saturday football again knowing that we are winning games and not fuming at how bad we played. Beer time!!

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    ABC commentators annoyingly kept called LG ... Kane Elger.....
    At different times today, I heard Halligan:

* Say Zillman has been our best/most dangerous this year
    * Say Nate Myles could play 5/8
    * Call us the Tigers
    * Mispronounce Elgey as 'ElGey, Elger and Elegey'

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully that article in todays Bully about him staying will turn out right. His attack is coming on at a great rate, but he is going to get plenty running at him as opposition coaches see that his defence is terrible at the moment. However at this stage of his nrl career his positives far outweigh any thing else. Good to see his long cutout pass was ruled backwards this week.
    His defense is terrible?!! For a smaller half, with a hand full of first grade games under his belt, I could not disagree more.

His defense is terrible?!! For a smaller half, with a hand full of first grade games under his belt, I could not disagree more.
    With all due respect, mate. I tend to think (or like to think) LG has a lil' bit more to offer defensively than what Princey did in his later years with us.

Prince would come off after 80 minutes with his socks still pulled up 'n not a single grass stain to be seen anywhere on him.. /jokes.
    Last edited by Toads; 25-04-15 at 02:21 PM.

I think LG had 4 missed tackles today which was probably the average across the team. I'm used to seeing halves being targeted in defence to tire them out etc, but our middle defence is something worth barking about.

At different times today, I heard Halligan:

* Say Zillman has been our best/most dangerous this year
    * Say Nate Myles could play 5/8
    * Call us the Tigers
    * Mispronounce Elgey as 'ElGey, Elger and Elegey'

- - - Updated - - -

Halligan has no idea, that Nate Myles comment was disturbing
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I did say, at this stage of his career. Happy for you to disagree but he will be getting heaps of traffic coming at him which hopefully will help him improve. However after a win like that and the way we are playing this year I don't want to dwell on anything other than the positives.
    nrl.com says first time we have scored 30 plus 3 weeks in a row.

Missed tackles:

Ryan James 5
    LG 4
    Moseley 5
    Bird 4
    Myles 5
    Douglas 4
    Burr 5 (with limited minutes)

QLD Cup

I would have been gutted if they got run down. Great win with really entertaining, enterprising football. Great defence at times but ooh so brittle at others. What was the missed tackle count? Like last week they could have been way behind by half time.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Missed tackles:

Ryan James 5
    LG 4
    Moseley 5
    Bird 4
    Myles 5
    Douglas 4
    Burr 5 (with limited minutes)
    Interesting stats. James tops the missed tackles yet i had him as a standout. In fact looking at that list all of them except Burr were strong.