Thread: Job going

Default Job going

Anyone interested. Advertised on Seek:

Graphic Designer
    Gold Coast Titans - More jobs by this advertiser

Graphic Designer

Position Overview

Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this position is an integral component of the club's busy marketing team and will be responsible for the management of the creative process for all club collateral, both internal and external.

To succeed in this position the candidate must have a Bachelor degree or equivalent practical experience in graphic design, at least 3 – 5 years experience in end to end design management, as well as strong budget and financial management.

Key elements of the role include planning, developing and producing all visual communication and promotion of and in support of the Gold Coast Titans ensuring clarity and consistency of branding. Complete and deliver design and other work on time and within budget, which meets the club's expectations and objectives.

The role will also see the successful applicant provide support for design/production related projects such as photo shoots, image library maintenance, events support, as well as working with other internal stakeholders on other projects as required.

Independent decision making requirements of the position include printed and electronic marketing, promotional and informational material.

This role also involves working on home game-days and at club events which fall outside of usual business working hours.

Key responsibilities include:
    •Create, develop and apply design concepts and creative solutions to a professional standard, including but not limited to: promotional materials online and offline, signage, merchandise, display graphics, graphics and images, illustrations, web graphics, e-flyers, and collateral for presentations, publications, proposals and reports.
    •Effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders, to provide design solutions, obtain print quotations, prepare design files for print, design production and monitor time management in accordance to new and ongoing projects.
    •Ensure the Gold Coast Titans brand elements are appropriately and consistently applied, maintaining brand integrity and ensure project/campaign visual identities are consistent with club and NRL's brand guidelines.

Candidates for this position will need to demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
    •Advanced Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign knowledge (Mac based but Windows is advantageous)
    •Adobe Premier
    •Photography experience
    •Video shooting/Editing experience
    •Website CMS experience
    •Can work in a team and autonomously
    •Be proactive and take initiative
    •Strong layout skills and high attention to detail
    •Can think independently and can complete tasks in a timely manner

Successful applicants will be required to provide examples of previous work.

The Titans are offering a full-time position with competitive salary, superannuation and Titans employee benefits.

If you are driven and enjoy working in a fast paced and committed working environment, this could be the opportunity for you.

Company overview

The Titans are a national sporting team based on the Gold Coast, competing in the National Rugby League competition. Recognized for their continual innovation and community based orientation, the Titans pride themselves on being the best they can be both on and off the field.

Now well into their 9th year in the national competition, the Titans are committed to their region, their fans and the game of rugby league. The Titans strive to offer sports fans of all classifications a product and team of which they can be proud, feel ownership of and are deeply passionate about.

Digital reference points for Gold Coast Titans

Web: http://www.titans.com.au/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/GCTitans

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GCTitans

Application details

To submit your application please forward your resume, covering letter and maximum 10 page portfolio of previous work to:

Marketing Manager

E: jobs@titans.com.au

Applications close 5pm, Monday 20 April 2015.

Please note that due to the high volume of applications the Gold Coast Titans receive, we will not be able to respond to all individual inquiries.

In another life time.

But good work posting. We need people with a passion for the sport and club who can inject that into their work. The role of a graphic designer is integral to the identity of our club and to the relationship between the club and the outside world.

We need someone with some natural artistic flair. Looking forward to the results. Timely, original and adaptive graphics can really enhance the fan experience.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup

Interesting posting. yes, In another lifetime. As I near the end of my paid working life, so many interesting jobs are emerging. If I was young I would be spoiled for careers to choose. But being able to combine creativity with my passion for footy would be at the top of my list. My original study many years ago was architecture my daughter is doing a Bachelor of Fine Arts Animation. Who would have thought of that 45 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Interesting posting. yes, In another lifetime. As I near the end of my paid working life, so many interesting jobs are emerging. If I was young I would be spoiled for careers to choose. But being able to combine creativity with my passion for footy would be at the top of my list. My original study many years ago was architecture my daughter is doing a Bachelor of Fine Arts Animation. Who would have thought of that 45 years ago!
    Good luck to your daughter. I'm a big fan of animation and Australian filmmaking.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

My niece did a similar degree at QUT and is now working for a film company in Scotland … there are now internships in China for basically every discipline you can imagine. We handle over 7,000 a year in this province alone.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

I usually don't bother with thumbs. (although I appreciate them when I get them) I just did thumbs up for the first time. Diehard and Titanic I hope I hit the right button? On social media, and I guess this Forum is that, I have been slow on the uptake. I registered for Facebook and LinkdIn but don't really look at it. On this forum there are hints of the diversity of people's backgrounds and locations, united together based on a passion for a (struggling) Gold Coast Rugby League team. A common interest is a great leveller of race, religion, class, economic situation, status etc.
    My daughter is off to Super Nova today dressed as some anime character, she has friends in many parts of the world and does internet music collaborations with them. For those of us a bit older it's a whole new world isn't it? Just musing..........

thanks for posting this on the forum
    I never would of seen this job come up

I applied got through to the interviews and found out that I was close to landing the job but they went with another designer, who I'm actually happy for !

as a fan I just want them to get the best person for the job and after meeting a couple of the marketing guys rest assured the marketing teams work extremely hard to promote the Titans and do absolutely everything they can

so if you see their facebook, twitter, instagram posts help them out and share them with your network buy a membership and get behind them

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    My niece did a similar degree at QUT and is now working for a film company in Scotland … there are now internships in China for basically every discipline you can imagine. We handle over 7,000 a year in this province alone.
    I'm aware of whats going on in China, but it still blows my mind to read that.

Quote Originally Posted by beeps View Post
    thanks for posting this on the forum
    I never would of seen this job come up

I applied got through to the interviews and found out that I was close to landing the job but they went with another designer, who I'm actually happy for !

as a fan I just want them to get the best person for the job and after meeting a couple of the marketing guys rest assured the marketing teams work extremely hard to promote the Titans and do absolutely everything they can

so if you see their facebook, twitter, instagram posts help them out and share them with your network buy a membership and get behind them
    Well done mate! I hope you learnt from the experience.

I recommend that you start building a portfolio. Especially sports and RL related. It won't be the last time such a job comes up.