Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

zillmans last 15 was a mix of the highest order. from butchering at least 2 tries with his inability to pass. I mean that literally. He cannot pass, so he doesnt.

then some redic running as well, where he was spinning, bumping, tripping and smiling in surprise at different points.

LG made his biggest leap forward.

our defense in the middle of field was poor at times, but the scramble and effort to repel was so good considering how often they were strolling through the middle in the first half.

White was not great. looking forward to having petty back.

Apparently Simpkins has likely done his ACL. Waiting for confirmation

Thats bad news.. Simpkins has been pretty good for us this year

Just got home. I tell you what, you forget what it's like to be in that atmosphere when we play some decent footy. Maxwell did his best to screw us over but thankfully we pulled through. Oppostion offloads are still killing us. Elgey is making Zillman look good.

At the end of the game the fox crew did an interview with him on field, did that get televised, if so was there anything in it? I got down to the fence cause I wanted to look him in the eye and ask him if he was staying but he went the other way.

Any word on Paasi? Why did he go off and not return? and interesting that Myles plays with niggles all the time but pulls the pin game day but still goes down to warm the boys up. I think he's flying the coup unfortunately.

Anyway, great to get a win at home.

A good win and a good game by the boys. You can see that the patterns and the game plan that they have is starting to click as well as combinations as well.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

QLD Cup

I think Zillman gets so erratic he forgets what he's doing even how to run. I seem to have seen him drop the ball cold like that on a number of occasions.

Great to get a win after a really ominous start. There were holes up the middle miles wide. But most of all impressed how they regrouped. The pace returned to sanity and they shut them down. Now to do that for 80 minutes.

I thought it would be easier if we broke down Zillmans running style....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtpK9uxTZhE

Gotta hand it to Zillman, despite his many F* ups, he had a good game today, and so did plenty others. Playing like a team with some ticker and some smarts.

Will be interesting to see the line-up next week against the warriors.

Mortimer should be available, and if Mlyes, Simpkins and Paasi are all unfit, we should see at least one new face for 2015.

Mark Ioane was warming up with the boys this arvo pre-match, so you'd imagine he'd be next in the queue. I wonder how far off Hala is?

Such an enjoyable game today. Can't wait until next week.

#KeepElgey
    Last edited by K2G; 18-04-15 at 07:23 PM.

Really happy for Elgey that he had a hand in a couple of tries. Also happy that in the last couple of weeks when he has been contemplating his future, we have had 2 big wins which he has been involved in. He also seems to be a popular member of the squad.

Might be wishful thinking on my behalf, but he seems to be a level headed kid who will hopefully chose to stay where he has grown up in a team that has put together 2 solid wins where he is liked and appreciated, rather than going to a team who is bottom of the table and has uncertainty about the coaching situation even though they may offer more $$.

Junior

I am cautiously optimistic about our finals chances after seeing the past two games. Lots of quick, clever, ambitious passing. And not dropping the damn ball in the process. Oh, and actually following through with the "chase" part of a "kick and chase."

Elgey needs to be re-signed. Just on his fourth game of top grade, you can already see that he's a legend in the making. Such quick instincts combined with skill and heart. Forget Cherry-Evans, this kid deserves all the financial TLC the Titans can give.

Oh, and I never thought I would say this, but frickin' William Zillman deserves to have a spot in the starting side next game. The side is lifting, and he's lifting as well, and so long as he keeps this up, I'm happy to eat everything I've spewed about him thus far.

Cant add much after reading everyone's comments but it is great when you don't play that great but still win well. Good sign for the future. Only one person has mentioned him I think but I thought Douglas was absolutely great for us today. Best I have seen from him for ages.
    Only 9k there but the crowd is really starting to get behind this team now that we have something to cheer about. Only 7 games into a new coach and the change is quite remarkable.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I thought it would be easier if we broke down Zillmans running style....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtpK9uxTZhE
    That just about sums it up! A video is worth a thousand words. Just hope Zilly continues to bounce and flounce and learn how to pass and hold the ball.

Just got done watching that game, dodging spoilers. Sometimes things don't go according to plan with livestream so I need to watch on delay.

But I was rewarded with a lovely and exciting game from the Titans. We felt genuinely threatening and played exciting football.

I was happy to see Hoffman get two tries after a confusingly barren year last year. I hope he becomes our fullback and no more switching.

Elgey was great and is really coming on. I don't know I like to pretend he is a young Alfie playing for the Jets bound for Origin stardom.

Ryan James, Taylor and Douglas were strong.

Great to win at home and reward the fans. And the fans seemed into it from kick off, very loud and involved.

Panthers certainly weren't an easy team to beat. But I was thankful for the sin binning.

I really want to see our club rewarded by the Rugby League Gods, we are on the right path and have done the right things. I want to see our long suffering fanbase rewarded. So today's two points meant a lot.

We showed plenty of exciting pace today. Loved Don's kick infield. One of my favourite moves. Too bad it didn't come off with Zillman. Who was both inspirational and comical. But I think had a good game.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Highlights: Panthers vs Titans

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=d2cmRsdDopA0VN_Vosh8F5YLzKA6a1fg&pbid =fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Jesus one win from our last twelve home games before today?!

Round 2 - Wests Tigers - LOSS
    Round 4 - Cowboys - WIN - 13-12
    Round 6 - Broncos - WIN - 12-8

Round 9 - Souths - LOSS - 40-18
    Round 11 - Warriors - LOSS - 24-16
    Round 13 - Panthers - LOSS - 36-14
    Round 14 - Storm - LOSS - 24-20
    Round 15 - Dragons - LOSS - 19-18
    Round 18 - Raiders - LOSS - 36-20
    Round 20 - Parra - LOSS - 24-18
    Round 23 - Manly - LOSS - 15-12

Round 26 - Bulldogs - WIN - 19-18

Round 1 - Wests Tigers - LOSS - 19-18
    Round 3 - Newcastle - LOSS - 20-18
    Round 5 - Broncos - LOSS

Round 7 - Panthers - WIN - 36-6