Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Josh Mansour says Panthers will work to consolidate on victory despite injuries

The Penrith Panthers have rejoined the winner’s circle and regained their confidence, according to Josh Mansour.

The Penrith winger scored two tries in the team’s 22-12 win over the Manly Sea Eagles at Pepper Stadium on Saturday night.

“It was definitely a good win, coming off three losses, we were very desperate,” Mansour said.

“Manly always play for the full 80 minutes and we knew we had to be on our game in the second half. Our defence was a key point in that match and it won us the game.

“In saying that, it gave us a lot of confidence.”

“I’m happy with two tries, but it comes off the back of a great performance that night and I just want to continue my good form for the team for the rest of the year and hopefully cross for a few more tries.”

Coach Ivan Cleary was forced to make starting line-up changes after Peter Wallace was ruled out. Isaac John came into the halves alongside Api Koroisau.

Brent Kite also returned from a shoulder injury.

”We’re so lucky at the club to have outstanding depth and everyone is willing to put their hand up and do their part for the team,” Mansour said.

“Isaac John and Api have been outstanding and I’m sure the chemistry and their combination will work out perfectly for the team.”

Injury woes continue however with Jamal Idris out for the rest of the season after scans revealed a ruptured ACL, Wallace faces six weeks out and Elijah Taylor has a cartilage problem.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior

Titans
    1 Josh Hoffman
    2 Anthony Don
    3 James Roberts
    4 William Zillman
    5 David Mead
    6 Aidan Sezer
    7 Kane Elgey
    8 Luke Douglas
    9 Beau Falloon
    10 Nate Myles (c)
    11 Ryan James
    12 Dave Taylor
    13 Greg Bird

Interchange
    14 Matt White
    15 Lachlan Burr
    16 Ryan Simpkins
    17 Kierran Moseley
    18 Agnatius Paasi

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by timor 2 View Post
    Titans
    1 Josh Hoffman
    2 Anthony Don
    3 James Roberts
    4 William Zillman
    5 David Mead
    6 Aidan Sezer
    7 Kane Elgey
    8 Luke Douglas
    9 Beau Falloon
    10 Nate Myles (c)
    11 Ryan James
    12 Dave Taylor
    13 Greg Bird

Interchange
    14 Matt White
    15 Lachlan Burr
    16 Ryan Simpkins
    17 Kierran Moseley
    18 Agnatius Paasi

Henry is starting to remind me of Cartwright in that as soon as an injured/suspended player is available they just waltz back into the starting side. I don't see why you change a winning side other then Pettyborne.

Good to see that Hoffman is fit to be named. I am dead set amazed that we have not opened favorite for this game. I expect that we will start favorite, so if you want to have a bet on us at around the $1.95 - $2 that is currently available I'd get in early.

Penrith's last start win was a sham. They were at home to the wooden spoon favorites and got a glut of second half penalties and still only fell over the line. Weakened further by injury and we are basically full strength. People will look at the 40-0 from Rd 2 and say we are no chance, but even in that game (when Penny were full strength) we only trailed by 8 at HT and created a host of opportunities.

I am very confident we win this.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    Henry is starting to remind me of Cartwright in that as soon as an injured/suspended player is available they just waltz back into the starting side. I don't see why you change a winning side other then Pettyborne.
    Yup, wasting space naming Falloon, Mosley should waltz straight in be done with it 'n save the bench space for someone else like say Crampton for instance (we're looking for a Centre). I'm sure Falloon could survive in QCup for a couple of rounds..

Falloon does a lot for our defence that Moseley doesn't. I wouldn't have thought any different. He's our number 1 hooker as far as the clubs concerned. I'm just glad that Moseley retained his spot over possibly a Mortimer coming back.

Sigh of relief that Elgey is named over Mortimer. With another win this weekend hopefully that means Mortimer won't waltz back into the team when fully fit provided Elgey doesn't announce a move next season.

Hopefully Paasi finds his way into the team somehow.

Junior

Hazard is also back but named as starting hooked for Burleigh QCup

Why is Falloon rushed back into the side? He is average at best.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Falloon does a lot for our defence that Moseley doesn't. I wouldn't have thought any different. He's our number 1 hooker as far as the clubs concerned. I'm just glad that Moseley retained his spot over possibly a Mortimer coming back.

Sigh of relief that Elgey is named over Mortimer. With another win this weekend hopefully that means Mortimer won't waltz back into the team when fully fit provided Elgey doesn't announce a move next season.

Hopefully Paasi finds his way into the team somehow.
    Yes he does a lot for our defense but he kills our attack. Moseley sparks our attack and is ok in defense with a bit more work at training he will be great in defense. But just letting Falloon waltz back into the starting side is like a slap in the face for Moseley. That is why good players will leave this club because our coach plays favorites.

Favourites???? I think Moseley knows where he stands. As for playing defence and attack, that's where it's up to the coach to get it right.

While I'm not surprised and agree that Falloon should've been named, it has been stark the difference that the great service that Moseley has provided has made. Falloon is a decent first grade hollering both attack and defence but I've been thoroughly impressed by Moseley. Great to see Kane get another opportunity. It's also good to see some continuitY and I hope Paasi can get on the park again soon. Titans should start favourites, haven't been able to say that for a while.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

I just hope we can cover the ten points that everybody's favourite will let in.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Penrith's last start win was a sham. They were at home to the wooden spoon favorites and got a glut of second half penalties and still only fell over the line.
    I am very confident we win this.
    In the interests of accuracy......the Titans are the wooden spoon favourites then Canberra. Manly, who played Penrith last start are third "favourites" for the spoon. Just had to clear that up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Favourites???? I think Moseley knows where he stands. As for playing defence and attack, that's where it's up to the coach to get it right.
    I agree with all the comments preferring Moseley over Falloon however I am hoping that Henry is just looking after Moseley a bit. Many young blokes come into the NRL and by the end of the year they are stuffed, due to pressure, lack of hard game experience etc. I think (hope) that Henry is bringing him along a bit slower in the hope he is protected a bit which will benefit us in the future.

A couple of weeks ago we were stitched up by Gavin Badger in the video refs box and how he continued to ref NRL after that and his on field efforts is a mystery. This week we have his wife on the sideline in the NRL game. Congratulations to Casey on her achievement and I hope she is more competent than her husband.

Read a tweet that stated she got the tackle count wrong 3 times in a game a couple of weeks back. Good to seewhys NRL reward performance in the referee ranks just like the Titans do.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!