Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Well done if you were there!! I can't wait to watch my recording of this game, we are just so much fun to watch this year.

No Myles for this game hey...??

We really do have the makings of a very smart side. The thing that kills me that instead of basking in the glory of a strong home performance all I can do is worry about all of this DCE contract bullsh!t.

I'm on a Bucks night, I told you on the 11/04/15 and backed up by jonnathonbcode thereafter that Titans will make the 8.

This style of play is gonna get the job done !!!
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

You guys seen the Courier Mail article? Can't post because I'm on phone but the title is "Elgey and his Titans stun wounded Panthers"

Elgey and his Titans. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I'm on a Bucks night, I told you on the 11/04/15 and backed up by jonnathonbcode thereafter that Titans will make the 8.

This style of play is gonna get the job done !!!
    I just keep looking at the ladder and thinking where we'd be if we'd even split the two heartbreakers v the Tigers and Knights 1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    You guys seen the Courier Mail article? Can't post because I'm on phone but the title is "Elgey and his Titans stun wounded Panthers"

Elgey made the 7 his own today. We can't let the Eagles take him, it's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Cant add much after reading everyone's comments but it is great when you don't play that great but still win well. Good sign for the future. Only one person has mentioned him I think but I thought Douglas was absolutely great for us today. Best I have seen from him for ages.
    Only 9k there but the crowd is really starting to get behind this team now that we have something to cheer about. Only 7 games into a new coach and the change is quite remarkable.

mate i watched douglas quite closely today on the TV, and ive mentioned his passing at the line recently has been good.

Well today he went a step further and is really starting to 'quarterback it', rather than just throw the pass regardless. he was running towards the line, looking at the defence and if they were coming up he would pass, if they were further back or sliding, he took the extra metres and hit it up himself...sounds obvious, but aside from james Graham, so many just give the pass because that's part of the play. he was actually assessing the defence and playing off of it. so so encouraging.

we are getting slightly better every week, and after 7 weeks, the difference is stark.

i have a fair bit of faith in Henry right now, we just need to get this LG deal done. DCE honouring his commitment is secondary to me right now. as long as we sign elgey ill sleep well at night

It's hard to focus on all 17 out there to see who does what DB. Yep, Douglas from what I could see had a cracker. As did Taylor, but for me is was James. He was everywhere, and I am pretty sure the Panthers guys knew he was out there also.

Moseley just gets the team going forward and those blokes can piggyback off that … Douglas is playing out of his skin this season and you couldn't ask for much more out of James and Taylor either, except perhaps some better discipline.

Did we miss Myles today? Yes we did or at least we missed another fair dinkum middle man and there are plenty of others around if 'poopy draws' takes off next season, e.g. Carter. White looked not on the same page again and when Pettybourne gets back we'll look a lot more competitive in the wrestle. Paasi going down probably means we have to live with White as Myles and Pettybourne will just slot in for Simpkins and Paasi.

I have to give it to Henry, although I am not sold on Zillman (understatement), he has persevered with him and he has responded with a couple of fair efforts. I would keep Hoffman at the back and seek somebody else but I look at the other club's centres and feel that they are also rocks and diamonds generally so this week I will lay off the tool

The other thing I like about the team is that the ball is at least being given a chance to do something and both halves and Moseley are doing fine … I'll bet Cartwright is sitting back thinking 'I created that team but nobody loves me' well, I reckon he should be thinking 'why wouldn't they play like that for me'?

How much more enjoyable are we to watch now than with Mortimer in the team? +200% imho.
    Last edited by Titanic; 18-04-15 at 11:32 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

That's so rad. I really share the excitement of karnage and everyone.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Ryan James was the standout for me, amongst a host of good performances. Tackled everything, was good in attack, and I didn't see one stupid penalty from him?
    Also, Elgey. Sign him. Whatever it costs.
    The refs again stuffed up. No way that pass to Don was forward. How can they constantly make such simple errors?

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Ryan James was the standout for me, amongst a host of good performances. Tackled everything, was good in attack, and I didn't see one stupid penalty from him?
    Also, Elgey. Sign him. Whatever it costs.
    The refs again stuffed up. No way that pass to Don was forward. How can they constantly make such simple errors?
    If you're talking about the pass from Elgey to Don in the second half, it was a mile forward. It was in line with my seats. But if you wanna talk about getting screwed by the refs, it felt a better coming from Mrs Badger than Gavin.

Junior

Couple of things....

Our outside backs were great particularly in defence. Roberts and Meady really manned up on a tackle five mins from the end. The desire to defend that scoreline was palpable. Hoff was great in defence and should stay#1.

Zilly is agonising to watch. As he ran towards us for his 100m try in acres of space my son and I just started laughing thinking he was just going to trip over his own feet.

Small crowd but to us in the Eastern stand it felt 90% home fans getting their monies worth and some.��
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    Couple of things....

Our outside backs were great particularly in defence. Roberts and Meady really manned up on a tackle five mins from the end. The desire to defend that scoreline was palpable. Hoff was great in defence and should stay#1.

Zilly is agonising to watch. As he ran towards us for his 100m try in acres of space my son and I just started laughing thinking he was just going to trip over his own feet.

Small crowd but to us in the Eastern stand it felt 90% home fans getting their monies worth and some.��
    good god is he awkward. his goofy running style makes me piss myself.

but he has some big involvements in the last 20. could have been the best 20 statistical mins by an NRL player in history if he had have dished those two passes.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    If you're talking about the pass from Elgey to Don in the second half, it was a mile forward. It was in line with my seats. But if you wanna talk about getting screwed by the refs, it felt a better coming from Mrs Badger than Gavin.
    Yes, that pass. It is irrelevant how the ball travels over the ground. Look at the position of the two players when it is passed, and again when it is caught. Then read the rule book. It was the rule when I got my badge 40 years ago and it's still the rule.
    Notes on forward passes:
    1. The direction of the pass is relative to the player making it and not to the actual path relative to the ground. A player running towards his opponents' goal line may throw the ball towards a colleague who is behind him but because of the thrower's own momentum the ball travels forward relative to the ground. This is not a forward pass as the thrower has not passed the ball forward in relation to himself. This is particularly noticable when a running player makes a high, lobbed pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Yes, that pass. It is irrelevant how the ball travels over the ground. Look at the position of the two players when it is passed, and again when it is caught. Then read the rule book. It was the rule when I got my badge 40 years ago and it's still the rule.
    Notes on forward passes:
    1. The direction of the pass is relative to the player making it and not to the actual path relative to the ground. A player running towards his opponents' goal line may throw the ball towards a colleague who is behind him but because of the thrower's own momentum the ball travels forward relative to the ground. This is not a forward pass as the thrower has not passed the ball forward in relation to himself. This is particularly noticable when a running player makes a high, lobbed pass.
    Dude, it was forward a mile. It was a terrible pass out of the hands and momentum only takes it so far. The Titans fan in front of me made the comment we were lucky not to be penalised for an intentional forward pass. Anyway....