Josh Mansour says Panthers will work to consolidate on victory despite injuries

The Penrith Panthers have rejoined the winner’s circle and regained their confidence, according to Josh Mansour.

The Penrith winger scored two tries in the team’s 22-12 win over the Manly Sea Eagles at Pepper Stadium on Saturday night.

“It was definitely a good win, coming off three losses, we were very desperate,” Mansour said.

“Manly always play for the full 80 minutes and we knew we had to be on our game in the second half. Our defence was a key point in that match and it won us the game.

“In saying that, it gave us a lot of confidence.”

“I’m happy with two tries, but it comes off the back of a great performance that night and I just want to continue my good form for the team for the rest of the year and hopefully cross for a few more tries.”

Coach Ivan Cleary was forced to make starting line-up changes after Peter Wallace was ruled out. Isaac John came into the halves alongside Api Koroisau.

Brent Kite also returned from a shoulder injury.

”We’re so lucky at the club to have outstanding depth and everyone is willing to put their hand up and do their part for the team,” Mansour said.

“Isaac John and Api have been outstanding and I’m sure the chemistry and their combination will work out perfectly for the team.”

Injury woes continue however with Jamal Idris out for the rest of the season after scans revealed a ruptured ACL, Wallace faces six weeks out and Elijah Taylor has a cartilage problem.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/