Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Just hope elgey stays in the team when mortimer comes back. Id like to see either mortimer or elgey on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Just hope elgey stays in the team when mortimer comes back. Id like to see either mortimer or elgey on the bench
    Mortimer had his chance for half of last season and the start of this. Mortimer is not the man to lead our team around the park. If the Tigers are willing to persist with starting Luke Brooks every game, we should do likewise with KElgey.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    My view is that you need 4 forwards on the bench, one of which hopefully can fill a few positions as a utility. Neither Elgey or Mortimer fit this description. Rather the coach just makes the hard decision and leaves Elgey there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I'm disappointed to see Sezar go, especially to Canberra. I think he's a good young player but there is basically a ZERO percent chance that he will improve under Ricky Stuart.
    Well he hasn't improved much here either under two coaches.

[QUOTE=Mexican titan;359448]My view is that you need 4 forwards on the bench, one of which hopefully can fill a few positions as a utility. Neither Elgey or Mortimer fit this description. Rather the coach just makes the hard decision and leaves Elgey there.

- - - Updated - - -

That is also my view but from what Neil said in the press conference last friday, i believe mortimer will be strait back in the team when fit, an i think elgey derserves a spot in the 17 and mortimers a decent hooker

i think developing a halfback from hooker is ok. gives the main guy a rest, gives us a spark, and gives the young half a look at the game from another perspective as well as toughening them up a bit with alot of defense.

If you had cam smith, seggy, mcullough and no halves to bring through id be fine with big guys all on the bench.