Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

As with most here, LG seems a more promising prospect long term. But with that said, Aiden has been impressive in recent weeks. Pretty hard to deny hm that..

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Match winner might have been an exaggeration but he has definitely kept us in games in the last few years. Last year he, along with Meady, won us the Broncos game through his own CREATIVITY by having the brains to strip it. Also in the Knights game this year we were playing average until he stepped up up and scored a double.

I just see Sezer forming a great combo with DCE. Aidan is a take-the line-on, running half which would complement DCE's tactical style. Kinda like Foran/DCE.

One must ask, Sezer has shown glimpses of what we all know he is capable of. Has his inconsistency been due to the fact he has been playing around a crappy team? Would he have more consistency playing around a team like South Sydney or the Roosters?

I'd like to see us keep both LG and Sezer but there is a low chance of that happening.
    Initially had the same thought that DCE and Sezer might make a good pairing but I am starting to have second thoughts as I still think Sezer is not a quick enough thinker. He is not sharp at all and probably to highlight his lack of quick thinking is the amount of times his general kicks go straight down an opposition FB's throat. The better players have a quick look and see where the open territory is and frequently find the grass with kicks. Sezers kicks in general are terrible and I think the game at NRL level is just too quick for him. Might be harsh and if possible I would like to keep him to see how he would go with DCE but I wouldn't be paying much.

Who is this Sezar you speak of ......

LG is far more important than any future signing bar none
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 08-04-15 at 06:01 AM.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I would go with LG too but I guess it is good we have such options. Seemingly Manly will swoop for one of our halves.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I have really liked Sezer over on the right in the past few weeks, Just a good natural fit for his left hand passing and with Bird next to him the right hand side defence looks a million times better.

If we had a fb overlapping outside bird in attack Titans would be a lot more threatening. As it stands it is give to bird to see what he can do or give it to Roberts to see what he can do.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Simple solution, play Elgey at fullback and give him the fullback money that is being wasted on the two nufties playing there now.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Match winner might have been an exaggeration but he has definitely kept us in games in the last few years. Last year he, along with Meady, won us the Broncos game through his own CREATIVITY by having the brains to strip it. Also in the Knights game this year we were playing average until he stepped up up and scored a double.

I agree with your second paragraph, Sezer has not been a world beater. However, I must ask what Elgey has done to deserve a contract to be starting half? Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of LG but he hasn't exactly proved he is a world beater either.

I just see Sezer forming a great combo with DCE. Aidan is a take-the line-on, running half which would complement DCE's tactical style. Kinda like Foran/DCE.

One must ask, Sezer has shown glimpses of what we all know he is capable of. Has his inconsistency been due to the fact he has been playing around a crappy team? Would he have more consistency playing around a team like South Sydney or the Roosters?

I'd like to see us keep both LG and Sezer but there is a low chance of that happening.
    We didn't win that through his creativity..I think we may have different definitions of the word in a footy context. Stripping the ball a creative trait for a playmaker? Hahaha. Getting off topic so I'll leave that there and agree to disagree - completely.

What else could Elgey have done? He's played 2 NRL games after starring in Qcup. Did you expect him to be leading the charge for Dally M? If you could elaborate as to how you think LG could have shown more then I'd be happy to accept it and respond

See MT's comments regarding this "Sezer is like Foran" discussion. It's rubbish IMO.

Completely agree that Sezer will shine under a different system. But so would 90% of our squad as it stands. Henry has had limited time to implement his coaching going forward and you're probably the strongest advocate for "willing to give them a chance being coached by Henry". If this still stands, then why is it not also applicable to Kane? IIRC you even applied this to TP in the centres

Sezer has been great the last few games. But like teke said..I think he is a lot better on the right side of the field and he won't have that pleasure in 2016 at the Titans.

Good discussion mate but LG all the way

I can see some "LG Life's Good" signs coming. Maybe a sponsorship deal for the club if we start signing players with marketable names. Is Don is Good.

Heart Says Sezer, Head Says Elgey........

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Who is this Sezar you speak of ......

LG is far more important than any future signing bar none
    LG get my vote on Petes point. Titan fans new and old need a poster boy (Local boy comes good so to speak). He along with DCE will be a strong commercial partnership that will help in a small way of actually rebuilding the club.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Good to hear everyone's opinions. My major thing on Elgey is that he has only played 2 NRL games and he hasn't played that flash in either. Are we going to rush and sign an extremely inexperienced kid after just 2 games and rely on him to be one of our starting halves? I want to see more from him and see what he can offer in the next few weeks. However, it seems like he will be sorting his future out soon and Manly are ready to pounce so we need to decide soon.

In a perfect world I would like to keep both but the chance of that happening is near impossible. Guess we will find out in the coming weeks.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Good to hear everyone's opinions. My major thing on Elgey is that he has only played 2 NRL games and he hasn't played that flash in either. Are we going to rush and sign an extremely inexperienced kid after just 2 games and rely on him to be one of our starting halves? I want to see more from him and see what he can offer in the next few weeks. However, it seems like he will be sorting his future out soon and Manly are ready to pounce so we need to decide soon.

In a perfect world I would like to keep both but the chance of that happening is near impossible. Guess we will find out in the coming weeks.
    Simple answer is Yes, otherwise it will bite us on the butt.... a couple of names that come to mind quickly that were with us at one stage but previous management thought were not good enough to play 1st grade Chris Sandow & Luke Keary
    #itaintweaktospeak

It was a good subject to post T4L and exactly what this forum should be about. Good constructive opinions.
    Your comments about Elgey are spot on but I can see the potential that is there. You might remember I was one who was not going overboard like I thought some others were on here, based on Elgey's under 20's form. However I have seen enough in a couple of QCup games and 2 NRL games to suggest to see that he must not be let go. Decent halves are few and far between and if you get one out of your juniors then that is an extra reason to keep them.
    Like you, I would like to see what Sezer could do in tandem with DCE but if we have to make a call sooner rather than later then grab Elgey. Sezer is playing better this year but not great in my opinion as others believe, and as per other posts, his general kicking game is woeful.

- - - Updated - - -

Simple answer is Yes, otherwise it will bite us on the butt.... a couple of names that come to mind quickly that were with us at one stage but previous management thought were not good enough to play 1st grade Chris Sandow & Luke Keary
    Keary, a massive loss. Sandow - some games this year have been exceptional and others were pathetic. Never know what you are going to get with him, other than dramas at some stage every few months.

Hahaha, Cartwright the "Coaching God".

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post

Keary, a massive loss. Sandow - some games this year have been exceptional and others were pathetic. Never know what you are going to get with him, other than dramas at some stage every few months.
    Still better than any number 7 the club has had since Prince
    #itaintweaktospeak