Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    If the reason that people don't to games is because of the food then they must be a desperate fat farks … surely you go to the footy for the footy and if people aren't turning up then it's because the footy stinks … our footy has stunk, end of story.

Certainly fix the stadium issue but getting the people back is about the brand of footy we serve-up not the chips.
    you summed it up alot quicker than i did.

also, the marketta idea is good. but it is already quite a decent and active area outside the game. its busy as hell and pretty awesome. its like a mini theme park with all the stuff going on. adding some cool food stalls could really make it something.

yes DB, I get that too and I also was horrified, as somebody has mentioned earlier, that we were promoting a 'neon night' instead of giving out Easter Eggs … how could any marketing guru miss that? Is Easter so passé? Even here in China where they don't even know what it means, there are easter bunnies and the like all over the place.

Oops my biggie … how did the neon thing go? Did the place get lit up?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

yes DB, I get that too and I also was horrified, as somebody has mentioned earlier, that we were promoting a 'neon night' instead of giving out Easter Eggs … how could any marketing guru miss that? Is Easter so passé? Even here in China where they don't even know what it means, there are easter bunnies and the like all over the place.

Oops my biggie … how did the neon thing go? Did the place get lit up?
    I think it should be Neon Night every year!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior

I agree that our footy stinks, and it sounds/is pretty desperate to be talking up food and markets as a way to win people back. But these are desperate times...

It's all well and good for the dedicated fans to be talking about how this year and next year will be "rebuilding years," but I don't know that the Titans will have the luxury of two years of nothingburger. When I talk to people about the past couple rounds, all they know or care about is that we lost.

Think of it as the difference between a rock concert and a music festival. People go to a rock concert to see the headlining band. The Titans don't offer enough to be headliners. So they have to go the music festival route and rely on other acts to help boost crowd numbers.

Winning fixes everything. Rabbitohs vs Roosters got a crowd of 11,031 in 2009 because they were both terrible.

Parramatta are the only club that can thrive on poor performance.

We've missed the finals the last four years. We've lost 11 of the last 12 home games.

Every single club would struggle with crowds with those numbers.

If the reason that people don't to games is because of the food then they must be a desperate fat farks … surely you go to the footy for the footy and if people aren't turning up then it's because the footy stinks … our footy has stunk, end of story.

Certainly fix the stadium issue but getting the people back is about the brand of footy we serve-up not the chips.
    Just going off what the majority of comments on Facebook were saying (me included). People with kids can't afford to feed the family at the game. You can ignore that if you like but a winning team doesn't put money in a families pocket to be able to afford the $80 dollars it costs to get your kid a hot dog and chips. If mum and dad want a drink then you are over $100, whether you can afford that or not, it's still a rip off and people don't like being ripped off. Do they blame Stadiums Queensland (the faceless owners) or the Titans (the brand plastered all over the place)?

I agree that not winning keeps people away too. It's unfortunate these days that the kids only jump on winners. I've been a coach for junior league now for 4 years and in four years I haven't had a Titans fan in my team. The reason, their dads go for another team or "why would I go for the Titans, they lose all the time".

What about those that are in dire need for fine cuisine at the footy. But instead, get dished 5hitty food 'n footy.

Anyway, count me in as one of those that are there for a entertaining game of footy (hopefully) 'n not the rubbish they dish up to stuff your face with.
    Last edited by Toads; 07-04-15 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Cherry-Evans View Post
    Great ideas. Send them to the Titans and let us know what they say!!!
    Received this back yesterday....

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments below, all are very valid suggestions.

There is currently a review of the transport plan being undertaken in which the position of the bus drop off area is being evaluated by the transport committee. Unfortunately we do not believe any changes will be made in time for this season but we are hopeful there will be some changes in place for next season with the bus drop off zone.

We recognise that the cost of food is a major issue for most that attend the game. Your food market suggestion is great idea and one that would be fantastic to see at the game. The catering deal the caters has with CBUS Stadium does prohibit us from having any food stalls set up out on the precinct and unfortunately the land surrounding the stadium is not owned by the council but Robina Landcorp a private company. This is not to say that an idea like this will never come into fruition as we are always talking with the stadium and caterings on reducing the cost and we will continue these discussions so that we can provide an experience that is affordable for everyone that attends that game.

We appreciate your on -going support of the Titans and please feel free to contact us if you have any more suggestions.

Kind Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments below, all are very valid suggestions.

There is currently a review of the transport plan being undertaken in which the position of the bus drop off area is being evaluated by the transport committee. Unfortunately we do not believe any changes will be made in time for this season but we are hopeful there will be some changes in place for next season with the bus drop off zone.

We recognise that the cost of food is a major issue for most that attend the game. Your food market suggestion is great idea and one that would be fantastic to see at the game. The catering deal the caters has with CBUS Stadium does prohibit us from having any food stalls set up out on the precinct and unfortunately the land surrounding the stadium is not owned by the council but Robina Landcorp a private company. This is not to say that an idea like this will never come into fruition as we are always talking with the stadium and caterings on reducing the cost and we will continue these discussions so that we can provide an experience that is affordable for everyone that attends that game.

We appreciate your on -going support of the Titans and please feel free to contact us if you have any more suggestions.

Kind Regards,
    Thanks for posting and taking the trouble to write to the club. Good to see that you received a reply.
    It appears that the pressure to lower food prices is ramping up as I read that prices at the AFL have come down due to public pressure and I think Michael O'Brien are also the caterers at the MCG. Unfortunately when it comes to getting things done the NRL is way behind the AFL. The other possibility is relaxing the rules about what you can take in. I have said before and I am sick of saying it (and people would be sick of reading it) that you can take lots of commercial products into the Gabba and they are managed by Stadiums Qld like CBus is. Why different rules?
    Then there is the parking, public transport etc etc but I am over banging on about it. Park and ride from Helensvale works well for me but is not preferred by many it seems.

Junior

Kind Regards,

I will look into Robina Landcorp and see if they want to sell some land. The caterers can't stop a private business from setting up out the front. They won't ever lower the prices for food at the stadium.

Kind Regards,
    Mate great that you took the time and wrote them and for the Titans to respond is great.

IMO it's letters to the Titans that highlight issues along with thought out solutions like yours show that there are some supporters that want to be helpful rather than whinge.

Nice work.

Also might take a food vendor or two to negotiate with Robina Land Corp to put a few vans on the land as an idea.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Play some decent footy! I travel 300k each way to watch the games and seeing tripe served up on the field makes me less inclined to attend. The only game at Robina where I felt we outnumbered opposition supporters was the first game. (Vs Newcastle?)
    People need to believe we have a good chance at winning before they come along. For the last 3 years that hasn't been there.

Bad team selections don't help either. Hooker rotation is ridiculous. Zillman playing at FB is ridiculous.