Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    its crazy.

this is gods honest truth that i thought with the expansion of nrl360 into 3 nights, plus sterlo on the couch that the extra time and coverage would allow more analysis and evaluation of players.

in the AFL version, they are relentless in their exposure of players not performing.
    That's because the NRL is a closed shop. The "commentators" on most of these shows are recent ex players and they aren't brave enough to call out anyone for fear of offending. I still shake my head every time I hear one of them say that Zillman is fast.....

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    That's because the NRL is a closed shop. The "commentators" on most of these shows are recent ex players and they aren't brave enough to call out anyone for fear of offending. I still shake my head every time I hear one of them say that Zillman is fast.....
    best theyll do is make fun of someone if they do something funny, or maybe critique a forward pack or halves for not delivering, but its rare for someone to cop a well deserved bake.

i think NRL players are so precious that they would stop going on shows and do even less media. they dont understand it yet.

It downright shameful that Zillman can start his end of season excuses at round 6 ... WTF is he saying "at the end of the season you can look back .... " what a complete loser ... how about "I am working on taking out the game-changing errors I make every week"?

And here is the team that I would have liked to run out:

1. Mead
    2. Hoffman
    3. Crampton
    4. Roberts
    5. Don
    6. Sezer
    7. Elgey
    8. Douglas
    9. Moseley
    10. Myles
    11. Taylor
    12. Pettybourne
    13. Bird

14. James*
    15. Paasi
    16. Burr
    17. Simpkins

* I don't mind him on the left edge but those penalties as he gets tired worry me so I'd rather have him in the prop rotation with less minutes and more action.
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-04-15 at 08:59 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Man I would love to see this team...
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    It downright shameful that Zillman can start his end of season excuses at round 6 ... WTF is he saying "at the end of the season you can look back .... " what a complete loser ... how about "I am working on taking out the game-changing errors I make every week"?

1. Mead
    2. Hoffman
    3. Crampton
    4. Roberts
    5. Don
    6. Sezer
    7. Elgey
    8. Douglas
    9. Moseley
    10. Myles
    11. Taylor
    12. Pettybourne
    13. Bird

14. James*
    15. Paasi
    16. Burr
    17. Simpkins

* I don't mind him on the left edge but those penalties as he gets tired worry me so I'd rather have him in the prop rotation with less minutes and more action.

Nate Myles makes spirited bid to beat corked thigh injury to be fit to play against the Eels
    TRAVIS MEYN •
    Gold Coast Bulletin •
    April 08, 2015 12:00AM

TITANS captain Nate Myles has been secretly battling a painful leg injury with another “nasty cork” hampering his preparation for the Gold Coast’s trip to Parramatta.

Myles copped a heavy hit to his left leg in the Titans’ 26-16 loss to Brisbane last Friday with the injury compounding a nagging cork he has been managing since the start of the season.

Myles clashed with teammate Caleb Binge during a training session in early March.

The Queensland Origin forward was so concerned by the collision he underwent X-rays that cleared him of a broken leg.

But the deep bruising took close to a month to subside with Myles finally feeling free in the Gold Coast’s only win of the year against Cronulla two weeks ago. Just as he started to come good, Myles found himself in pain against the Broncos.

The 29-year-old’s commitment to recovery and rehab has him on track to face the Eels this weekend and Titans physiotherapist Greg Condon said the skipper would benefit from a long turnaround.

“It’s a pretty nasty cork. It swelled up straight away during the game,” he said.

“It’s reasonable. He should be all right because we’ve got a longer turnaround from a Friday night but if it was shorter he’d be at a push to play.

“They’re harder than people think to turn around in a week but with the eight-day turnaround he should be OK.

“He’s been using the ice machine 24-7 and is getting treatment on it.

“He’ll do some light running (today) then hopefully train properly at the captain’s run.

“He had just come good (from the first cork). He trained well that week.”

Myles is no stranger to putting his body through pain, having played with numerous injuries throughout his decorated career.

His coach, Neil Henry, said Myles was on a modified training program to rest his body.

“He got another knock to the same calf he had before,” he said.

“That’s all that’s restricting him. He did a bit of contact work (yesterday). You rest your more senior players a little bit and he certainly puts his body on the line every week. He earned a couple of days off.”

Henry yesterday named an unchanged line-up for the Eels clash with prop Matt White on standby for Agnatius Paasi (ankle).

White has had an injury-interrupted start to the season but Henry backed the workman to perform if needed.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Titans seek to silence hostile Eels crowd
    Tue 07 Apr, 2015, 6:15pm
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent, NRL.com

The Titans will seek to break a worrying point-scoring drought early in games in order to keep a Pirtek Stadium jam-packed with passionate Parramatta fans subdued when the two teams meet on Saturday afternoon.

Despite wins over Manly and South Sydney at home the Eels sit outside the top eight with just two wins heading into Round 6, while the Titans have just the sole victory over the Sharks in Round 4 in their win column for the opening five weeks of the season.

Dating back to August 2013 the Eels have lost just two from 13 games at Pirtek Stadium and with Parramatta boasting one of the most passionate supporter bases in the NRL Titans coach Neil Henry knows some early strikes are key in keeping them quiet.

Gold Coast have scored only two tries all season inside the first 20 minutes of games and have not scored more than one try in the first half since Round 1, squandering numerous opportunities early against the Broncos last week.

Having named an unchanged squad to that which took the field against Brisbane, Henry said it was critical to show composure early if they hope to keep the noise levels down within Pirtek Stadium.

"The times I've played there and it's been a good healthy crowd it is a noisy stadium and it's a great atmosphere," Henry said on Tuesday. "I think the players appreciate the noisy crowd, it's just all in the mix for the atmosphere in terms of who they are playing in front of. It just adds to the occasion.

"You can normally silence the crowd if you get some early points but they're a different team this year Parramatta. They go for the full 80 and they'll be trying to make amends for their performance at the back-end of the game on Monday [against the Tigers].

"Their following's been great this season and they'll be looking forward to defending that record at home. As long as we're prepared to get into the battle with them I'm sure we can match them.

"We're expecting a hostile crowd and a physical game."

The Titans' horror record of posting early points is further denting the confidence of a team in desperate need of a change of fortune. Gold Coast have been victorious in only four of their past 21 games stretching back to Round 9 last season and have had some refereeing decisions go against them early in games in 2015 that have further dented their confidence.

When capitalising on momentum is such a critical aspect of the modern game Henry conceded that frustration at being unable to break down the Brisbane defence led to fundamental errors when in possession.

"There's an element of frustration that we didn't score points," Henry admitted. "That first 10 minutes we had four or five sets – and in retrospect it's easy – but maybe that second penalty we got we should have taken the two points and possession and just reset ourselves by going back and having a yardage set from the kick-off and getting back into it again.

"It's very hard to attack consistently from 10 metres out. You don't have the depth in your play to try and get momentum so full credit to the Broncos defence, they scrambled well and kept us out with some desperate defence and we helped out by turning the ball over too often."
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Saturday arvo game aswell, anyone know our record for day games?
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

1. Mead
    2. Hoffman
    3. Crampton
    4. Roberts
    5. Don
    6. Sezer
    7. Elgey
    8. Douglas
    9. Moseley
    10. Myles
    11. Taylor
    12. Pettybourne
    13. Bird

14. James*
    15. Paasi
    16. Burr
    17. Simpkins

Great team but it won't happen while Zillman is at the club as it seems he will never be dropped. I think he could score a try for the opposing team and would still be picked to play the next week. Time to get a campaign going to get rid of him.

Also agree with James without the penalties last week I would say he was close to our best player.

I think Zillman has been the best player in a few games for the opposing side he certainly would of won a few players player award for the titans opposition, he is a valuable asset to the teams the titans play as they play with 14 on the park an know that he cant tackle create and gets in the road most plays when titans have the ball.
    How long can he keep getting picked for it is just getting beyond a joke

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    I think Zillman has been the best player in a few games for the opposing side he certainly would of won a few players player award for the titans opposition, he is a valuable asset to the teams the titans play as they play with 14 on the park an know that he cant tackle create and gets in the road most plays when titans have the ball.
    How long can he keep getting picked for it is just getting beyond a joke
    The first few words scared me
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    The first few words scared me
    Yea I got totally sucked in as well.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Dave Taylor goes head to head with Eels young gun Tepai Moeroa when we clash with the Parramatta Eels at Pirtek Stadium on Saturday.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

<script height="523px" width="930px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=xreGZndDoNoHIHtADHa7Ia5zUkTA9IIT&pbid =fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>
    Neil Henry's final word ahead of our clash with the Eels at Pirtek Stadium tomorrow.

<script height="523px" width="930px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec =hocGdndDqISSkHtgQAvLTPq3QSy4jR6e"></script>

Hear from Titans Captain Nate Myles ahead of our clash with the Eels at Pirtek Stadium on Saturday.

@GCTitans: LATE MAIL: Paasi is out ofTitan s side with his injured foot not recovered after yesterday's session. Matt White comes onto the bench.
    #iwillneverwalkaway