Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

“It was relief. I was relieved. I know I’ve said that twice, but I felt it doubly,’’ he said

This made me laugh for a few minutes. dead serious. the fumbly way of saying relief twice, then you can move on, but no - he chose to address it, but rather than laugh at himself and say ive said it twice....he tries to pretend it was intentional and he felt doubly relieved.

still laughing, but if i had the energy to think about it deeper, someone that unwilling to let a mistake pass would be interesting to look into.

Falloon is going to be a big loss (yes I did just say that) his defence is what is going to be needed in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if Reed puts 3 over JR/Mead and the donkeys trounce em.
    Last edited by teke; 31-03-15 at 11:42 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Is kickoff 7 30 qld time? It always confuses me

Quote Originally Posted by NSW Titan View Post
    Is kickoff 7 30 qld time? It always confuses me
    Yes mate - more like 7.45pm

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yes mate - more like 7.45pm
    Thanks for that, I'll have time to go to the bunnies and the bulldogs game and be home on time for our game!

Thanks for that, I'll have time to go to the bunnies and the bulldogs game and be home on time for our game!
    Thank Fa#k Daylight saving finishes this weekend
    #itaintweaktospeak

Brisbane’s Kodi Nikorima has compared new Titans half-back Kane Elgey to Brisbane great Allan Langer
    TODD BALYM THE COURIER MAIL APRIL 01, 2015 11:00PM

NEW Titans half-back Kane Elgey has been compared to Broncos great Allan Langer by the Brisbane super sub that has played with and against the rising Gold Coast star since they were schoolboys.

Broncos bench utility Kodi Nikorima is the man with the greatest knowledge of little-known Titans No. 7 Elgey after the pair used to duel over the same Maroons rep jerseys in their junior days.

Elgey was the half-back and Nikorima on the bench in the Queensland Secondary Schools team in 2011, where Elgey would star and later gain selection in the coveted Australian Schoolboys team alongside now Test front rower David Klemmer.

Their battles would continue right through to their days in the Titans and Broncos NYC teams last year and will renew again tomorrow night at Cbus Super Stadium.

The stakes are high for the pair of 21-year-olds, Nikorima turns 21 on game day, with the winner to remain undefeated in his NRL career while the other will suffer their first loss as a first grader at their club.

Nikorima has warned the Broncos that Elgey is not to be taken lightly despite playing just his second NRL game.

“Their half-back Elgey made his debut last week I played against him and with him growing up. It will be good to play against him this week,” Nikorima said.

“He has got a nice show and go, a bit like Alf, so I guess we will have to be on him defensive wise and he is pretty solid in defence too. He is a good young player.” The Titans certainly expect Elgey to be sharper in his second run than he was on debut last week against Cronulla, where he almost broke the line a few times with his darting runs.

Titans forward Ryan James said he is learning to adapt to Elgey’s unique running game after spending more of the preseason preparing to play alongside five-eighth Aidan Sezer.

“Obviously different halves play different styles of footy. You just have to get used to the half you’ve got at the moment and used to his style of footy,” James said.

“He has a great long ball and a good kicking game and has good vision of the game so I'm just going to have to learn to play outside Kane because Aidan is a lot more direct.” If there is one area the Broncos will try to exploit Elgey, it will be defending on the edges where the likes of Queensland Origin second rower Matt Gillett will be running.

Gillett is among Brisbane’s best for breaking tackles and his ability to get a quick play the ball is also critical to the Broncos attack. James said because Gillett is "mong strong", a term for natural strength, the Titans needed to cut down his time with the ball.

“You just have to get up in his face. He is pretty mong strong and yeah he is just a pretty good player,” James said.

“He has played for his state and played for Australia so he is going to be one of the guys you have to watch.”

- - - Updated - - -

Wally Lewis warns Gold Coast Titans star Josh Hoffman to forget payback against Broncos
    TRAVIS MEYN GOLD COAST BULLETIN APRIL 01, 2015 12:00AM

LEAGUE legend Wally Lewis has urged Titans fullback Josh Hoffman to not try and prove a point when he faces off against the club that didn’t want him for the first time.

Hoffman yesterday admitted he had been waiting months for the chance to run out against the Broncos in a Good Friday blockbuster at Cbus Super Stadium.

After 109 matches for Brisbane, Hoffman was told by Broncos coach Wayne Bennett he was free to find a new club late last year, paving the way for him to link with the Gold Coast on a three-year deal.

It was a similar situation to what an ageing Lewis found himself in back in 1990, when Bennett pushed “The King” out of Brisbane to the Gold Coast Seagulls.

Hoffman is preparing for an eye-catching performance against the Broncos but Lewis said he shouldn’t change his focus from what has helped him become a New Zealand Test representative.

“It’ll be the same thing every bloke goes through when they play against their old club. They want to prove the coach wrong,” he said.

“That’s probably the worst thing you can keep in the back of your mind.

“Their number one priority should be making sure they’re full of intent to win and follow their own game plan rather than be worried about getting even with somebody.

“Having Bennett come into the place and not having a chance to learn or play under him would have left him with a rather large question mark as to what was going on but I’ve found Josh to be a very level-headed guy.

“He’s a good young kid. There’s no arrogance about him and he’s prepared to learn as he goes despite being a Test representative already.

“That’s what’s got him to the levels he’s already reached.

“Why change it to be spiteful for the cause of one game?”

Titans coach Neil Henry revealed he had leaned on Hoffman for advice on his ex-teammates during video sessions.

Hoffman has started his Titans career well in a rotation between fullback and centre with Will Zillman and said he had circled the Broncos game on the calendar when the draw was released.

“I’m not going to lie, it was the first game I was looking forward to,” he said.

“I can’t wait to get out on the field.

“Playing with them for a few years now and knowing what their strikepower is...I’ve got a say in the meetings. There’s a few players and key areas we’re looking it.

“I haven’t really been able to get much involvement (so far this year) but hopefully I can get more ball on Friday night and more time at the back.

“I’m just trying to play consistent footy and do my best.”

Henry yesterday named Kierran Moseley at hooker in place of Beau Falloon, who accepted a two-match suspension for a dangerous throw.

Back-rower Lachlan Burr has been named 18th man following strong performances for Burleigh in the Intrust Super Cup

Simpkins training at hooker

Unsure if that means that Srama is injured or not impressing

- - - Updated - - -

Kahu out, Maranta to fb according to Ben Dobbin on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Vidot to the wing.

Burr apparently in as well via Tony Webeck on twitter

So a bench of Pettybourne, Paasi, Simpkins, Burr?

I like it. Our best for ages

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    So a bench of Pettybourne, Paasi, Simpkins, Burr?

I like it. Our best for ages
    Looking like it and yes I agree it is strong, good mix.

Burr has been killing it for Burleigh

- - - Updated - - -

maybe they are trying to do with Simpkins what they did with Paul Carter?
    Last edited by NSW Titan; 02-04-15 at 11:33 AM.

Junior

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully it means Moseley won't be off the field for long because if we want to win he needs to be on the field for as much time as possible. Our attack is so much better with him on the field.

maybe they are trying to do with Simpkins what they did with Paul Carter?
    You mean coming on to throw terrible balls from dummy half?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]