Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

WHERE THE HELL IS PAASI?!?!?!? How does White get picked over him?

Also, Zillman is in there again and let's face it he will never be dropped until he retires. Club parades him around like he is a leader.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    WHERE THE HELL IS PAASI?!?!?!? How does White get picked over him?

Also, Zillman is in there again and let's face it he will never be dropped until he retires. Club parades him around like he is a leader.
    From Titans.com.au

Hooker Kierran Moseley will return from a minor knee injury to wear the No. 9 jersey in the starting line-up in place of Beau Falloon who has taken an early plead on a grade one dangerous throw charge and will miss two matches.

That is the only change to the team that the Sharks last Saturday night, although the bench has been extended to include Matt White and Lachlan Burr. Coach Neil Henry made a late switch and played Agnatius Paasi instead of White and the Kiwi, who scored his first NRL try, retains his position.

“It’s going to be a tough game; it’s a local derby and the Broncos have won three in a row, so we have to be better than last week to win,” said coach Neil Henry.
    The list they've put up is appears wrong (Mortimer at 7!!), but it sounds like it's same team from last week, except with Moseley starting for Falloon, and Burr and White on an extended bench.
    Last edited by K2G; 31-03-15 at 06:32 PM.

oh ok, just read the above

I just don't get it ... Crampton must be playing like a dodo if Zillman can keep him out and as for White over Paasi ... depends who you believe but if that's how it pans out then ... well, well and truly phark me dead!
    Last edited by Titanic; 31-03-15 at 04:27 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I blew my lot when I saw Mortimer named at halfback on the website. Thankfully it is wrong.

QLD Cup

Is there any indication how Crampton did in PNG? Regardless, there is too much pressure on Henry for Zillman, the face of the Titans, to be dropped regardless. As long as he plays mediocre he will still be there. I just wish Hoffman could get a full game at fullback so that he can get some combinations going. ( and I don't have to endure one more mistimed inside passing run from Zillman)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I just don't get it ... Crampton must be playing like a dodo if Zillman can keep him out and as for White over Paasi ... depends who you believe but if that's how it pans out then ... well, well and truly phark me dead!
    As we seen last week, Zillman will be lucky to play 10 minutes as a Centre. Then he'll be slotted into Fullback for the remainder of the game. Seriously, having him named each week is on par of opening a old wound time 'n time again. I hope the Donkeys expose him big time (and that's coming from someone who thinks little of them)..
    Last edited by Toads; 31-03-15 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timor 2 View Post
    Titans
    1 Josh Hoffman
    2 Anthony Don
    3 James Roberts
    4 William Zillman
    5 David Mead
    6 Aidan Sezer
    7 Kane Elgey
    8 Luke Douglas
    9 Kierran Moseley
    10 Nate Myles (c)
    11 Ryan James
    12 Dave Taylor
    13 Greg Bird

Interchange
    14 Eddy Pettybourne
    16 Ryan Simpkins
    17 Matt Srama
    18 Matt White
    19 Lachlan Burr
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np9tBI7_nq8

Rep Player

Zillman named again after arguably his worst of the season last week and white in for Paasi???? Sorry Neil Henry you obviously aren't the coach to lead us into the future if you can insist on staying the course even though you clearly have not picked the best squad. watch for Zillman to be moved to fullback and offer nothing 10mins in again.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Zillman named again after arguably his worst of the season last week and white in for Paasi???? Sorry Neil Henry you obviously aren't the coach to lead us into the future if you can insist on staying the course even though you clearly have not picked the best squad. watch for Zillman to be moved to fullback and offer nothing 10mins in again.
    Can we all please understand that Paasi IS IN THE 17. The NRL list is an error.

K2G has pointed this out well, read the thread please people

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Can we all please understand that Paasi IS IN THE 17. The NRL list is an error.

K2G has pointed this out well, read the thread please people
    i've read the list....zilly still in
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    i've read the list....zilly still in
    This!.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    This!.
    And this ... also just had a look at the Seagulls/Hunters game and we copped an absolute flogging
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans to play Broncos at Robina after one-game extension inked on stadium deal

Travis Meyn Gold Coast Bulletin March 31, 2015 6:32PM

UPDATE: THE Gold Coast Titans’ Friday blockbuster against the Brisbane Broncos will go ahead at Cbus Super Stadium despite ongoing negotiations with Stadiums Queensland for a new long-term deal to allow the NRL franchise to continue playing at the venue.

Titans officials and the State Government’s stadiums arm reached a one-game extension last night to ensure the game would go ahead.

The NRL, which took over the Titans earlier this year, is keen to negotiate a more affordable deal for the use of the stadium in Robina.

They will be without hooker Beau Falloon though, after he accepted a two-match ban for a dangerous throw and conceded he would have to review his tackling technique.

RELATED: TITANS’ LAST MINUTE STADIUM STAY
    RELATED: MOSELEY STEPS UP FOR FALLOON

Titans Greg Bird plays just his second game of the season against Cronulla on Saturday.

Greg Bird will play his third game for the club after conceding the past few months, during which he has been stripped of the Titans captaincy and been charged with supplying cocaine, had been difficult.

Bird broke his silence to tell media the past few months had been “hard to take’’.

“It’s been hard just, I guess people not knowing, people assuming (they know what’s going on) and making their own judgments with a lack of knowledge,’’ he told Channel 9.

Bird said he was “surprised’’ at the fact he had been embroiled in the Crime and Corruption Commission’s cocaine investigation and “disappointed (I’ve been) treated differently from other people’’.

“I know what I’ve done and I’m confident what’s going to happen,’’ he said.

Bird said the turmoil surrounding charges had affected everyone around him, especially his wife Becky.

“I’m massively sorry she has to go through this,’’ he said.

But there has been some respite, with Bird saying he felt massive relief when informed he and the other four current Titans players caught up in the CCC investigation would be allowed to resume playing.

“It was relief. I was relieved. I know I’ve said that twice, but I felt it doubly,’’ he said.

Meanwhile, Falloon conceded he would have to review his tackling technique after accepting a two-match suspension.

The Titans today entered an early guilty plea to a grade one dangerous throw charged levelled at Falloon from Saturday’s win over Cronulla.

Falloon will miss Friday’s blockbuster against the Broncos at Cbus Super Stadium and Saturday week’s away trip to Parramatta.

Titan Beau Falloon’s dangerous tackle on Shark Jack Bird during the Round 4 game earnt a two-game suspension. Picture: Gregg Porteous

Falloon has only played two matches this year after being stood down early in the season due to cocaine charges.

The nuggety hooker was charged with a grade two dangerous throw in the final round of last season but had it successfully downgraded at the judiciary.

He was also involved in an ugly tackle against Melbourne early last season which did not attract a charge.

Rookie rake Kierran Moseley will start in the No. 9 jersey against the Broncos and Titans coach Neil Henry said Falloon would look at his technique.

“He’s shattered at the fact that he’s had a really disjointed start to the year,” he said.

“He’s a real competitor. He’s a small man trying to make a tackle against a bigger guy and sometimes that’s how physics works.

“He’s got to look at how he’s tackling.

“It is a dangerous position and the review committee are really policing that.

“He’ll have to cop his grade one and with his prior loading he’ll sit out a couple of times.”

The addition of Moseley is the only change to the team that beat Cronulla 24-22.

The Broncos will be without captain Justin Hodges (hamstring) as they look for their fourth straight win.

Source: goldcoastbulletin.com.au
    I'd guess this is where the rumour on reddit possibly stemmed from about the game on Friday night might be moved to Suncorp.
    Last edited by Toads; 31-03-15 at 08:11 PM.

Josh Hoffman warns Brisbane centre Jack Reed he faces a hard task stopping the NRL’s fastest man James Roberts

TODD BALYM NEWS LIMITED MARCH 31, 2015 7:09PM

GOLD COAST fullback Josh Hoffman expected Jack Reed to fire the first sledge, so the former Broncos fullback beat him to the punch.

Despite promising to make his statements on the field rather than off it, Hoffman warned the Brisbane centre he faces the hardest task stopping the NRL’s fastest man James Roberts on Friday night.

Hoffman dished the dirt on his former teammates strengths and weaknesses during the Titans’ video session as they prepare for Friday’s derby at Cbus Super Stadium, a clash the ex-Bronco had marked in his calendar since it was released.

On paper the Titans might have their work cut out for them this week, the Broncos are flying after three straight wins, but Hoffman knows the Titans boast an X-factor in Roberts who can break a game wide open.

Reed is not known for his pace and got beaten for speed by Dylan Walker in Round 1 so the Titans have seen a blueprint in how to exploit their outside advantage this week.

“I wouldn’t be wanting to mark James up at the moment the way he has been playing,” Hoffman said.

“He has been playing some good footy and he is freakish whenever he touches the ball and I guess whenever he gets a chance and a bit of space he can do anything.

“But Jack Reed is a great player in his own right and he is hitting his form.

“It will be a tough competition with those two coming up against each other.”

Hoffman said he was expecting to cop a few texts from the Broncos this week ahead of their first NRL meeting, with Reed likely to be chirpiest.

“Jack Reed has a bit of a sledge in him. I’m waiting for his message,” he said.

“I will let them fire the first shot and I will reply with an answer on game day.”

While the Broncos are weakened by the loss of Justin Hodges (hamstring) and Adam Blair (thigh) to injury, Dale Copley returns in the centres and they’ve stacked their extended bench with front rowers including Mitch Garbutt, Mitchell Dodds and Francis Molo with Sam Thaiday back to start at prop.

Copley said the Broncos were more than aware of the threat of Roberts on Gold Coast’s right edge.

“Yeah he is explosive James Roberts and every time he gets the ball things seem to happen around him,” Copley said.

“There are always opportunities around him so he will be someone we’ll be keying in on no doubt.

“If we focus on us and we’re comfortable with what we’re doing it doesn’t really matter what they throw at us, we should be able to handle it if we are all buying into what we know works.” A win on Friday would give the Broncos their best start to a season since 2012 but Copley said the players knew they were still far away from the type of form that would make Brisbane competitive at the business end of the year.

“There is always pressure to perform here and whilst we are 3-1 we know there is a lot of improvement in us and we’ve got to continue to get better each week,” Copley said.

“If we want to play deep into the final then we’ve got to keep improving. Although the start has been good it’s about continually getting better each week.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...ailrugbyleague