Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

A bit more spin for the yarn (from reddit).. Don't forget, Qld Rail is involved in it.

Given most of the people there will be coming from brisbane on the gold coast line, they might be worried about something going wrong with it.

Edit: The game is on Easter Friday and running a sunday timetable, with no mention of extra trains being available for the game. If it's not moved it'll be a cluster****.

I wonder if there will be some decent promotion of this game. All I have heard so far is one of those same same ads on the radio which are basically the same every week with just minor changes depending on the opposition and kick off time. Hardly making people think of going.
    This is the game that the Bully should get behind just like the first game when cheap one game memberships were offered. I assume that the Titans asked for this date to work in with the Brisbane people that will head to the Coast for Easter but have any deals been offered to Bronco members for example? I don't care how it's done, just fill the bloody place.
    Bearing in mind we had two big games in Sydney on Friday night within 10 kms of each other and the Cows game tonight kicking off at 6pm, I just wonder how many people are in marketing at the NRL and the Titans, and not making a great job of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    A bit more spin for the yarn (from reddit).. Don't forget, Qld Rail is involved in it.
    There are always extra trains regardless of when a game is on. Last year I think getting a train after the Broncs game was easier than some of the lesser attended matches. Why I don't know and I would never try to work out why/how QR do things.

Whatever comes of it, it'll be interesting to see what sort of crowd is pulled for a Good Friday game in SEQ. A lot of Coasters I know usually try 'n shoot thru on Easter long weekend (if they can).

Titans unlikely to challenge throw charge against Beau Falloon
    MICHAEL SAUNDERS GOLD COAST BULLETIN MARCH 31, 2015 12:00AM

TITANS rookie Kierran Mos*eley will mark his return from injury with a starting role at hooker in Friday’s NRL derby against Brisbane.

The livewire No.9 is expected to fill in for regular hooker Beau Falloon, who has been charged with a grade one dangerous throw on Jack Bird after the Titans’ 24-22 win against Cronulla in Sydney on Saturday.

The Titans are unlikely to fight the charge, which will see him sidelined for two weeks because of carryover points from last season.

Falloon has been a strong addition to the Titans since making his return in Round 3 after being one of the Gold Coast players stood down following cocaine charges.

Moseley, who joined the *Titans from Penrith in Nov*ember last year, was ruled out of the clash with Cronulla after battling knee soreness.

He is expected to be named in the Titans squad today with team physio Greg Condon saying the 20-year-old was expected to be match fit for the Cbus Super Stadium derby.

“Kierran has had a bit of ongoing posterior knee pain,” Condon said.

“He succumbed to that (last week) and hopefully he should be OK for this weekend.”

Gold Coast officials have until midday today to decide if they will challenge the NRL match review panel’s ruling against Falloon.

Meanwhile, winger Anth*ony Don said the Titans had ignored the fact Broncos captain Justin Hodges limped off the field during Brisbane’s 24-16 win against the Warriors in Auckland on Sunday.

“We’re going to prepare like he’s playing,” Don said.

“If he doesn’t play that’s a bonus for us because he brings a lot of experience to the team. He’s an Origin great and he’s represented Australia.

“It’d be a big loss for them but I’m sure they’ll have someone who can fill in.

“They’re going really well too ... it’s going to be a good match. We’re going to have to be better than we were (against the Sharks) to beat them.”
    #itaintweaktospeak

Just bracing for the weekly Zillman disappointment ... oh, how I would love to see Crampton get a run this week.

And the joke of the week is that we sit at 13th ahead of the Cows, the Sharks and .... tekely sorry mate, couldn't resist.
    Last edited by Titanic; 31-03-15 at 10:23 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Unavailable: Caleb Binge (Back, Round 5), Brad Tighe (Ribs, Round 5), Ben Ridge (Pectoral, Round 10), Daniel Mortimer (Wrist, Round 7), Leva Li (Foot, Round 11), Christian Hazard (Ankle, Indefinite), Kierran Moseley (Knee, Round 5), David Hala (Knee, Round 5)

ur injury toll what happened to christian hazard?
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    Unavailable: Caleb Binge (Back, Round 5), Brad Tighe (Ribs, Round 5), Ben Ridge (Pectoral, Round 10), Daniel Mortimer (Wrist, Round 7), Leva Li (Foot, Round 11), Christian Hazard (Ankle, Indefinite), Kierran Moseley (Knee, Round 5), David Hala (Knee, Round 5)

ur injury toll what happened to christian hazard?
    I spoke with him at the Knights game & he could barely walk possible ankle ligament damage
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

I hope Mosely is fit because Falloon will be out right?
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

I like the Henry's 3 hooker rotation strategy he has going on
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the game I live for. One of the biggest reasons I am a Titans fan. So naturally I am disappointed beyond measure about how little priority it is given by the club. ****ing Neon Night indeed.

We need to aim high and look at how all the famous derbies around the world are promoted.

Anyway. I think we have a good chance of beating them but I do worry about the crowd.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans rookie plots Broncos' demise

Having come through his NRL debut with a boyhood dream realised and a win against the Sharks, Titans halfback Kane Elgey has now set his sights on bringing to an end the three-game winning streak of the team he supported as a kid.

Growing up on the Gold Coast and playing his junior footy with Tugun, Elgey's early NRL allegiances lay with the Broncos before the arrival of the Titans in 2007 gave him the opportunity to switch to the local team.

On Friday night the Titans host their more accomplished rivals from up the M1 in search of their first win at home for 2015 and with the added confidence that only a win – albeit a scrappy one – can bring.

The elevation to first grade has come earlier for the reigning under-20s player of the year than many had expected but he has vowed to showcase more of his skills if given the opportunity to play against Brisbane on Friday night.

"It's a short turnaround and I guess it's every kid's dream to play the Broncos so for me, I hope I get the chance and hopefully the win on the weekend will turn the boys around," said Elgey, who cites Broncos legend Darren Lockyer as his favourite all-time player.

"Growing up I always wanted to play the Broncos or play for them so the dream's here and hopefully I get to play on Friday night and get the two points.

"I was with the Titans when I was 15 so I've been here for a while and it's every kid's dream to play on a Friday night on Channel Nine so hopefully I get selected and I'll be overwhelmed if I get the chance.

"I'll definitely be a bit more confident. I was holding back a bit and trying to get into the game but I know what to expect now.

"The boys believe in me so I guess I've just got to believe in myself."

Sensing an opportunity to put the new kid under pressure as both teams eyed their first win of the season, the Sharks hammered away at the Titans' left-edge defence where Elgey was defending in the early stages of the game on Saturday.

Against the Broncos Elgey will have to contend with the likes of Matt Gillett and Sam Thaiday charging at him and he knows it is an area of his game that he needs to work hard on to maintain a place in the NRL team.

"I did what I had to do. It was my first game of first grade and I thought I held my own a bit I guess," said the 21-year-old, who made 17 tackles but missed a team-high four tackles.

"Defensively maybe I missed a few so I'll try and fix that on the training paddock and hopefully I get a go on Friday night against the Broncos.

"I'm not going to lie, it was [an eye-opener] and the speed of the game was just enormous. Them coming down my side made it a bit worse.

"I wasn't used to the speed but they came down my side the first 20 minutes pretty strong so I got into the game early which was probably the best thing for me.

"I sort of know what to expect now. Going into that first game I sort of wasn't sure what to expect so that will build my confidence and I'm excited [to play on Friday]."

http://www.nrl.com/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Broncos’ injury list: Adam Blair to recover, Dale Copley likely to replace Justin Hodges against Titans

ADAM Blair arrived home from Auckland in a wheelchair on Sunday night, but the Broncos enforcer insists he will be fit to face the Titans in Friday’s Queensland derby.

A wounded Blair embodied the rigours of a trans-Tasman trip as the weary Broncos arrived home just before midnight following their gutsy 24-16 disposal of the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium.

The triumph came at a heavy price, with Blair (corked thigh), hooker Andrew McCullough (head knock) and skipper Justin Hodges (hamstring) suffering injuries in the epic road victory.

Blair left the ground on crutches with his right leg encased in a brace and later required wheelchair assistance at Auckland airport, with front-row teammate Josh McGuire helping him take his place in a specially-organised business-class seat.

But the Kiwi Test bookend is adamant he will not join Hodges in the casualty ward for the derby showdown with the Titans at Cbus Super Stadium.

“It looks worse than it is,” Blair told said in the wake of the Warriors victory.

“I just can’t walk on it at the moment, but I should be sweet for next week.”

Blair began solidly against the Warriors, making 63m from seven hit-ups, but reluctantly pulled the pin after taking a knock to his right leg late in the first half.

McCullough also felt the pinch, being assisted from the field in the 21st minute after stumbling from a head knock as he tried to return to the defensive line.

The hooker underwent medical tests under the NRL’s concussion rules and was cleared to return, scoring the final try in the 80th minute to seal Brisbane’s third straight win.

Hodges had scans on Monday but is no hope of facing the Titans this Friday night.

Broncos halfback Ben Hunt backed Hodges’ replacement Dale Copley, who made a successful return from injury in the Intrust Super Cup on Sunday, scoring a try in Norths’ 44-20 loss to Redcliffe.

“Dale got a full week of footy in the Queensland Cup and he will get the call-up (for Hodges) this week,” Hunt said.

“To have someone of his quality to step in for Hodgo is really fortunate for us.”

Broncos warhorse Corey Parker, likely to replace Hodges as Brisbane’s captain this Friday, lauded the pack’s collective ability to lift in the absence of chief hardman Blair.

“As a group of forwards we did a fair job without ‘Blairy’ in the second half,” Parker said.

“It wasn’t a pretty win in the end but it was good reward for some effort.

“We knew the match would swing at some stage, you get more out of those games at times than winning by 20 or 30.

“Things were going against us in the second half but we really worked for one another which was pleasing.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/

Wayne Bennett wants Bronco Anthony Milford to find his attacking mojo

WAYNE Bennett has ordered Anthony Milford to find his attacking mojo as it emerged the pivot has not made a line-break or created a try in 320 minutes for the Broncos.

As Milford prepares for this Friday night’s derby against the Titans, Brisbane coach Bennett has issued the star recruit the first legitimate challenge of his Broncos career.

Bennett will not resile from deploying Milford at five-eighth, but the master coach says it’s time for the 20-year-old to step up and run the ball after a patchy opening month at his new club.

Official NRL statistics show Milford has no tries, line breaks or try assists from 144 possessions in his first 320 minutes in Broncos colours.

They are the type of numbers that saw Brisbane’s previous big-name buy, Ben Barba, pilloried last season as he struggled to adjust to a new environment at Red Hill.

Milford showed more promise in Brisbane’s 24-16 defeat of the Warriors on Sunday, but Bennett urged the playmaker to back his instincts and impose himself on the Titans at Cbus Super Stadium.

“There’s a few little things for Anthony to tidy up,” Bennett revealed.

“He is getting there. He is a dynamic runner with the ball, so the next step is having that confidence to run with the ball.

“I’m pleased with him, but it’s a new club ... Anthony is still feeling his way.”

At former club Canberra last season, Milford was easily the Raiders’ most potent attacking weapon. He led the club in three key attacking indicators, including most line breaks (17 in 24 games), try assists (14) and line-break assists (16).

Milford looked sharp against the Cowboys a fortnight ago, making six tackle busts, but committed two errors against the Warriors, including a kick out on the full in the 51st minute.

Former premiership-winning coach Phil Gould believes the Broncos should shift Milford to fullback, but Bennett is determined to keep faith in the Milford-Hunt halves alliance.

“Anthony got better as the (Warriors) game went on,” he said.

“He was good in the last 10 minutes, he made some better decisions.

“Ben (Hunt) has been good. I’m not unhappy with where they are going at the moment ... they haven’t got backwards or lost confidence.”

Hunt kicked with authority against the Warriors and vowed to help Milford recapture the spark to ignite Brisbane’s backline.

“I reckon I can help Anthony to run the ball more,” Hunt said.

“That’s one of his best skills _ running the ball. He is lightning on his feet, he can make defenders miss so I’d like to see him get the ball in his hands and have more of a crack.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/

Onya Wayne... You couldn't tell him that next week?

Junior

Titans v Broncos - Fri 3 April, 8:35pm AEDT (7.35pm AEST), Cbus Super Stadium | BUY TICKETS
    Titans
    1 Josh Hoffman
    2 Anthony Don
    3 James Roberts
    4 William Zillman
    5 David Mead
    6 Aidan Sezer
    7 Kane Elgey
    8 Luke Douglas
    9 Kierran Moseley
    10 Nate Myles (c)
    11 Ryan James
    12 Dave Taylor
    13 Greg Bird

Interchange
    14 Eddy Pettybourne
    15 Agnatius Paasi
    16 Ryan Simpkins
    17 Matt Srama
    18 Matt White
    19 Lachlan Burr

Coach: Neil Henry
    Last edited by timor 2; 31-03-15 at 05:32 PM.